Donobieus

Just got my Mav 88

Brought home my new Mav 88 today.  But, they didnt have the 18.5" barrel model in stock so i grabbed the 28" field model figuring i can simply buy the home defense barrel and keep the field barrel for hunting.  However, I cant seem to find the 18.5" barrel anywhere?  They are listed on the Mossberg website for around $80 bucks but not in stock there and I had zero luck anywhere else.  Does anyone know where i can find one?

Congrats on your purchase. The 88 is an awesome shotgun, I have two of them.

Any Mossberg 500 barrel will fit the Maverick 88. Actually, about 95% of 500 parts will fit the 88.

Check ebay, gunbroker, etc. I think the 18.5'' barrel will run around $100.

If your crazy, Dick's has the 88 for like $170 for black friday. That line is gonna be huge though.

Dick's in Easton Pa is sold out of Mav 88s. I was there today to buy one. Only 1 pardner pump as well. Stuff was flying off the shelves in the 30 minutes I was there. The only items they would not honor Black Friday prices was on ammo.

I looked at the maverick at the Dick's in Depford on monday, and decided to pass.  I did discuss the second barrel with the sales clerk - he did NOT have any 'extra' barrels, but his suggestion was - at this price - buy TWO - one with the short barrel and one with the long barrel!  Think of it this way - a new barrel is probably going to cost $120-140 anyway; so for another $30-50 you have TWO whole shotguns.

My opinion on the maverick?  From what I saw in the shop, I like it better than the Remington 870 express.

I looked at the maverick at the Dick's in Depford on monday, and decided to pass. I did discuss the second barrel with the sales clerk - he did NOT have any 'extra' barrels, but his suggestion was - at this price - buy TWO - one with the short barrel and one with the long barrel! Think of it this way - a new barrel is probably going to cost $120-140 anyway; so for another $30-50 you have TWO whole shotguns.

My opinion on the maverick? From what I saw in the shop, I like it better than the Remington 870 express.

Agreed,a second at this price is way more cost effective than a second barrel

Don't look on Mossbergs web site they never update it, if you call them they will probably have it. I had been checking there web store for months they never changed so I called them looking for a 930 barrel and they had one. I am waiting to get it now should be a few more days. So call them!!!

I just picked up a maverick 88 over the weekend $213 out the door from Dicks. Its my first shot gun I am hopping to take it out this up comming weekend. Do you guys think I will have any problems shooting skeet with a 24" barrel? Below is a really crappy cell phone pick of it. Up next two pistols one for me and one for the wife.

post-7361-0-89914100-1388410858_thumb.jpg