jds560

New (used) pistol, Browning HP, pics up

Got it locally for under $500. From the serial number it's built from 54-57. Other than one small scratch/blemish, it looks mint. Barrel is in amazing shape. I believe during this time period they still had an internal extractor. 

DSCN0147.jpg

DSCN0143.jpg

DSCN0153.jpg

as promised. Serial indicates 54-57. Barrel looks BRAND NEW. Which it might be, but there's this little fish looking thing stamped in under the Cal. 9mm so I don't know. For $425 it might be a junk or a rare find, I don't know. 

Edit: I'm no camera wiz, forgot to add these photographs

DSCN0148.jpg

DSCN0149.jpg

DSCN0150.jpg

DSCN0151.jpg

DSCN0152.jpg

I don't know if it's a rare find, but it definately NOT a piece of junk. I bet there's a lot of guys on the forum who would take it off your hands for your purchase price. I know one already!

Got it locally for under $500. From the serial number it's built from 54-57. Other than one small scratch/blemish, it looks mint. Barrel is in amazing shape. I believe during this time period they still had an internal extractor. 

In addition to the internal extractor, I think BHPs also had the "thumb print" on the slide until 1959.

It looks just like mine (1986) but they were building pretty much the same pistol for about 30 years.

Nice find!

Ditto and ditto to Jon.

I am looking at doing a larger safety more akin to a 1911.  Thoughts?

Dan, I went with the C & S oversized ambi safety and had Bill Springfield install it when he did the trigger job on the gun. Couldn't be happier with it.