Blake

Opinions on Trijicon TR24 1-4x scope?

Been looking to upgrade a scope that I have on one of my ar's and just got an email that these TR24's are on sale.  Wondering if anyone here has one and how they like it.  Will be used for 300yd or less shooting.  Other options I am looking at in similar price points were the Vortex Razor HD 1-4x24 or the US Optics 1-4x24 (both of those would be gently used).  

Here is the sale for anyone interested:

DSG Arms

TrijiconScope_24.jpg

I would ditch the PA scope mount for an ADM recon that I already have fyi.  

The Trijicon 1-4 is supposed to be pretty good. I would get one at that price if I had the $$ available...

Avoid the US Optics. Bad QC lately and even worse customer service. I watched an entire turret assembly walk off a guys gun in a class. He called US Optic right there on the range and they basically said, "oh we'll, you lose. Sorry" and hung up. Clownshoes.

Thanks for the heads up on uso.

I know its a long shot but I am hoping someone here has the trijicon scope and can comment on the low power image quality. I currently have a 1-6 scope roughly half the price and its low power quality is terrible.

The scope is good, strong, reliable with decent glass. But unfortunatly no version has a reticle I care for. If they would put an Acog ret with holdovers in it, it would be awesome.

On the USO, (let me be clear I do not doubt HE) I have never seen CS from them like that. I would like to think its an absolute anomoly as I know many who have recieved great CS from them. I have run several USO scopes and I have not had a problem with any of them. Do they have the best glass? Not the best but certainly not bad. But the 1 thing about USO scopes, they are tough. I know of two that have been run over by pickup trucks that did not lose function and were only off from zero by less then 1 moa. Out in cyber land are videos of USO scopes hammering nails into wood, thown down rocky hilsides etc etc and put back on rifles and operated.

I freely admit my experience with USO was second hand - although I did witness what happened, it did not happen to me - and it was a sample of one. I also travel in a more RDS oriented crowd and as such am not nearly as well versed as Shane when it comes to long range shooting and it various sundries.

I defer wholly to Shane on thihs topic and recommend following his advice.

I'll echo what Shane said... the reticles leave a lot to be desired on the TR's.

I'm holding out for the VCOG (allegedly coming January 2014) and if it's what I hope... I will be using it to replace my TA31-H soon after. 

It's an illuminated FFP 1-6x WITH the yardage holdovers in the reticle. I just hope that A) it's usual Trijicon quality (can't see why not but...) and B) the price doesn't beat my wallet into submission.

IIRC you already have a T1? Maybe an Acog and  T1 at 1 O'clock might be a consideration. 1k is a tough spot. More than cheap ones cost but less than good ones do. The one consideration that may not be important to you is the illumination. The hallmark of the really expensive 1-4's is aimpoint bright daylight usable illumination.

IIRC you already have a T1? Maybe an Acog and T1 at 1 O'clock might be a consideration. 1k is a tough spot. More than cheap ones cost but less than good ones do. The one consideration that may not be important to you is the illumination. The hallmark of the really expensive 1-4's is aimpoint bright daylight usable illumination.

My M6 with an ACOG TA01 and an Aimpoint T1 2moa at 1300... Excellent setup. I'm very happy with it. I agree with Shane... It's effortless.

post-5135-138314599409_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2 Pro

I actually shot another members ar last week that had a ta11h on it and I really liked it. I was gona buy one but my gf saw me looking at them online and she said she would just get it for me for xmas.

...which freed up the cash to replace another scope.

The acog is going on a ddm4v5 and the scope will go on a 16" noveske that currently has a low quality 1-6x24 scope on it.

TA11 is my fav Acog.

I have no personal experience with this glass but it has recieved a lot of good reviews.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/category/razor_hd_gen_II_riflescopes

There is one of those listed on another board in like new condition for $850. Will def consider it.

I actually shot another members ar last week that had a ta11h on it and I really liked it. I was gona buy one but my gf saw me looking at them online and she said she would just get it for me for xmas.

Blake,  Does your girlfriend have a sister?

My wife doesn't buy me shit so I am in the market for a girlfriend to buy me nice things.  Lol

Blake, Does your girlfriend have a sister?

My wife doesn't buy me shit so I am in the market for a girlfriend to buy me nice things. Lol

Lol. She actually does but is taken too. Also getting the acog is just gona mean there will be something equally expensive under the tree for her. Maybe a vacation so I get something out of it too.

"Yeah, he shot mine on one of your favorite rifles"

Oh the web of equipment we weave. Your Acog on my old rifle. My Acog now on Sams new rifle. His 1-4 now on my rifle. My T1 on Sams old rifle. We should just have a community armory!!!!!!

Lol. Nice. Keep it in the community.

When you coming out to shoot?

Thanks guys,  I was wanting the green as well for the reason you stated, but I never actually used one.

I will keep putting my pennies away for this then.

Lol. She actually does but is taken too. Also getting the acog is just gona mean there will be something equally expensive under the tree for her. Maybe a vacation so I get something out of it too.

I am just messing around of course.  I am very lucky to have my wife, she has to put up with a lot, ME. Lol

I have placed about 15 orders with botach, I have never had an issue. Always fast shipping and great communication.

This goes for any place you do business with. If you have a problem with the item, with them charging you without shipping, or whatever else, the 800 number in the back of your credit card is very useful.