Sign in to follow this  
Displaced Texan

To sell or not to sell an AR

Thinking of selling one of my Colt AR's to (partially) fund a Colt 901 Modular Carbine. I'm a bit on the fence about it, as I regretted the last gun I sold.

It won't leave me 'AR-less' by any stretch of the imagination.

Have any if you guys sold an AR to fund another?

Never.  They multiply all be themselves if left in the safe together too long!  Been thinking about a 901 but for now headed in a different direction again.  Looking a get a AR "Thumper".

Whatcha got ill be at the range next sunday. Ive been following the le 901 on gbroker. 901 with conversion went off last week for about 1800. I follow guns like the stock market. You have to be patient then Strike seconds before. But you save hundreds. Jeff. Next time i see you. You gotta see the colt usmc 1911 pistol i got. Colt allthe way.

Nope. I got one bare bones one to remind me of my time with an M16 in NAM. If the SHTF, I plan on using it to take a better one from one of those YouTube kids with tricked out AR's and no training. Let them spend the money. :)

I'm pretty well convinced in going to sell this AR. It's a pretty simple Colt 6920 with some upgrades.

I can always buy a new upper and swap it onto another lower if I miss that particular configuration.

The 901 makes sense for my usage, I like the idea of having a 7.62 AR, with the ability to change out the upper to 5.56. Put the 901 and a 5.56mm upper in a Pelican case and I'm able to deal with anything out at the ranch without taking 2 rifles with me. Less gear to travel with.

Ed, I'd be very interested in seeing that Colt 1911. Been awhile since I have owned a nice 1911, and I kind of miss them.

Traveling this week, wife has plans for me on Saturday, but may be able to slip in some range time Sunday morning.

If it's a duplicate or easily replaceable without sentimental value, it's just another gun to me. I'll sell a rifle if it's a duplicate of one I already have or fills the same role as another rifle, to fund the purchase of something unique any day of the week.