gleninjersey

Just Cleaned My First Semi-Automatic

Well, that was easy!  Probably not a big deal for many but I thought it was going to more difficult.  Cleaned my CZ 75B that I purchased used from Gunbroker.  It's been to the range twice since I purchased and I thought I better get this thing cleaned! 

I don't know if most semis are this easy to clean but I have to say it was A LOT less intimidating than I thought it would be.  I'm a little impressed (and maybe a little high off the Hoppes #9 Cleaner) with myself right now.

Definetly going to have to purchase some of the low odor Hoppes.  :)

Congrats in a job well done. I consider the takedown and cleaning aspect of any gun I look at buying now. My Sig 229 very easy takedown and cleaning. S&W 1911E is a bit more on takedown, as is any 1911, but cleaning is very easy. My Ruger SR45 has easy takedown, but a few hard to reach areas that I didn't notice until first cleaning.

I also happen to be a Balistol fan, but I'm considering trying something stronger for those times I done clean within a day or two after getting back from the range.