cigarsnscotch

NJ.com article, Gun Girl: 9 yr old Competitive Shooter testified against mag limit

Didn't see this already posted after searching but if it was I apologize.  

http://www.nj.com/south/index.ssf/2014/03/bill_limiting_gun_magazine_rounds_frustrates_9-year-old_competitive_shooter.html

Anyone know how it went?  She was supposed to testify on Monday, Feb. 27th on the mag limit bill.  Not sure why the article was written or posted March 2nd.

Thought I'd share.  It's awesome to see her so involved and doing so well.

I've met both Shyanne and her Dad Dan Roberts.  She has quite a lot of Sponsors, her own fb page, etc.  Really nice and down-to-earth folks.  They were in the studio doing a taping for GFH Radio and Anthony said he would have his man Jimmy build her a AR-15 to her specs!  So Anthony is now a Sponsor for her too!

I can't wait for her to get to the mike and inform the Politicians how a mag ban will affect her chances in the Sport!

That article really hits me in a soft spot and I'm not talking commercially. My little girl is 19 months old next week and I've been putting together her little collection of guns that I will teach her to shoot with as she grows older. Right now, we're working on basic firearm anatomy with me asking her where a part is and her pointing at it. The end goal being once she can identify parts, we talk about what they do, and ultimately drive an understanding of why she needs to respect firearms and always be safe with them. Anyway, it crushes me to think that if she picks up the sport and becomes proficient, that some asinine, pointless, and completely ineffective piece of garbage masquerading as legislation could hinder or ruin her ability to enjoy it.

That article really hits me in a soft spot and I'm not talking commercially. My little girl is 19 months old next week and I've been putting together her little collection of guns that I will teach her to shoot with as she grows older. Right now, we're working on basic firearm anatomy with me asking her where a part is and her pointing at it. The end goal being once she can identify parts, we talk about what they do, and ultimately drive an understanding of why she needs to respect firearms and always be safe with them. Anyway, it crushes me to think that if she picks up the sport and becomes proficient, that some asinine, pointless, and completely ineffective piece of garbage masquerading as legislation could hinder or ruin her ability to enjoy it.

+1. Though I haven't exposed my 3yo to it yet.

I can't wait for her to get to the mike and inform the Politicians how a mag ban will affect her chances in the Sport!

People like Bryan Miller and Sweeney don't care. Sweeney is already saying sick people put guns in 8 year olds' hands. 

Dan was interviewed by ABC for their segment called Young Guns. Of course they didn't run his interview because is was favorable and didn't project the image they wanted to present on gun owners.

I have four kids, the 3 youngest girls. I love taking my 13 y/o twins shooting. I always tell people that I am training them so they won't have to rely on a restraining order for protection. My youngest at 8 has two more years before I start her. I almost have all I need to send my kids out into the real world when they are ready. A 10/22, a G19/G27/G26, an AR or KelTec Sub2k, a pump shotgun, a Bible and a Compass. They will always have protection and direction. What else can a father do?

People like Bryan Miller and Sweeney don't care. Sweeney is already saying sick people put guns in 8 year olds' hands.

Then my daughter's a home-grown terrorist as she comes running when I have an AR out and LOVES the parts lessons. She jumps up and down as we go through the parts. I'll ask her, "Emma, where's the grip?" and she'll point to the grip with a big smile, knowing she's about to get praised. She's not even two yet.

Additional article with video link:  http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/14/watch-the-amazing-pro-gun-speech-given-by-a-9-year-old-that-ended-in-roaring-applause/

She went ~6 minutes 30 seconds.  So much for the 60 seconds allowed by the chair.  Ha, ha, ha!