david8613

can we start a dedicated bull pup sub forum?

We need a bull-pup sub forum! VOTE!   

31 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a bull-pup sub forum?

ultimately up to Maks.. but I have never really liked the idea of many subforums.. 

4 votes of yes illustrates not a ton of interest.. imo

I'm surprised, I thought there would be a lot more gun guys interested in this I guess not...

A poll for this is retarded. Why would someone actually vote "No"? What is there to actually be against for someone to vote against this? I could see not voting or ignoring the poll if you had no interest in bulpups, but what is taken away from the rest of the membership - or personally from those that voted "no" - to make a bullpup sub forum?

To me that is a very liberal mindset - "even though it doesn't effect me directly one way or another, I don't think they should have it. So I will vote against it" :facepalm:

I have no interest in revolvers, but if the revolver guys asked if there was support for a revolver sub-forum under Handguns I would give it gladly. Why not support the guys who have an interest in it?

The only thing more dumb than a poll for this topic, is making it a poll a week after the topic has been posted...

To me that is a very liberal mindset - "even though it doesn't effect me directly one way or another, I don't think they should have it. So I will vote against it" :facepalm:..

I see that mentality a lot in here/firearm forums in general...2a 2a 2a.....but forget about the rest of them ....not to mention the Obama/nj oppressors they continue to support/vote for...lol

I voted no because a millions forums is dumb. It ends up creating more management, more separation and serves no logical purpose. If you really like bulpups you should probably talk to them as if they were rifles not something different because you get a sub forum and then you lose the casual browser who doesn't bother to read about you favorite gun.

I also don't understand why people get annoyed when they ask me to choose between to options and they get mad when I choose the one the dislike. Why ask the question in that format? Just tell me what I should be thinking, why don't you?

I voted no because a millions forums is dumb. It ends up creating more management, more separation and serves no logical purpose. If you really like bulpups you should probably talk to them as if they were rifles not something different because you get a sub forum and then you lose the casual browser who doesn't bother to read about you favorite gun.

I also don't understand why people get annoyed when they ask me to choose between to options and they get mad when I choose the one the dislike. Why ask the question in that format? Just tell me what I should be thinking, why don't you?

First, its a request for "a" sub-forum. "A" as in singular, one. It isn't a million. Besides for a guy that is "Surprised that there are people who read the forum in any way but "view new content". I don't think I even know what forums there are on this forum." it seems like it wouldn't bother you at all or impact the browsing habits of any casual user... Just saying' ;)

Anyway, it's not separation, it's organization - nothing could me more logical. With your line of thought we should only have two sections: "gun stuff" and "not gun stuff".

Why have an AK and an AR sub forum? Why not just a semiauto rifle sub forum? Bullpups are more different in design and TTPs to either of those rifles than ARs and AKs are to each other. Why seperate shotguns out of long-guns? We don't seperate 9mm from .45ACP from 5.56x45 do we? So then why is rim-fire seperated into its own category - its either a handgun or a rifle and we already have a forum for each of those?

The answer is the same for each and every category listed on this site: organization. It brings like minded people together, allows neophytes a place to research and find answers, it provodes a place for experienced users to share. It is a logical separation from the broad to the narrow for useful purposes.

The bullpup market is blowing up right now with the addition of the Tavor. More and more people are getting their hands on them as they are basically a non-NFA SBR (my MSAR with 18" barrel is shorter overall than my issued Colt R0933 Commando woth 11.5" barrel) and bullpups are very unique weapons in thier manual of arms, the gear to run them, and the techniques to employ and maintain them.

If you have no interest in that topic, don't click on it. It is no skin of the users nose if there is a forum they don't visit (I don't know what expense there is to Maks or work to the mods). I don't click on the hunting, C&R, muzzleloader, or the knife forums because I have no interest in those topics. Doesn't mean I think they should not exist in order to streamline the forum for my particular interests. Also, if I ever decide I do have an interest, now I know where to start my research and ask questions.

Finally, Nobody is telling you what you should be thinking, least of all me, I apologoze if that is how my post came across. But your statement does get to the bottom of why polls are dumb. You pigeonhole folks into finite answers - in this case a binary yes or no. You then get results you don't want or were not expecting.

Well I have and continue to administer forums that have nothing to do with guns and whenever you add a forum or sub forum (there is no difference) you add headaches. I read forums via the show unread option, but that doesn't make it any easier to run a forum. Of course, I don't run this one but if you ask my opinion with a poll, I'll give you my answer. If you don't want it, don't ask.

I hardly would call the 3 or 4 guns on the market and explosion, but I get back the issue listed above. Why not a forum for lever guns? One for trap doors? One for Mausers with a sub forum for Springfields?

I really don't care if there a forum for this, but I'm more annoyed then people are annoyed that I have an opinion about it and somehow it became an issue of rights oppression. I'm puzzled at the attitude of why don't more gun people support bulpups as if it was a requirement. That's like saying why don't all car people like trucks.

Again, I agree on the poll. Stupid. It is also not my OP/request or my poll.

I have heard more excitement about bullpups in general over the last year than I have heard an while. It's not the explosion of the firearms themselves, more the drastic uptick in the interest on bullpups in general, the number of companies marketing accessories, upgrades etc....

I guess because (A) no one has asked, and (B) because Springfields and Mausers are already covered under C&R, leverguns are under rifles - where bullpups are now covered as well. Again, I ask why have an AR and an AK forum? You could easily combine them together, or back into rifles and save a headache or two.

No one is annoyed that you have an opinion about it. I know I am not. It is more that the opinion is "I really don't care if there a forum for this" - but I will vote against what the guys that do care want, even though it won't affect me. It is a little dramatic of a comparison, but to me it is kinda like some hunters trying to save their bird guns by selling out the black rifles.

I hear ya and I know that. But all you can do is look at the "data" :rolleyes: generated in the poll. Like it or not, in a poll without a "meh" option, a "no" - for any reason - is opposition. Not voting at all would be a better choice to voice an "I don't think we need it, but I don't care if you have it" opinion.

It is like this - Take a new poll:

Do you still beat your wife?

( ) Yes

( ) No

How do you answer - "Yes I still beat my wife" or "No I don't beat her anymore"? The only safe answer is to not vote at all. Unless of course you do/did beat her, in which case - carry on with the poll :)

I think the idea of a bullpup forum on a site specific to NJ would be nice. There are a lot of smart people here with a ton of knowledge to share. Bullpupforum.com is a great place, but many times people on there can't answer questions that pertain to NJ. During my journey for a Tavor I received many answers that ended like this, "It would probably serve you better to post these questions on a forum specific to your state", which is actually one reason I ended up here.

Good point karl, just so you guys know iwi will be making available state specific compliant tavors, it proves bull pups are pretty big now or else they wouldnt do that, here is the link.

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/new-iwi-us-ban-compliant-od-green-tavors-9mm-conversion-kits-accessory-line/

And I agree adding a sub forum is not a headache its about organization.

I voted no (sorry, HE). It's not that I oppose the idea conceptually, I just don't see enough bullpup content going through that would justify a sub-forum. More than half of the rifles page is read to me and the last post on the front page is from December 14th. If in the future more and more bullpup related content should come by, then go for it. I just don't see the need now.

Bull pup votes are winning. I bet if we had the Internet back when the m16 first Came to existence we would have had the same reaction, its too different. The mods should just put up a bull pup sub forum and see were it goes, if there is no interest then it will just go away to the side never to be seen again, But on the other hand, It might even help expand and introduce people to bull pups who don't know about them.

Bull pup votes are winning. I bet if we had the Internet back when the m16 first Came to existence we would have had the same reaction, its too different. The mods should just put up a bull pup sub forum and see were it goes, if there is no interest then it will just go away to the side never to be seen again, But on the other hand, It might even help expand and introduce people to bull pups who don't know about them.

i dont think its "too different"... i think there are numerous rifles that would need the same consideration... 10 people on the forum voted that they wanted it.. so if pump rifles, lever action, bolt action, tripod mounted.. and so on all get 10 votes should we make those a section as well?

how many active threads have been made that revolved around a bullpup? how many where a bolt gun? or a lever gun? was the topic of discussion..  if you use that justification you could make the argument on ANY of those platforms..

why an AR section? because since its creation there has been 1500 threads about the platform just in that section...

I just searched the forum for things like "bullpup" "tavor" "ps90" and ended up with about 100 topics TOTAL.. keep in mind that some of those were duplicate threads based on the search term... so probably more like 50-75 unique topics about the platform... 

remington 308 alone returns more results than that... there is far more of a "need" for a "bolt gun" section than a bull pup one..