ryan_j

Buying an AR, risky?

How about a few example situations for everyone to wrap their heads around...

1. S&W m&p15 sport - which book?

2. Spikes tactical ST15 LE rifle direct from spikes w/no alterations- Which book?

3. PSA stripped lower - which book

4. Colt AR15 - which book?

5. Umerex colt M4 22 - which book

As stated, everything goes into the regular one, except #4. The mods are done on #2 prior to logging. That is how I do it.

To the best of my knowledge yes............as part of site inspections it has been mandated by the interviewing/inspection trooper that a separate bound book with all potential AWB items, lowers, full rifles etc that would normally be in a BOUND book with everything else, MUST be kept in a separate AWB book.  They want anything that looks black, military, semi auto to be in THAT book...inclusive of shotguns meeting "evil looking criteria..."

What is kept in that book...is the:

Line number of the transaction, who the firearms came from with date, whom it got transferred to, with date as well as DL info name address etc.......

So, *IF*, they wanted, they can take that book at without not too much trouble find out who has what.  

Do not think that in this state, that is beyond the pale............... 

There are ( 352 ) licensed dealers in NJ..how long do you think it would take a group of X number of troopers to execute searches for the books alone...?

https://www.atf.gov/content/statistics-listing-federal-firearms-licensees

Not trying to be paranoid or inflammatory...........but you are not hiding anything if someone wants to spend the time to LOOK.......it is ALL right there for the asking and taking....

The whole I lost it in a boating accident is comical..........there *IS* a paper trail that CAN be traced........

OH and BTW, private sales, yes can be traced as well..................

I have never heard of this...Can any other FFL's confirm this requirement.

That is not the direction given by the last inspection by the NJSP Trooper...

anything resembling an aw.... Anything that has an evil feature set... Anything

Even if compliant but looks like an aw.. Goes in the aw book...

It's not interpretation.... It's a mandate...according to the inspecting officer .

So going only by the info you posted so far this mandate went into effect a yr or so ago, correct? Was there an actual written statute/law shown to back the inspecters claim or just his verbal announcement of the mandate? I can see where he would be taken at his word but it would go a long way to seeing actual law requiring this new log in system.

That is not the direction given by the last inspection by the NJSP Trooper...

anything resembling an aw.... Anything that has an evil feature set... Anything

Even if compliant but looks like an aw.. Goes in the aw book...

It's not interpretation.... It's a mandate...according to the inspecting officer .

I'm not an FFL so I'm just asking.... Is the state willing to put that in writing? According to the states definitions a neutered civilian AR-15 is not an assault weapon and is legal for purchase. Why if by the states own definition it's NOT an assault rifle why does it have to be logged into your AW book? Have you ever asked to state inspector to see it in writing or are you just complying to keep them off your back?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking into my crystal ball I see the not to distant future. Its a photo op with the demlib elitest leaders who have by now taken total control of NJ standing with their State(Storm) Trooper brethren. In front of them is a table with stacks of books labeled AW. Their mouthpeice proclaims "We have an epidemic of assault weapons coming into this state! We are being over-run and its out of control! And we know this to be true(points to books)because here are the official documents! We must do something!" Then slowly from the huddled masses in the crowd starts to come a murmer, then a chant in the words of their Great Oracle Loretta Weinburg-confiscate, confiscate, CONFISCATE!

It's Molon Labe Time! Or.....

I guess I need to call the gun shop I bought my M4 from and ask which book I am in. If I am in the AW book, should

I sell my gun or do I wait for the PRNJ to knock on my door to confiscate it???

If only I could move to PA, to free America, but my kids and my job are here in the PRNJ. 

Damn this fascist State for putting me in this position!!!

Or am I stupid for thinking I could buy an A4 and really get to keep it in this political climate? I am both confused and angry right now!!!

look at what u caused.... You should buy us all one now so more can be logged in a scary unnecessary book. Oh yeah. Congrats

Lol

They are cheap now though. Ask me nicely and I will tell you where to get one at a great price. I plan to have a lot of fun putting holes in paper and burying lead in the dirt berms at the range.

look at what u caused.... You should buy us all one now so more can be logged in a scary unnecessary book. Oh yeah. Congrats

+1

+3

And good luck with your new soon to be taken rifle.

This has to be a joke!  ryan_j asked a simple question and a good one.  We all find out the Gestapo is forcing FFL's to keep a separate book for AW look alikes

apparently ordered by Christy and now you "shoot the messenger"???  If the posts I quoted were tongue in cheek, I apologize!

This is what I +1

This has to be a joke!  ryan_j asked a simple question and a good one.  We all find out the Gestapo is forcing FFL's to keep a separate book for AW look alikes

apparently ordered by Christy and now you "shoot the messenger"???  If the posts I quoted were tongue in cheek, I apologize!

If shooting the messenger means he buys me a rifle, then yes, I shoot him multiple times. 

This is what I +1

If shooting the messenger means he buys me a rifle, then yes, I shoot him multiple times.

+1 and Ryan, if you wanna spill the beans on a good deal we would all appreciate it. And oh yeah. Got pics? We all like pics

I have 4 years at least. Who knows what will happen.

If CC ordered the new books and CC remains Governor, what makes you so certain CC won't confiscate???

If he looses his chance for a national race, he may just show his true colors!

if you look in the hotdeals post you see where I posted it, this is where Ryan went

+1 and Ryan, if you wanna spill the beans on a good deal we would all appreciate it. And oh yeah. Got pics? We all like pics Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

if you look in the hotdeals post you see where I posted it, this is where Ryan went

Yep. 

Don't really want to violate the forum rules, but that's pretty much it. 

Less than 600 bucks you can own a scary black rifle. Haven't shot it yet, but I'll be going to the range soon. 

+1,

It's similar to what NJSP(and some ATF agent's) were telling FFL's that you need 07 License to cut a bayonet lug or pin a stock or pin a muzzle brake!!!

A lot of FFL's they believe the NJSP and they stop offering these type of services but few others FFL's asked the ATF/NJSP to show them which laws they break!!

Of course they couldn't prove that!

Personally i wouldnt any business with a FFL that they don't follow the law and they volunteer to enter my purchases to AW book.

If I were an FFL I'd ask for a clarification from NJSP. In writing.

Yeah you argue with the inspecting officer who has the power to pull/not renew your state license.....

:facepalm:

Do you people even read what you type?

Would you advise people to fill out extra paperwork from their home police department that does not follow written NJ law even though the Chief has the power to deny permits/FID's?

Apples and oranges your livelihood does not rest on your fid....

When you get your ffl and state license lets see how tough you are....

Not apples and oranges. Don't downplay my rights because you CHOOSE your profession.

Who is the one acting tough here? I asked you a yes or no question and you avoided it. It was an honest question. I know its not easy easy being an ffl, never professed otherwise. I appreciate that you all give us an outlet to enjoy our hobby. But don't tell me I'm less important because I didn't pursue this particular field of employment.

I understand fully why an ffl would comply, but I fully support the gentleman that decides not to patronize an establishment who chooses to effectively register weapons I own.

Not apples and oranges. Don't downplay my rights because you CHOOSE your profession.

Who is the one acting tough here? I asked you a yes or no question and you avoided it. It was an honest question. I know its not easy easy being an ffl, never professed otherwise. I appreciate that you all give us an outlet to enjoy our hobby. But don't tell me I'm less important because I didn't pursue this particular field of employment.

I understand fully why an ffl would comply, but I fully support the gentleman that decides not to patronize an establishment who chooses to effectively register weapons I own.

+1

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk