Sign in to follow this  
waktasz

2013 USPSA Mid-Atlantic Section Championship

Hello all,

This year's Mid-Atlantic match is being held Sept 6-8 at Lower Providence Rod and Gun in Oaks, PA (near King of Prussia)

The match webpage is below. The match book with stage descriptions has been posted.  As you can see the match has a Star Trek theme. It should be fun.

http://midatlantic.super-tactical.com/

Also, we are looking for ROs and other non-RO staff to help with this match. You can help with any or all of the shooting days. If you shoot Friday and work both days you will get a full refund of your match fee.

We hope to see you at our match.

Thanks

-Matt

Hi Folks,

Looking for a little information here.  Is this another match that requires you to be a member of the USPSA?

If yes, Is there any way I can sign up, pay the fees, shoot in some capacity so I can become "rated" there for the first time? 

Thanks,
Tom

How does the match date work?  Do you need to be available for both Saturday and Sunday?  Also, what time do you need to be there?  I want to plan my time accordingly.  I'd really like to try a level 2 match.

Is this another match that requires you to be a member of the USPSA?

You can join USPSA before this match at Old Bridge next Sunday.  $40 to join USPSA and you shoot your first match for free.  You can get your feet wet first.

How does the match date work?  Do you need to be available for both Saturday and Sunday?  Also, what time do you need to be there?  I want to plan my time accordingly.  I'd really like to try a level 2 match.

You can join USPSA before this match at Old Bridge next Sunday.  $40 to join USPSA and you shoot your first match for free.  You can get your feet wet first.

From the application on the link;

Shooting Schedule:
Self-service squadding via the USPSA website only, first-come/first-serve.
Friday: Staff only, Saturday AM, Saturday PM, Sunday AM
In other words you sign up and shoot match in half day format.
Show up roughly at least an hour before match start time. Be ready to shoot by appointed time.
Plan on staying later than what you think.

If you have NEVER shot a USPSA match, this might be too much for your 1st match.

From the application on the link;

Shooting Schedule:
Self-service squadding via the USPSA website only, first-come/first-serve.
Friday: Staff only, Saturday AM, Saturday PM, Sunday AM
In other words you sign up and shoot match in half day format.
Show up roughly at least an hour before match start time. Be ready to shoot by appointed time.
Plan on staying later than what you think.

Thanks Ron.  Do you need to send in the match application before you can use the self-service squadding?  I'd like to see the time slots available.

Thanks Ron.  Do you need to send in the match application before you can use the self-service squadding?  I'd like to see the time slots available.

Yes you do. Send waktasz a PM, he might be able to better answer the question.

I am going to assume depending on how many shooters sign up, that shooters meeting for Saturday AM will be around 730am-830am.

Yes you do. Send waktasz, he might be able to better answer the question.

I am going to assume depending on how many shooters sign up, that shooters meeting for Saturday AM will be around 730am-830am.

Thanks.  I was thinking of going to Shongum also but I'm not sure if they will have the match that Saturday.  If not, then I'm flexible for either Saturday or Sunday.

Thanks.  I was thinking of going to Shongum also but I'm not sure if they will have the match that Saturday.  If not, then I'm flexible for either Saturday or Sunday.

Unless there is some other major event, weather, or conflict, Shongum shoots on the 1st Saturday of the month.

CJ would be the next day (2nd sunday)

Wouldn't the sectionals be considered a conflict?  First Saturday of Sept is the 7th.  Interesting that the second Sunday is the 8th.  Shongum and CJ are back to back while the Sectional would conflict with both.

Wouldn't the sectionals be considered a conflict? First Saturday of Sept is the 7th. Interesting that the second Sunday is the 8th. Shongum and CJ are back to back while the Sectional would conflict with both.

I this area everything competes with something. Such is life, and it is a good thing in this case, shooters have options. Sure, CJ competes with OB IDPA, but that is good for everyone.

You simply can't find a weekend that is open with no conflicts.

What is the difference between a level 2 matcha and what I've experienced at CJ or Old Bridge.  Aside from more people dressed funny.  And when I say funny...I mean like the gunslingers. lol

Generally speaking, more stages, dedicated staff and RO's so a more consistent RO'ing experience, usually stages are better with no "bugs" as they are planned long in advance and debugged by NROI, stages built in advanced and often shot by the staff a day ahead so they are really really debugged, etc.