njpilot

Thugs Picked The Wrong House

Lucky for this woman, her and her husband believe in the right and ability to protect themselves

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/24/group-of-thugs-target-kansas-city-woman-they-had-no-idea-she-had-been-frequenting-the-gun-range/

GROUP OF THUGS TARGET SEEMINGLY DEFENSELESS WOMAN — THEY HAD NO IDEA SHE HAD BEEN FREQUENTING THE GUN RANGE

A group of thugs figured it would be easy to overpower one Kansas City woman. After all, her husband had just left to run an errand, leaving her all alone in the home.

They couldn’t have been more wrong.

The woman, later identified as Shirley Roberts, 52, immediately retrieved her gun after she heard someone jiggle the knob of the front door. She also witnessed two additional men heading to the back door.

Looking through the blinds, Roberts saw the men putting on gloves and preparing to force their way into her home. So she trained her firearm on the men and opened fire.

The criminals, scared silly, reportedly took off running. However, they also fired shots toward the house they attempted to break into.

Robert’s husband, Oscar Roberts, later said he and his wife have been going to the gun range to prepare for just that type of situation. “You’ve got to protect yourself,” he told KMBC-TV.

“I told her she’d done the right thing. We practiced that. She’s shook up, though. That’s the only thing about it, she’s very shook up,” Oscar added.

The practice at the shooting range seemingly paid off as police later arrested three men who went to the Research Medical Center, one of which was treated for a gunshot wound to the chest.

Police said the shooting seems to be justifiable self-defense.

“If you’re in fear for your life, most definitely we want you to protect yourself. We don’t want any harm to come to anyone,” Sgt. Marisa Barnes of the Kansas City Police Department told KMBC-TV.

I'm not so sure about the home owner getting a free ride to the Brig in NJ.  They weren't out collecting for the Red Cross.  Putting on the blue gloves shows definite INTENT to commit a crime.  Shooting someone AS they're committing said crime (while in fear for your life), some County Prosecutors would give this a "pass" if the forensics came back "clean" IMHO.  And ESPECIALLY if they could trace the blue gloves to any of the three, or get one to cop a plea and rat the other two out.  In NJ I wouldn't be so quick to admit that I shot first, but I'd be darn glad that THEY shot-up my house.  Who's to say who shot first anyhow?  Could have happened so fast it may have seemed to be together?

Dave

You can legally meet and repel the intruders at your doorstep.

If you shoot them outside the house, better drag them in before the police show up. Hehe. I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. It's funny and true, but not advice.

If you shoot them outside the house, better drag them in before the police show up. Hehe. I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. It's funny and true, but not advice.

Try explaining to the jury why the body was dragged into the home. Tampering with evidence is not going to help the situation.

She has an advantage. Not sure how much it applies in jersey, but generally speaking, a woman gets her first non-family dead body free of charge. They are usually assumed in fear for their lives if there are no drugs or past criminal history involved.

Arent you supposed to retreat in NJ? I still say she would have been in big trouble in NJ. If she had a back door to the house wouldnt you HAVE TO in NJ actually retreat? I don't think its so cut and dry in NJ as some people are saying here. 

There was one at the front and two at the back. She was basically trapped. Good for her

Arent you supposed to retreat in NJ? I still say she would have been in big trouble in NJ. If she had a back door to the house wouldnt you HAVE TO in NJ actually retreat? I don't think its so cut and dry in NJ as some people are saying here.

You have NO duty to retreat inside your home.

Try explaining to the jury why the body was dragged into the home. Tampering with evidence is not going to help the situation.

Nikos. You might want to update your humor subscription. You're all out of sarcasm dectector there Spanky.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Good for the home owner!

Don't you mean 100rd drum magazines??

A nice semi-auto 1919a4 with belts would be better :no:

Nope, LET them get inside first and finish them off.

Wait for them to get inside, grab that semi 12GA with some 3" shells of 00 buck and let them have it!

Just make sure you can afford some paint and cleaning supplies, aint gonna be pretty :suicide:

For the LEO in here.... how common is it for guys to be a group breaking in?  Isn't it usually just one or two guys?

If so, here is the answer as to why we need 30 round magazines in the AR.

Around my parts it is usually more than two. And, obviously, I am not LEO.