Shawnmoore81

Starbucks is caving

I've always despised Starbucks coffee. The only time I go there is when Pizza Bob calls in the Mercer County Gun Nuts Association.

I believe the Pro-2A hyper-focus on Starbucks' following local laws may have been a factor in this wishy-washy non-banning they are attempting.

All that being said...  :popcorn:

I didn't read this as them caving at all. They are telling their customers to please leave them out of the political BS and don't bring guns to their stores. If you're carrying then they will still serve you. They are still neither pro or anti and are still following their policy of following the local laws. They're asking their customers to knock it off.

It's called fence sitting. All Starbucks did was shut down those mothers. 

It's not panic. It is a spin that that gives it a false connotation. It is an inkling of "Us v Them" when it isn't that case at all. It's the hint of "EHRMERGERD, Starbucks is now AntiGun!!!!!1!!!!" when really it is "We blew it and now Starbucks doesn't want us to OC in their stores"

Regardless, seriously, look at this guy:

68b2fe79123be9d84e862a72837d2df9_zpsbd1b

How is that appropriate in a coffee shop? :facepalm:

The other gunners there should have put a stop to this kind of shenanigans before it got to where we are now.

ETA:

How about this, you take some responsibility and act like an adult and stop posting inflammatory nuanced BS as topic titles. I am not crying about it - like I said I enjoy calling you out on it because it lets everyone see you scream that "the sky is falling" - I am asking you to take some personal responsibility and use some adult behavior and judgement for a change.

- Mods don't lock. I am done with Shawnmoore81 on this thread.

Is he the hole maker ?

I need a cappuccino just to read this thread!!

I found this comment on a discussion elsewhere, and I find it apt enough to deserve repeating (bold and italic text by me):

"Starbucks sells coffee. We can discuss the quality and value of the coffee, but that's what they do. When they started to get drawn into the gun frenzy a year or so ago, they tried to stay out of it, they just shrugged and said, 'whatever, just follow the local laws and leave us out of it'. That turned into OMG STARBUCKS LETS US BRING GUNS LET'S ALL BRING GUNS TO SHOW HOW MUCH WE LOVE STARBUCKS NEXT THURSDAY IS BRING YOUR GUN TO STARBUCKS DAY, OPEN CARRY YOUR GUN TO STARBUCKS NEXT THURSDAY!

Now, a year later, with gun advocates staging open-carry demonstrations there regularly, they've finally had enough, and I can't blame them.

I can't help but think of the nice girl who treats the nerd with a modicum of respect, and then a few months later has to tell him that she doesn't want to marry him."

TL;DR: This is why we can't have nice things. Did we deserve this?

qdUak.gif

[/thread]

There was a big article in today's Wall Street Journal about Starbucks and guns.  They had a map of the US and presented some "facts" that I did not know.  They show that you can open carry in NJ with a permit and that in PA you can open carry with no government permit required.  Really ????

I found this comment on a discussion elsewhere, and I find it apt enough to deserve repeating (bold and italic text by me):

"Starbucks sells coffee. We can discuss the quality and value of the coffee, but that's what they do. When they started to get drawn into the gun frenzy a year or so ago, they tried to stay out of it, they just shrugged and said, 'whatever, just follow the local laws and leave us out of it'. That turned into OMG STARBUCKS LETS US BRING GUNS LET'S ALL BRING GUNS TO SHOW HOW MUCH WE LOVE STARBUCKS NEXT THURSDAY IS BRING YOUR GUN TO STARBUCKS DAY, OPEN CARRY YOUR GUN TO STARBUCKS NEXT THURSDAY!

Now, a year later, with gun advocates staging open-carry demonstrations there regularly, they've finally had enough, and I can't blame them.

I can't help but think of the nice girl who treats the nerd with a modicum of respect, and then a few months later has to tell him that she doesn't want to marry him."

TL;DR: This is why we can't have nice things. Did we deserve this?

qdUak.gif

That's one way of looking at it. Here's another.

Anti-gun organizations routinely organized boycotts and demonstrations outside of Starbucks. And on the dates they scheduled these protests, gun owners swooped in and filled up their cash registers with cash and let them know why they were there.

And that is why you can STILL carry at Starbucks, to this day.

Don't like that way of looking at it?

There was a big article in today's Wall Street Journal about Starbucks and guns.  They had a map of the US and presented some "facts" that I did not know.  They show that you can open carry in NJ with a permit and that in PA you can open carry with no government permit required.  Really ????

Only if you walk everywhere from an excepted location. Similar in practice to NJ in this way, no vehicle transport, not even unloaded in the trunk, except to and from excepted locations without a permit.

Difference is that in PA it is the vehicle transport that is the issue. While in NJ transport is not the issue, you can't have a handgun at all anywhere for the most part. And transport is not the issue but is an exception for possession between certain destinations.

Can someone organize a "Gun owners support Facebook day". And then maybe Facebook can ban gun owners and then we can never have this problem again

More bad thing come from FB than good things

Facebook is extremely liberal. They suspend pro 2a pages but not pages about killing whites

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What's more tactical, Mochiatto or a latte?

And the Yeager poster behind him creeps me out. Even if it's artwork or whatever I don't like having a barrel pointed at me with a finger on the trigger. I keep wanting to duck out of the way. It's so distracting. I can't even concentrate on what he is saying

Holeeeeee SH!T

I actually agree with Yeager.....

I feel the same way you do on this one!  LOL!  Yeager is an opinionated Tool (still), so no Bromance here, lol!

Yeager hit a Home Run though with this one!  I feel the same way and said so on some posts I made on NJ2AS.  Bringing-in Tacticooled 12 ga. Riot Guns and AR-15's and posing for pictures with the GUNS IN YOUR HANDS to make a statement went a little OVERBOARD and Starbucks Corporate was forced to do something.  Let's face it, not everyone who owns a gun is TRAINED in "muzzle awareness".  In a crowded store, it's nearly impossible for someone to NOT get swept by one of these folks posing with guns!  Where is the famous NRA Safe Muzzle Direction being established?  

Holstered sidearms are one thing.  Waving-around long guns while trying to put cream in your coffee is just ridiculous!  I'm glad nobody was hurt so far with this BS!