To quote our Match Director, there are three priorities:

Be safe

Have fun

Shoot well

...in that order.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

YEP!  That's just what he says, lol!

No. That spot of honor is reserved for revolver shooters. :nyam:

LOL, depends on who shows-up!  I shoot a wheelie (most of the time, when I'm not shooting factory Ball in CDP), and I've NEVER placed near the bottom!  I'm usually about in the middle, and on a good day I'm in the top 1/3!  So that's not so bad considering the top guys start with 11 rounds compared to my 6-gun, lol!

Dave...you already have a huge advantage. That Walker must leave holes three times the size of modern weapons, not to mention the charring along the edges ;)

Too funny!  One of these days I'll have to try it, only I'll WARN them first, so they can wet the targets BEFORE I start, lol!  Don't want to cause a FIRE, lol!

Got a chuckle out of this thread.

I shot one of Tom's IDPA matches about a year ago.  I'd been used to shooting USPSA, and as everyone knows, they are two very different gun games.  

I shot my first stage and ran up something like 13 procedural penalties.  Tom just looked at me, smiled as he shook his head and said something to the effect of "Yeah, that was a mess."  

They run a nice match.  One day I may try it again. 

Got a chuckle out of this thread.

I shot one of Tom's IDPA matches about a year ago.  I'd been used to shooting USPSA, and as everyone knows, they are two very different gun games.  

I shot my first stage and ran up something like 13 procedural penalties.  Tom just looked at me, smiled as he shook his head and said something to the effect of "Yeah, that was a mess."  

They run a nice match.  One day I may try it again. 

Too funny!  Only (13) Procedurals?  

FTE's, FTN's, shoot out of Tactical Priority, loaded mags on the floor, load out in the open, not "slicing the pie", shoot while runnin' out in the open?  Sounds like what I did when I first tried it, lol, but with (13) penalties, you would have scored better not firing a shot.....   It IS a completely different mind-set though, and even though you shoot less rounds, you have to "think" more!  At least that's what I find to be the difference between IDPA and USPSA.   One of these days maybe we'll get to shoot together again!  In the meantime, keep 'em in the "A" Zone!

Dave

Stu:

The registration page has not been cleared of the February info yet, so we can't register for the March match.

It is working for me too. You might need to hit F5 to refresh your browser.

I'll bite...what the hell is a Barney mag?

At the start of most stages you have to load to division capacity. This means as many as allowed by your division plus on in the chamber.

With a 1911 .45 in the CDP division this will mean 8+1. Your Barney mag holds the +1.

Procedure: insert mag with 1 round into gun and track the slide to chamber this round. Remove the now empty mag and replace with a full 8-round mag.

The mag with 1 round is known as a Barney mag as a tribute to Barney Fife who was only allowed 1 bullet for his gun.

If your capacity is 15, you still load the +1?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If your mag can hold 15 (as of this writing in NJ) you can put 11 in it and load and chamber one which gives you 10+1.

If your capacity is 15, you still load the +1?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It depends on the division you are shooting in.

SSP & ESP div capacity is 10 so to load 10+1, put 11 in your first mag and 10 in the rest.

CDP div capacity is 8. With my 13 round mags for my XD I load 9 in the first and 8 in the reloads on my belt. With a single stack you will almost always need to load a Barney round. The only exception I can think of is a 1911 where you are using 7 round mags but have an 8 rounder for your initial load.

SSR & ESR is 6 even if you have a 7 shot revolver

Is anyone going to SCFGPA tonight? I'm thinking of going to see what all the hullabaloo is about :-)

I'll be there and I know at least one other is too. There's usually between 4 and 6 of us turn up regularly. I'll be there a bit before 7.