Purple Patrick

Weird Nj?

Is there any places that haven't been torn down or removed in central/north jersey? The devils tree and the tomb of the 12 nuns are both 5 minutes from my house but kind of weak. I know grey stone I'm morristown is still there but is an automatic arrest if you go there. I'm open to any place and understand some have consequences

Thanks

You're pretty much out of luck. Everything is either a creepy road, a hiking trail, or a good place to get arrested.

I know that the "Gates of Hell" in Clifton is a no questions asked arrest for trespassing area.  Back before roughly 05-06 the cops would scold you and tell you to go home but now they ticket.

......................... I know grey stone I'm morristown is still there but is an automatic arrest if you go there. I'm open to any place and understand some have consequences

Thanks

Not much there to see. I work there sometimes, and it's just a nice shiny new building and a huge parking lot (with no shade either... Who's brilliant idea was that?) Pretty much every thing was torn down. There are a few old buildings still standing, across the street, but I mean just kinda crappy, neglected old, but fairly modern, not cool/creepy old. There are "hiking trails" now, through a lot of the old grounds, part of the parks dept I think.

Oh, also, its in Morris Plains, not Morristown.

there are places out there.... but they are few and far between... and unless you have permission you are really rolling the dice.... in modern society there is no more "hey get out of here" now it is "you are under arrest" and charges are pressed.... I have been to a few places but really tough to justify making any special trip to see.... like Centralia in PA for example... neat... really unusual... but not really worth anything unless you are close.. most "creepy places" are anticlimactic... 

Oh, also, its in Morris Plains, not Morristown.

Actually it's in Parsippany with a Mo Plains mailing address.

And for those who are tempted to go into the old buildings - the ones from the 1800's - know that Greystone has it's own PD (NJ Human Services) that are usually very bored. When I was in high school, my friends and I would "go spotting" at night for the monster bucks that run around there (and no NOT Jacking - we didn't have any weapons with us) and they would routinely pull us over to see if we were shooting the deer.

I've done Clinton Road (many many times while bored in high school), Gates of Hell, the albino neighborhood with all the tiny houses I forget where that is, and the thing in Alpine you have to drive around a few times and a ghost appears.

So what exactly is the deal with Clinton road? I've heard it's haunted, and have been up and it down it many times but never notice anything "weird". Definitely is one of the most desolate (but scenic) roads in NJ.

Not much left at Greystone anymore.  A few years back I went there taking pictures and got harassed by the asshole cops that patrol.  Seems they have nothing better to do, than go after citizens that just want to observe history.  Makes no sense that they chase you away for viewing the outside of buildings.  It really is ashame the way the state let that place decay.  Most of the buildings have been torn down, what a waste.  The deer you used to see there were amazing too.  They have converted most of the area into a park now.

Don't blame the cops. NJ in particular has way to many greedy assholes who will sue at the drop of a hat. Their kid breaks into an abandoned building, screws around, gets hurt an the the parents sue because the owner didn't make it harder to break into. Can you blame the state for trying to prevent this?

I'm old enough to remember going to some of these places way before Weird NJ made them popular. Got chased away a few times, but no more than that. If I had gotten hurt, my old man would have dropped the hammer on me, not tried to sue.

So what exactly is the deal with Clinton road? I've heard it's haunted, and have been up and it down it many times but never notice anything "weird". Definitely is one of the most desolate (but scenic) roads in NJ.

I drove clinton rd many times. Day and night. The scariest thing I seen was a big black bear that decided to run across the road.

I've snuck into ancora's abandoned village before. Went into a bunch of houses. I don't think it's there anymore. There was a mental hospital with an abandoned wing that we also snuck into. It may have also been Ancora buy I honestly don't remember. I was still a teen

there are places out there.... but they are few and far between... and unless you have permission you are really rolling the dice.... in modern society there is no more "hey get out of here" now it is "you are under arrest" and charges are pressed.... I have been to a few places but really tough to justify making any special trip to see.... like Centralia in PA for example... neat... really unusual... but not really worth anything unless you are close.. most "creepy places" are anticlimactic...

Is centralia the place with the underground fires from the mine that's now abandoned

Waterloo village is kind of interesting.  Its an old mill town with lots of falling apart buildings.  There is a graveyard and a bunch of other stuff and I hear it is king of spooky at night.  It is perfectly legal to go there and lots of interesting stuff to see.

9741186699_f4cb820447_b_d.jpg

Lots more pictures of it at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kirbinster/sets/72157635511768637/   but I did not take all that many of the buildings, you will have to go to see those for yourself.