ryan_j

Pistol permit form changed? Not STS-33, the actual permit

Someone on NJ2AS facebook said that FFLs got a letter saying that the pistol permit form has now changed. Not the application form but the actual pistol permits. He said it was letter sized and had perforations on both sides.

I'm curious as to why the change was made, eg. if the permit has additional info.

Does anyone have a copy of the letter they don't mind sharing?

There was a slight change to the NJGHP a while ago but all it was was

to add a larger box for the dealer to insert their actual address. The original

had only one short line, then they made room for a second line so the address

was more easily readable.

I have not seen these NEW permits you talk about - yet!

nor have I received any letters to that effect.........

I have not seen these NEW permits you talk about - yet!

nor have I received any letters to that effect.........

Same here...........But I only seem to get about half of the letters the NJSP sends out anyway - I tend to find out more info from this forum. :banghead:

Same here...........But I only seem to get about half of the letters the NJSP sends out anyway - I tend to find out more info from this forum. :banghead:

I haven't gotten a letter or email for over a year.

I saw one in person tonight!

Someone was purchasing a handgun at Bangers (prior to Emily Miller's presentation) while I was there.

Same info on it as the previous version, with the addition of an OGAM notice in a large font across the bottom.

And it appears that the PRNJ has just moved into the last quarter of the 20th century with these new forms.

They are 4 part carbonless, with pinfeed perforated side borders. (You remember them, right??)

So police departments across our Glorious Peoples Republik must be ditching their 19th Century typewriters in favor of 1980's vintage dot matrix printers.

And we pay top dollar in taxes so the clowns running this asylum, err, state can do this shite??

WTF????

If you want NCR, you need impact. Which means 80's style for matrix or 70's style daisy wheel. I think a chain printer would be overkill. Tractor feed ensures proper register.

There is no replacement technology, so I wouldn't bust their nuts over it.

And it appears that the PRNJ has just moved into the last quarter of the 20th century with these new forms.

They are 4 part carbonless, with pinfeed perforated side borders. (You remember them, right??)

So police departments across our Glorious Peoples Republik must be ditching their 19th Century typewriters in favor of 1980's vintage dot matrix printers.

Hmm. My last permit from NJSP was NCR with dot matrix printing. It didn't have the OGAM notice though.

If you want NCR, you need impact. Which means 80's style for matrix or 70's style daisy wheel. I think a chain printer would be overkill. Tractor feed ensures proper register.

There is no replacement technology, so I wouldn't bust their nuts over it.

Actually there is replacement technology and it's been used in other states.  Digital ID and just a NICS check.  Easy peasy in other states but the people that control New Jerkistan want to make our lives harder.