Gunnz

New Glock Finish

Picked up my new gen 4 glock 23 yesterday, got it home and was cleaning it, and noticed it had a different finish than my gen 4 glock 17.

My other gen 4, was purchased in June 2012 and has the glossy finish. This new glock has a matte black look to it.

Anyone else notice this on their new glocks? The date on the test fired brass was 4/25/13, and it did come with the new beaver tail backs traps so we know its a new gun

I have noticed different finishes with my glocks. I have to admit I prefer the matte finish.

Both are fine, just wondering why they changed it and it will have an effect on the hardness and resistance to wear.

Both are fine, just wondering why they changed it and it will have an effect on the hardness and resistance to wear.

I heard the new finish had to do with the chemicals used in the old Tenifer finish and their disposal.

I heard the new finish had to do with the chemicals used in the old Tenifer finish and their disposal.

Is this New finish as durable as the old tennifer finish?

The old finish was a blackening over the Tennifer.

Not sure what the new matte finish is. Read on other forums it was done to cut down on glare.