Sign in to follow this  
woodentoe

A different tree issue

When I bought my house in 06, there were two trees on the property. I had an arborist come and he told me one was diseased so I ha it cut down, about three grand. The other tree is a big evergreen he said was fine. A couple of years ago, bak neighbor came and asked if I wanted to cut it down because it was dropping pine cones in his yard. He would pay for half. I said I really didn't have 1700 to cut a tree down that I didn't care to cut down anyway. But if he wanted to foot the whole bill, I wouldn't object since he found the tree a nuisance. He didn't agree but later came to my house while I was at work and tried to get y wife to give home money saying I made a deal with him. So, liar.

I've noticed over the last few months tht the tree seems to be dying. My side of the tree has needles. But the top and his side of the tree is brown and losing needles. This is a 60 foot tree btw.

I suspect that he may be spraying or pouring some kind of poison over his fence in an effort to kill the tree or damage it so much that I just cut it down.

Now there is a chance that it is just sick and dying and that's on me. But, if this man is pouring dangerous chemicals onto my property where my dog does his business and my kids play, I want to catch him and see him in cuffs.

1) can anyone think of a substance, chemical or natural, that would do this to a tree that is older than most of the houses in town?

2)what is the best means to catch this fucker on camera? Trail cameras? IR surveillance? I can't break the bank but I need to know for sure before I alert the authorities.

He didn't agree but later came to my house while I was at work and tried to get y wife to give home money saying I made a deal with him. So, liar.

Da fuq?!

Did he expect that you guys just wouldnt talk about it? And once he hustled your wife out of the money itd be too bad for you? I mean its not like you guys live next to each other right? This guys trying to commit fraud long before hes trying to kill your trees.

If the tree falls into his yard, it's his problem per the homeowner's insurance carrier. So if he's that stupid to attempt to kill the tree with some form of pesticide/herbicide (any of the common OTC types from Lowes/HD etc) then when the tree dies and falls into his yard, it will be his issue to contend with. Trail Cams seem to be a cheap alternative to anything else and take pretty decent photos from what I've seen. Someone here might have one that they can loan you if you are really in a tight spot. I do not or else you could have mine.

And there are plenty of substances we sell at the garden center that will make your ground never able to grow again! Lol let me knowi can get you the good stuff. Spraying f you in his grass is always great revenge

Sent from my hidden under ground bunker between Taco Bell and the dry cleaner

My wife's cousin is a loss prevention manager at a dept store. He installed about 50 color cams around the store with a display in the security office on his own dime. I asked him how expensive that endevour was and he told me those little cams are crisp and cheap compared to years ago.

I can ask him for suggestions on one of those if you'd like.

The issue is that the tree is clearly not doing well. If it falls and I have no proof that he caused its decline, I could easily be held responsible by the insurance co.

I need to catch him. The issue is the tree is less than three feet from the property line. If he sees tha camera and stops doing whatever it is he's doing, will the tree recover? I will need at least two cameras. One at the fence line and one pointing at the other camera in case he tampers with it.

My wife's cousin is a loss prevention manager at a dept store. He installed about 50 color cams around the store with a display in the security office on his own dime. I asked him how expensive that endevour was and he told me those little cams are crisp and cheap compared to years ago.

I can ask him for suggestions on one of those if you'd like.

Any advise would be appreciated.

If the tree falls into his yard, it's his problem per the homeowner's insurance carrier. So if he's that stupid to attempt to kill the tree with some form of pesticide/herbicide (any of the common OTC types from Lowes/HD etc) then when the tree dies and falls into his yard, it will be his issue to contend with. Trail Cams seem to be a cheap alternative to anything else and take pretty decent photos from what I've seen. Someone here might have one that they can loan you if you are really in a tight spot. I do not or else you could have mine.

He is behind me. But e also owns the house to my right. If the tree falls, it will land in the yard to the right. His parents live on my left. This is a tall tree though, an if it falls it will totally span the next yard over and into the next house beyond that.

The damages are one thing. I'm sick at the idea that he may be buying a gallon of round up a week and dumping it I to my backyard at night. My kids dig in the dirt and play in the yard.

I love his parents because they've been nice to us over the years but if I catch him, the BEST thing that will happen is tht he winds up in jail.

Vandalism, child endangerment, insurance fraud. The lot.

Some people are nuts. Pine cones in his yard may lead to certain death!

I have one of those on one side. My tree had a single branch extending over his fence about 2 feet, not touching anything. He demanded I trim off that branch. Must keep airspace clear for landing!

And there are plenty of substances we sell at the garden center that will make your ground never able to grow again! Lol let me knowi can get you the good stuff. Spraying f you in his grass is always great revenge

Sent from my hidden under ground bunker between Taco Bell and the dry cleaner

You can also write stuff in his grass to with it. Trust me haha its funny.. not saying who or where but i saw a penis drawn on someones yard... it was a epic laugh

I have a 2 camera wireless setup that comes with a little screen and records on to a Micro SD card ---> http://www.amazon.co...5/dp/B008A7EOBQ its out of the original box but its never been used ill give it to you half price of amazon I also have this one 2 ----> http://www.amazon.com/Lorex-Wireless-Monitoring-System-LW292/dp/B008EIKU5K/ref=sr_1_18?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1367937598&sr=1-18&keywords=lorex+live same price

When I bought my house in 06, there were two trees on the property. I had an arborist come and he told me one was diseased so I ha it cut down, about three grand. The other tree is a big evergreen he said was fine. A couple of years ago, bak neighbor came and asked if I wanted to cut it down because it was dropping pine cones in his yard. He would pay for half. I said I really didn't have 1700 to cut a tree down that I didn't care to cut down anyway. But if he wanted to foot the whole bill, I wouldn't object since he found the tree a nuisance. He didn't agree but later came to my house while I was at work and tried to get y wife to give home money saying I made a deal with him. So, liar.

I've noticed over the last few months tht the tree seems to be dying. My side of the tree has needles. But the top and his side of the tree is brown and losing needles. This is a 60 foot tree btw.

I suspect that he may be spraying or pouring some kind of poison over his fence in an effort to kill the tree or damage it so much that I just cut it down.

Now there is a chance that it is just sick and dying and that's on me. But, if this man is pouring dangerous chemicals onto my property where my dog does his business and my kids play, I want to catch him and see him in cuffs.

1) can anyone think of a substance, chemical or natural, that would do this to a tree that is older than most of the houses in town?

2)what is the best means to catch this fucker on camera? Trail cameras? IR surveillance? I can't break the bank but I need to know for sure before I alert the authorities.

Go look for drill holes or disturbed earth on and around the tree.

It's likely he drilled holes and poured round-up or something in it. If he did it in the dead of winter, the tree wouldn't really show signs until now.

Go look for drill holes or disturbed earth on and around the tree.

It's likely he drilled holes and poured round-up or something in it. If he did it in the dead of winter, the tree wouldn't really show signs until now.

I would do this^. If you see a dead spot or hole in the ground under the canopy of the tree, cut a sample of soil down about 6 inches, Rutgers has a soil analysis program and they may be able to detect herbicides.

If they dumped a gallon of roundup or other herbicide over the winter I doubt they'll do a second application. But I would still set up a trail cam just in case.

Good luck!

Not sure what kind of pine tree it is but there is a fungus that is killing spruce trees. I would think that if it was this though it would be evenly spread around the tree. One other thing I have heard is that copper will also kill a tree. I'm not sure if this urban legend or what. If he drove copper nails in the tree by now they would probably be covered by sap. If you notice fresh sap on the tree it might be a place to look.

a gallon of roundup is not going to completely kill a grown pine tree.. especially not only one side.. my thought is that he is spraying the tree directly with something on his side because that's all he can spray at.. thats why the tree on his side (and the top, which he can "rain spray on") is starting to show signs of decay and not on your side

just a theory though

Jim, 1st thing -- before you go camera crazy -- Have a pro come look at it -- Thats a lot of camera work for a fungus

The tree is dead or dying all 60 feet up on his side? Is the dead spot just 30 feet up on his side? -- a good homeowner sprayer is only spraying material 20 feet -- Is the grass dead too underneath from the dripping of chemical?

I would also contact Rutgers and have the soil tested if you really decide this is a chemical

1 copper nail and time with devastate a tree....

There are also several insects that can damage pine trees as well. I sounds pretty shady though to only have damage on one side. I agree have a soil sample analyzed. You should also take pictures regularly (every few days) to record whats happening, if you should need to go to court.

a gallon of roundup is not going to completely kill a grown pine tree.. especially not only one side.. my thought is that he is spraying the tree directly with something on his side because that's all he can spray at.. thats why the tree on his side (and the top, which he can "rain spray on") is starting to show signs of decay and not on your side

just a theory though

Roundup will kill pine trees. There was a guy out west who poisoned three of them on his own property to improve his view of Lake Tahoe and was fined $50,000. If I recall, the poison works it way up in a spiral pattern but that might be something that happened to that particular type of tree. He drilled holes in the base and poured roundup in.

I grew up on a farm, have had several different classes of pesticide licenses (not school classes, types of licenses), and have sprayed professionally.

I don't know of any pesticide that is selective only to woody plants. There are lots of chemicals that could damage your tree - either by being sprayed directly on the tree foliage or on the ground over the root zone but every one I know of would also leave dead grass and dead everything else.

There are a couple that are selective to protect grass but they need to be sprayed on the foliage and I can't see someone without high pressure equipment spraying to the top of a 60' tree. If he could reach the top, wind drift would kill everything within half a block on a still day.

I suspect something other than your neighbor is killing your tree.