raz-0

Another home invasion

Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man’s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims. When unlimited and unrestricted by individual rights, a government is men’s deadliest enemy. It is not as protection against private actions, but against governmental actions that the Bill of Rights was written.

—AYN RAND

I agree with this 100%. Sadly, far too many people in the country don't know, don't care...............

I think the vast majority of Cops are uppstanding dedicated people...But it is the bad apples like this that should make everyone question Cops every action...When individuals, with arguable not enough training, have life and death power over citizans, they most be watched day and night (figuratively), cross-examined, video taped etc. Unfortunatly, power has the ability to corrupt, and create huge egos, that MUST be kept in check. Cops are no different than anyone else in this regard, except that they are given life and death power with relatively little training and cetainly well befor the wisdom of years can tame the animal.

I think the vast majority of Cops are uppstanding dedicated people...But it is the bad apples like this that should make everyone question Cops every action...When individuals, with arguable not enough training, have life and death power over citizans, they most be watched day and night (figuratively), cross-examined, video taped etc. Unfortunatly, power has the ability to corrupt, and create huge egos, that MUST be kept in check. Cops are no different than anyone else in this regard, except that they are given life and death power with relatively little training and cetainly well befor the wisdom of years can tame the animal.

Clarification: The "animal" within all of us, not just cops per se.

Salon ran just today a very interesting article on the warrior-cop and the militarization of US police forces

It is a very interesting and scary read.   Uniformed fascism is becoming the policy of the state, and while I'm sure that many cops are not actually liking it, some are and the rest are increasingly turning a blind eye for a paycheck I fear.

This is not a LEO problem.

It very clearly is.

Taunting LEOs at a stop like this teaches nobody anything.

Breaking the law and violating someone's rights at a stop that should never have occurred in the first place teaches nobody anything.

Balls in your court.

Salon ran just today a very interesting article on the warrior-cop and the militarization of US police forces

It is a very interesting and scary read.   Uniformed fascism is becoming the policy of the state, and while I'm sure that many cops are not actually liking it, some are and the rest are increasingly turning a blind eye for a paycheck I fear.

Just look how TV glamorizes with all the "swat" type shows...They are the mordern day gladiators...The fact that the dip-shit in this article pointed his gun at the home owner is outragous!

Wow. Unbelievable where this Country has gone. So much for being governed by consent of the governed.

These police forces and judges are TRAITORS!!! They all swore an oath to uphold and defend The Constitution.

The Fairfax County Cop who shot the optometrist is a murderer and got away scott free.

The only way this will stop is by armed resistance, so be prepared for it to continue and get even worse.

I would love to hear the other side, but reading this it almost seemed like it was a work of fiction. 

What legal grounds would law enforcement have to enter a home with out a warant and seize the home? This is absolutely unbelievable (not saying it didn't happen) but wow if it is true.   

I googled this case and was amazed at the wasteland of crap websites that had the story (dailycaller.com, rightwingnews.com,peoples cube.com, ihatethemedia.com etc etc).. Does anyone have a link that comes from a recognizable news source.. I'm pretty sure something this big involving such violations would be more thoroughly covered.. And not by websites that end the story with "and president Obama called and thanked the officers for their good work"..if anyone can find a better source please post

I googled this case and was amazed at the wasteland of crap websites that had the story (dailycaller.com, rightwingnews.com,peoples cube.com, ihatethemedia.com etc etc).. Does anyone have a link that comes from a recognizable news source.. I'm pretty sure something this big involving such violations would be more thoroughly covered.. And not by websites that end the story with "and president Obama called and thanked the officers for their good work"..if anyone can find a better source please post

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/crime-courts/henderson-family-sues-police-breaking-their-homes

Henderson Municipal Court records show that on Nov. 1, 2011, both charges against White were dismissed with prejudice and that the case was closed.

News enough?

I used to think that way, that "crap websites" where just a place for the loonies, but I'm starting to get a bit of the Men in Black "Check the hotsheets" thing going on lately.   While I still try to verify their statements (for example the nonsense with the 3200 armored vehicles for DHS, which basically don't exist) the conspiracy theory conversion rate is now so high, I'm not really sure they are as crazy as they seemed.

You might also note that the original link that started this thread was Courthousenews, which basically seems to be a wire services for lawyers, not exactly a hot bed of extreme ideology.

Also that right wing place, Huffington http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/07/anthony-mitchell-lawsuit-third-amendment-_n_3557431.html

And I guess Fox http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/08/family-booted-from-home-for-police-detail-suing-with-rare-use-third-amendment/

So I'm not really sure how you couldnt find sources.

It very clearly is.

Breaking the law and violating someone's rights at a stop that should never have occurred in the first place teaches nobody anything.

Balls in your court.

After mulling it over a bit, I think my feelings have changed. I believe that although the the leadership and our elected officials may be hell-bent on taking every bit of liberty we have left, the "((jack)boots on the ground" are the ones that overreached. I'm just so disheartened that we have this crap happening so much as of late.

I concede your point.

Does no one read history? Or question these overreaches? The media blows up everything and then it never makes it past the next news cycle. Never a resolution. Even with major tragedies like Newtown, no resolutions, answers to significant questions or any closure ever gets reported. The level of manipulation is in the extreme. We are all expected to just trust our betters and keep paying taxes. Like what happened in manior's committee.

But we can vote on American Idol!

I continue to weep for our and our children's future.

After mulling it over a bit, I think my feelings have changed. I believe that although the the leadership and our elected officials may be hell-bent on taking every bit of liberty we have left, the "((jack)boots on the ground" are the ones that overreached. I'm just so disheartened that we have this crap happening so much as of late.

I concede your point.

Does no one read history? Or question these overreaches? The media blows up everything and then it never makes it past the next news cycle. Never a resolution. Even with major tragedies like Newtown, no resolutions, answers to significant questions or any closure ever gets reported. The level of manipulation is in the extreme. We are all expected to just trust our betters and keep paying taxes. Like what happened in manior's committee.

But we can vote on American Idol!

I continue to weep for our and our children's future.

good response, I agree with everything you said. I think about what kind of a country/world my 2 yr old daughter is going to have grow up in and survive.