siderman

Different look at pending 10 rd mag cap-make a list

Would've posted in the pending law section but for some reason cant. Lets put together a list of guns that currently have mags of 10+ but do not have any mags manufactured or are considered nearly impossible to find that are 10 rds or less. This proposed law limiting the mags will by default BAN  these guns unless the current 10+ mags are grandfathered. All my guns (fortunatly?) can comply but if you know of any that dont lets list them, it may come in handy later....

Jeez, I’d hate NJGF members already surrendering to this and throwing in the towel without even a fight. I’m sure it’s been referenced on the forum already but you need to look at the bill. I seen the link to the bill in the comments section of nj.com and those folks seem to be putting up more resistance than our fellow forum members and good for them. Anyhow if you are ready for 10 rounds you might want to plan for 5 rounds. As posted in the comment section of nj.com it says “it proposes limiting magazine capacity to FIVE” and he goes on to say look at page 6 lines 10 & 11 and the last two lines of the last page. Here’s the bill one more time and it looks like 5rds to me.

There's more than 1 bill on mag capacity's. Also heres all the bills http://amgoa.org/Proposed-New-Jersey-Gun-Laws

S993

Title: Reduces maximum capacity of ammunition magazines to 10 rounds.

Description: Reduces maximum capacity of ammunition magazines to 10 rounds.

Last Action: Introduced in the Senate, Referred to Senate Law and Public Safety Committee

Last Action Date: January 27, 2014

A2006

Title: Reduces maximum capacity of ammunition magazines to 10 rounds.

Description: Reduces maximum capacity of ammunition magazines to 10 rounds.

Last Action: Introduced, Referred to Assembly Law and Public Safety Committee

Last Action Date: January 16, 2014

A671

Title: Reduces lawful maximum capacity of certain ammunition magazines in New Jersey to 5rds.

Description: Reduces lawful maximum capacity of certain ammunition magazines in New Jersey.

A675

Title: Strengthens State's assault weapons ban. Reduces Mags to 7rds

Description: Strengthens State's assault weapons ban.

S600

Title: Reduces lawful maximum capacity of certain ammunition magazines in New Jersey.

Description: Reduces lawful maximum capacity of certain ammunition magazines in New Jersey.

Last Action: Introduced in the Senate, Referred to Senate Law and Public Safety Committee

Last Action Date: January 14, 2014

Its somewhere, I am not gonna go dig thru all these forums. It was recently discussed in the past weeks or so

I'll look for it but maybe its in a section I dont have access to, just dont remember seeing that conversation. The gist of what I was getting at was about not being able to ban guns in common use or however that law(?) goes. Didnt realize I was treading into dangerous and forbidden topics.

Jeez, I’d hate NJGF members already surrendering to this and throwing in the towel without even a fight. I’m sure it’s been referenced on the forum already but you need to look at the bill. I seen the link to the bill in the comments section of nj.com and those folks seem to be putting up more resistance than our fellow forum members and good for them. Anyhow if you are ready for 10 rounds you might want to plan for 5 rounds. As posted in the comment section of nj.com it says “it proposes limiting magazine capacity to FIVE” and he goes on to say look at page 6 lines 10 & 11 and the last two lines of the last page. Here’s the bill one more time and it looks like 5rds to me.

No one here is giving up a fight . I am constantly pushing people to go vote ! Letting people know why the law makers are sucking us dry by wasting time and money on no scene laws that do nothing. And I explain some of the laws we have now and how frigging stupid most are . And after they realize how moronic the laws are, I follow with " And we keep voting them back in" . 

To me letters and emails do not work. Send them to the unemployment line .  

agree!

No one here is giving up a fight . I am constantly pushing people to go vote ! Letting people know why the law makers are sucking us dry by wasting time and money on no scene laws that do nothing. And I explain some of the laws we have now and how frigging stupid most are . And after they realize how moronic the laws are, I follow with " And we keep voting them back in" . 

To me letters and emails do not work. Send them to the unemployment line .  

Not just this thread but it became obvious last summer from several other post on these boards some folks have already thrown in the towel.  If you haven’t surrendered good for you. If you want to hang this mess on voting why do you think these A-holes keep getting voted back in? That’s easy NJ has high number of state, county and local government workers who have been brainwashed into voting for the Dems.  In addition to those groups you could add teachers, cops, fireman and probably any other unionized labor.  NJ Dems also play the redistribution of wealth game like their Washington counterparts so that works for them as well. The Dems have targeted guns because it sounds great to the uninformed voter. NJ Dems currently in power aren’t capable of producing any legislation that would actually benefit the NJ economy so that is why they do this.  Current NJ Dems entire mission in life is to get elected, gain power and get re-elected.  End of Story

this thread already exists and was recommended not to create a list, because it would create a similiar situation as California

Ogfarmer, 

This is excellent advice and I STRONGLY advise anyone who thinks making a list and handing it over to those who seek to destroy us to re-think this move.  Think about the ramifications this would have for us all in the future. 

Does everyone remember the hearings held last year?  At least two of the speakers who co-sponsored onerous bills openly admitted (when pressed) that they did not know the steps in the process of purchasing a gun.  Not only that, they were not aware of many aspects of acquisition, ownership, etc.  Lets not give them any more information to use against us!

And let's not forget that the chairman of the committee (a CCW licensee) stated something to the effect that it took upwards of 30 seconds to change a mag. They're all ignorant.

I think that statement was just premature--once they institute a bullet-button law requiring a Japanese-puzzle-box-like procedure for extracting a magazine, it will take upwards of 10 minutes to change a mag.