Sign in to follow this  

WTB AR10

I bought the dpms lrt ssas. 308. It looked cool. Eh only money. So anyway with the magpul attached sites almost double holes. 3 or so moa. When i get a decent scope. Aw hell im going for 800 plus easily. The weight is an issue. Depends if you have an ultimate purpose in mind. You can always add or subtract weight from an off the shelf. Standing will get heavy quick depending on your size and ability dpms has other styles to shop from. Or as vladtepes will agree. Build one. Gotta go. Cleaning my multiple ar's from a friggin hot day of pounding rounds.

I have an Armalite AR10T -2 That is NJ compliant. It has a 20" stainless barrel and a good trigger. It shoots real good. Paid about 1k a couple of years ago...prolly 15 1800 now(haven't really looked but judging from the prices). Anyhow, that being said, Armalite has some new AR10As that now use the standard mags like DPMS and a host of others (see the text below that I captured off the site).

The deal with Armalite mags is they are expensive and you have to buy them from Armalite (or a supplier that sells Armalite).

I cannot comment on the quality of the DPMS but do know that there are many happy campers out there. At the end of the day, I would expect that either the new Armalite that accepts cheap mags or a DPMS are solid choices.

ARMALITE’S NEW ADDITION TO THE AR-10® FAMILY ACCEPTS 3RD PARTY MAGS!

ArmaLite, Inc. is pleased to announce the AR-10A. This new option of the famous AR-10 will accept traditional ArmaLite “waffle” magazines and some 3rd party magazines.

ArmaLite customers asked for a choice, and that’s just what we’ve provided.

The AR-10A family of ArmaLite® firearms is functionally identical to our AR-10B family.  Operation, controls, and maintenance are the same.  However, the AR-10A family is designed to accept early ArmaLite AR-10 “Waffle” magazines and good quality magazines copied from them, instead of ArmaLite’s proprietary steel magazines that are used in our AR-10B family. Neither family of firearms will function correctly with the other family’s magazines.

We have tested, we recommend, and we ship polymer Magpul PMAG® 20LR magazines with our AR-10As.  You can purchase extra PMAG®s from our website, www.armalite.com.

http://www.armalite.com/images/Library/armalite%20key%20characteristics/AR10A%20SERIES%20111115.pdf

Dave, I had a DPMS and like the others, was a tack driver.  That said, I'd build one which you can do at a good price.

Vlad, awesome paint job.  I should send you my m1a to do that to the stock......awesome look

Dave, I had a DPMS and like the others, was a tack driver.  That said, I'd build one which you can do at a good price.

Vlad, awesome paint job.  I should send you my m1a to do that to the stock......awesome look

grab some krylon.. thats all it is.. take the gun apart... clean the surface good.. and take your time adding to it.. 

grab some krylon.. thats all it is.. take the gun apart... clean the surface good.. and take your time adding to it.. 

lol...I don't play hangman cause I can't draw the guy and you want me to paint a rifle to look that good?  My friend, you have a better chance of seeing Jesus Christ..hahaha

seriously though, I might take a stab at it.  You really did a great job

lol...I don't play hangman cause I can't draw the guy and you want me to paint a rifle to look that good?  My friend, you have a better chance of seeing Jesus Christ..hahaha

seriously though, I might take a stab at it.  You really did a great job

start spraying off the gun then just make a pass over the gun then release your finger.. so you start and stop off the gun this keeps it from puddling up... and the fact that it is flat paint makes it pretty forgiving.. nice THIN light coats till you get it how you want it.. I hang the whole gun so I can work around it in a circle..  I just painted my Saiga 12..