Howard

FB "discussion" with an anti

Got into a heated discussion with a "friend" who is an anti on FB.  She had posted this: 

http://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1379556_10151656607665493_235363308_n.jpg

1379556_10151656607665493_235363308_n.jp

I posted how stupid it was on the NJ2AS FB page and lots of people chimed in.  But the best reply was this one, definitely worth clicking on and reading - it was quite funny.

http://slowfacts.wordpress.com/2013/04/21/if-cars-were-regulated-like-guns/

I love tearing apart anti arguments on Facebook. You can slowly see them start to unravel as their arguments fall into little shredded pieces on the floor. Then they either leave all pissed off saying you are stubborn or closed-minded or start calling you names. My favorite one I've been called is Hitler.

there's a group on fb called american firearms policy discussion. there's a few anti's on there. they're stubborn, and dumb as rocks. a couple of em have blocked me, 'cause i have no couth, and i don't hold back to avoid hurting anyones feelings.

they never have facts to back their stats, and when presented with facts, they dance around.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/firearmpolicy/

How about backing up the position against guns with an example of Iowa regulation?

http://www.northjersey.com/news/229041881_Bloomfield_letter__More_guns_.html

I am really no more surprised by 100 days wait for my FID in Bloomfield if there are fellow town residents with such a mindset out there... I am not sure if I can vote in this particular election as I am not a citizen, but a permanent resident, but I'll definitely make sure my wife goes across the street to support reps this time (condition, of course, what stated in the letter is true and not a another attempt to pull the strings of fear against gun violence in  their favor by other candidates)...

When people compare them to cars I question all the regulations on vehicles.

Not to mention in some ways cars are much less restrictive than firearms.

It is just in general a stupid ass comparison. Typical of anti gunners.

My reply to that argument is this..

Driving a car is a privelage

The 2nd amendment is a rite!

Ken

If guns were regulated like cars you would be given your carry permit upon the completion of a simple test.  Your permit would be valid in all 50 states.

Imagine if you had to demonstrate "need" for a driver license, and having it denied because you can take public transportation instead of owning a car.  And being unable to drive from NJ to OH because PA does not recognize your NJ license.

When people compare them to cars I question all the regulations on vehicles.

Not to mention in some ways cars are much less restrictive than firearms.

It is just in general a stupid ass comparison. Typical of anti gunners.

Comparison is valid, both are stupid.

My reply to that argument is this..

Driving a car is a privelage

The 2nd amendment is a rite!

Ken

Yes, driving a car is privilege. Were it not for the altruism of your Daddy the government there is no way you would be able to buy a car or figure out how to put a key in the ignition.

But, yeah, guns are a right. A right that the government can deny at their whim for any reason or none at all, and with no due process.

Keep your attention on the shiny object in my right hand.

This is the type of thinking that has turned our Nation into a totalitarian country far exceeding European standards, and if you ask them, we are quite honestly worrying them a bit. They know we are the next Soviet Union, and the last Soviet Union.

Championed by people that believe deep in their basic principles that driving a car is a "privilege" bestowed by the government.

The graphic is just wrong.

I can buy any car without any permit, registration, or license if I dont want to use it on the road.

I can buy the fastest car I can afford.

There is no mandatory training to operate it, just to operate it in public.

There is no mandatory inspection if not operated on public roads.

Ditto insurance.

Ditto health limitations.

So, pretty stupid graphic.

The perfect response would be: if the Constitution said "the People's right to keep and drive automobiles shall not be infringed" we would have equal issues with the left column as well. 

The graphic is just wrong.

I can buy any car without any permit, registration, or license if I dont want to use it on the road.

I can buy the fastest car I can afford.

There is no mandatory training to operate it, just to operate it in public.

There is no mandatory inspection if not operated on public roads.

Ditto insurance.

Ditto health limitations.

So, pretty stupid graphic.

this is pretty much how I respond when ever I see that stupid graphic. Than I add that not all of those car regulations are true for public roads either. There is at least one state that does not require car insurance that I know of, multiple states do not have inspections, at least one state that does not have a written test, at least one state that does not have renewals, and I am not sure of any state that requires a title and tag at the point of sale.