ogfarmer

91/30 Russian Sniper

I have never come across a reproduction Hex sniper before in my travels, I have seen one True PE Hex sniper from mid 1930's with correct scope and mount which was based off the German Zeiss platform. No import stamp on the barrel or receiver.

A mere $6800.00 3 years ago.

Nice, you got the rifle from a friend of mine, Dan from Chestnutridge.

He is my first stop at every gun show cause he has the best prices on ammo. A lot of other dealers go to him and buying his ammo before the show opens up.

He works closely and his very good friends with Dan from Dansammo which is part of PW Arms(the importer)

Their stuff (rifles and hand guns) are hand-selected from whatever PW Arms importing.

Your rifle and the other 2 he had(the hex and the round) where handselect from Dan cause the excellent condition.

Did you get any 7.62x54r Target ammo that he had?

You got a great rifle at a great price!!!!

Enjoy it!!!

I didn't pay an outrageous amount so its ok, I know the scope is later production, but the rifle is nice

Nice, you got the rifle from a friend of mine, Dan from Chestnutridge.

He is my first stop at every gun show cause he has the best prices on ammo. A lot of other dealers go to him and buying his ammo before the show opens up.

He works closely and his very good friends with Dan from Dansammo which is part of PW Arms(the importer)

Their stuff (rifles and hand guns) are hand-selected from whatever PW Arms importing.

Your rifle and the other 2 he had(the hex and the round) where handselect from Dan cause the excellent condition.

Did you get any 7.62x54r Target ammo that he had?

You got a great rifle at a great price!!!!

Enjoy it!!!

Yes! I did get it from Dan, I already had enough ammo so I didn't get any this time. I did not plan on buying another rifle, I was there for other nick nacks and parts, but got sucked in.

you get hex pu snipers from classic arms. They're pretty well known for it.

These must have been the ones they had for 2 or 3 years that were in the $550.00 range. They were all repros assembled by century using repro scopes and mounts. Many of the mounts were aluminum and cracked after shooing less then 20 rounds, all the ones I have seen by them were round high wall. To my knowledge the HEX receiver was never used to make PU snipers by Russia. The high walled round receiver was made specifically in order to hold the side mount for the PU scope from 1942 and on. There were Hex PE snipers but they were phased out in the early 40's.