carl_g

AK 74 compliance question

Hmm.. The statute says: "A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor,forward handgrip, or silencer"

Is the FSB considered part of the barrel? It is physically a different part.

to all knowledge i could find on the subject the answer is still "yes"

keep in mind laws are written by people who think a foregrip is that "thing that goes up"

you really think you can get them to diferentiate between the two?

a. I'm pretty sure "capable of accepting" has more weight than "barrel".

b. It's a common practice to weld AK74 muzzle brakes. Jet Agent can get it done. 

c. Are you willing to bet that much to know for sure if they will prosecute you for having dangerous sssalt firearm?

Can it be argued that its legal?  Yes

Will it get your ass thrown in jail for having an "assault rifle" until proven not?  Probably...

Is it worth it....?  Draw your own conclusion.

I agree... totally legal IMO per the letter of the law...

no need for welding to be compliant... 

on the flip side... I guarantee that if the gun is ever inspected you will be guilty until you prove yourself innocent...

further.. I always would tread lightly with AK pattern guns since NJ law lists "AK type" rifles as being banned.... we all know that they are not in practice banned providing they are not substantially identical... but the law still reads that those "type" of guns is illegal 

I agree... totally legal IMO per the letter of the law...

no need for welding to be compliant... 

on the flip side... I guarantee that if the gun is ever inspected you will be guilty until you prove yourself innocent...

further.. I always would tread lightly with AK pattern guns since NJ law lists "AK type" rifles as being banned.... we all know that they are not in practice banned providing they are not substantially identical... but the law still reads that those "type" of guns is illegal 

I hear ya Vlad. This FSB and brake combo are for my Saiga conversion.

Not to stray too far off topic but what do you all recommend for cleaning. Even shooting non corrosive ammo you're still going to get carbon build up on the crown and threads. over time this could become a problem, no?

I rarely clean my guns and they all work fine... When I do clean my ar with a welded on brake I just treat that part just as if it were part of the barrel and clean it as best I can... No issues...