Golf battery

First time IDPA shoot

Last sunday at somerset cty fish and game i did my first match. It was awesome. Scared and anxious. For no reason. Yeah i came in last but for the first time i wasnt looking to gain notoriety but just do it. Its real life defense with a pistol. Everyone was awesome and helpful. Next one is march 8 at my range. South jersey shooting club. Newbie deductions killed my time and im ok with that. So if anyone out there is thinking about going --- just do it. Its a blast. Hah literally. Im hooked. Thanks pizza Bob for helping me with all my questions and texts You the man. If you think you might want to do it but arent sure just go as a spectator first and youll see how there is nothing to worry about. See y'all.

I don't think you came in last.  When you add in the 50 seconds it took me to clear the round that totally jammed and locked up my gun so that I could not even pull out the magazine I am fairly certain that put me in dead last.  Glad you had a good time.

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and we hope to see you again next month.

Because we only have a smallish indoor range we have to limit each match to 30 shooters so we finish at a reasonable time. Anyone wanting to take part needs to sign up at http://www.somersetidpa.com/matches/.

If you're not an IDPA member you get 1 free match to see if you like it and then you need to become a member to shoot any more. http://www.idpa.com/

A really useful website is http://www.nepaidpascores.net/ where you can find most of the area's action shooting events listed as well as articles with lots of info on the sports and techniques.

February's results are available at the link below. To settle the argument, Howard did finish with the highest time followed by Pizza Bob 0.86 seconds quicker :fan:

https://practiscore.com/results/?uuid=5bda2564-5500-4a7e-b3d3-b84ad218e7ef 

To settle the argument, Howard did finish with the highest time followed by Pizza Bob 0.86 seconds quicker :fan:

Stu:

The least you could have done is mention that I'm shooting a wheelgun against this horde of bottom feeders (Tom excepted - you aren't supposed to beat the MD anyway - LOL).

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Stu:

The least you could have done is mention that I'm shooting a wheelgun against this horde of bottom feeders (Tom excepted - you aren't supposed to beat the MD anyway - LOL).

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I know you are big enough and ugly enough to stand up for yourself. Besides, you've been using the wheel gun excuse far too long already. You need a new excuse like you're not used to having a convenient box thing to load all your ammo into the gun at once :lol:

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Does SJSC have a flyer or anything for that match? I cant find any info on their sight? Do you have to be a member there?

Go to NEPAIDPASCORES..com, click on the schedule and find South Jersey. Click on that for details. I've shot a classifier there. Nice outdoor range, but they start too early for this old fart to drag himself out of bed. Maybe when the weather is warmer, or they have another classifier.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Stu:

The least you could have done is mention that I'm shooting a wheelgun against this horde of bottom feeders (Tom excepted - you aren't supposed to beat the MD anyway - LOL).

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Yeah, that was me at OBRPC last year. I was the only one there with a wheelgun. I am just finishing a 4" 686 for IDPA. Had the cylinder cut for moonclips, no more chasing brass next time!

Thanks guys, one odd thing I been wondering for a while about IDPA and USPSA is do they give you time to go back and pick up your brass or does the next squad just roll right in and stomp all over it.

Thanks guys, one odd thing I been wondering for a while about IDPA and USPSA is do they give you time to go back and pick up your brass or does the next squad just roll right in and stomp all over it.

It depends on the match.  Some you or others on the squad pick it up while the targets are scored, others it all gets thrown in a bucket and you sort it out after the match and in others it just sits there.  Each club handles it differently.

Glad you had a great time and met some new friends!  Tom and Company are a real nice crew

Brass is the enemy of safe footing, so in every Rule Book for gun games it's mentioned that the next shooter on the squad should have a clear and safe pathway.  That's one of the main reasons that indoor ranges running gun games like IDPA and USPSA always have the Stage on the right side of the Range fire FIRST, and then the left-side Stage is run.  Less trouble with shooters slippin' and fallin' on loose brass since most autos eject to the right.  It's also better time-wise since you stop the action only to score as others on the squad brass and tape.

If we ever find the grass and gravel again at our outdoor range, Old Bridge runs a nice IDPA on the 2nd Sunday, and due to the location, this Match allows for more leeway in Stage Design (target set-ups), with a much wider zone of fire (you can't shoot the floor or side-walls at an indoor range).  I remember one time a few years back a Stage's start position was sitting atop a riding lawn mower with your gun loaded and holstered, lol!  And you engaged the Bad-guys from the seat of the mower!

Again, welcome to a new brave world!  Hope to shoot alongside ya soon!

Dave

PPC Match Director at OBRPC

Is there a match tomorrow in Somerset and is it ok to come to watch?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tomorrow is the 4th Sunday, so NO Match tomorrow!  Somerset's IDPA Match is held on the 3rd Sunday.  Registration Link is the top link in Post #5 of this thread.

^^^What do you have and what are you missing?  Lots of times guys like me bring extra stuff to a Match.  For instance, I can outfit a right-handed shooter with gun, mags, ammo, and holster, lol!

Lots of friendly folks can loan you stuff so you don't run out and buy the WRONG stuff first!  So don't let "the Gear" get in the way of having FUN!

IDPA rules call for pistols to be 9mm (9x19) or larger and revolvers to be .38 Special or larger.

There is a provision for .380's as follows:

8.2.7. Not For Competition

IDPA encourages shooters to practice their gun handling skills with commonly carried firearms. Many everyday carry firearms do not fit into the 5 competition divisions.

IDPA allows clubs to add a "Not for Competition" scoring division for Tier 1 matches only. This allows calibers smaller than 9mm, carry optics, and other pistols which do not fit into the 5 competition divisions to participate in local club matches.

All other IDPA equipment rules apply for holsters and loading device holders as well as their placement on the body. Match Directors also have the option to allow junior shooters with .22 rimfire firearms to begin strings at low ready in lieu of requiring a holster.

All IDPA membership rules apply.

Clubs are not required to implement this provision, and Match Directors are allowed discretion with implementation so that match quality remains high.

As far as I know, this has not come up at Somerset before so I have sent the question to the Match Director to see if he will allow it. If he says no, you will need to get hold of a 9x19 or larger.

Either way you'll still need a holster.

Tom has got back to me already - he says that it's no problem. If you can find a holster you're good to go.

Tom did ask that you contact him directly if you want/need to use sub-calibre psitols. His email address is on the web page below.

Just remember to register at http://www.somersetidpa.com/matches/. As of right now there are 13 places avalaible.

Thank you Mr Stu.

In all reality I own a P226 in 9mm and have all the gear but I have to wait for my p2p to arrive, it's locked up at the FFL. Hopefully by the next match I'll have my 9mm otherwise ill use the 380 with the above mentioned provisions.

I will contact Tom. Again thank you all.

Tom has got back to me already - he says that it's no problem. If you can find a holster you're good to go.

Tom did ask that you contact him directly if you want/need to use sub-calibre psitols. His email address is on the web page below.

Just remember to register at http://www.somersetidpa.com/matches/. As of right now there are 13 places avalaible.

Contacted Tom. Registered for the March match at SCFGPA.

Thank you Mr Stu and looking forward to meet you all.

Contacted Tom. Registered for the March match at SCFGPA. Thank you Mr Stu and looking forward to meet you all. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great!

You'll spot me easily enough - I'll be the British guy reading the stage descriptions and shooting an XD-45.