njpilot

Green Beret Slams Jesse Ventura

Beautiful. Calls out this P.O.S. for suing Taya Kyle over Chris Kyle's book.

What a low-life Ventura is.

Great article by Bryan Sikes:

http://clashdaily.com/2014/07/green-beret-slams-jesse-ventura-youre-dirtbag-imposter-never-f-k-fellow-operators-family/

GREEN BERET SLAMS JESSE VENTURA: “You’re A Dirtbag Imposter; NEVER F–K With A Fellow Operator’s Family”

Posted on July 8, 2014

By Bryan Sikes, SFC, USA

Clash Daily Guest Columnist

I’m officially calling you out Jesse Ventura, you dirtbag imposter. Let it be known to all that take a minute to read this: if you cannot undeniably prove you were once a SOF guy or a SEAL, it’s because you never were one. I don’t know how it would be possible to be a former/current SOF operator and not have irrefutable proof. The fact that this claim still remains a topic of debate has led me and many others to believe you never were a SEAL.

Jesse, for your own information, just because you may have met an operator in passing or one that allowed you the privilege of shaking their hand, doesn’t make you one. Chasing an alien through the jungle in a movie doesn’t make you one either. But hey, if I’m wrong, then prove it tough guy. Being “sort of” a SEAL doesn’t make you a SEAL. Leading people to believe that you killed people during interviews doesn’t mean you actually killed people either.

Let’s assume for a moment that you actually had the intestinal fortitude to successfully complete any sort of selection course to become an operator; you egregiously violated rule number 1 in Special Operations…You NEVER f*#k with a fellow operator’s family. For those that don’t know, Jesse Ventura is suing Taya Kyle, wife of Chris Kyle and author of the book, American Sniper. Chris Kyle, a man respected by all of SOF, was murdered in 2013 at a gun range and Ventura is suing his wife for…get this…defamation of character? That’s laughable.

I thought you had to have some substance of character to be defamed in the first place?

You’re a joke, plain and simple.

You claim to be a former operator but you are more than willing to violate a sacred rule and sue the wife of one? That’s real badass of you, I’m sure you’ve got a lot of operator friends in your corner on this one. I’ll be the first to tell you, your job offers didn’t dry up as a result of claims made in Kyle’s book about you being punched in the face for running your mouth. They dried up because you’re a washed up loser that has nothing to offer. Worst yet, you’re not even a “has been”, you’re a “never was.” Go back to reporting about conspiracy theories on cable access and late night AM radio.

I know how important it is for you to have your “good name” cleared…..right? You did say in an interview about this pending lawsuit, “It’s not about the money; it’s about clearing my name. It’s a lie.” Well, in the unlikely event you actually win this lawsuit, and it isn’t about the money, I‘d expect you to keep to your word and donate any monetary settlement to the Special Operations Wounded Warrior Foundation or something similar.

In closing, Jesse, I do apologize to you in advance for not writing this in crayon or having pictures for you to follow along with, but maybe you can have your lawyer read it to you. Lastly, you don’t look like a traitor to the military because of Kyle’s claims; you’re a Traitor for going after an operator’s family.

-Bryan Sikes, SFC, USA

Read more at http://clashdaily.com/2014/07/green-beret-slams-jesse-ventura-youre-dirtbag-imposter-never-f-k-fellow-operators-family/#i3MJU46iI2EwUYVD.99

I feel this is the appropriate time for this plug.  American Sniper, if anyone hasn't read it, is an awesome book.  I'm sure quite a few people have read Lone Survivor due to the movie recently being released.  Lone Survivor was a good book, however I feel that American Sniper was much better.  Also, if you haven't read Lone Survivor, but you saw the movie...read the book.  The movie missed out on so many background details that the book covered.

OMG WTF SOAS (s**t on a shingle).

Does anyone know if this stuff is true? Who's right? This guy seems like B.S. to me.

Shipley is very hardcore about "stolen valor", If he says it's true, I believe him Check out his channel on you tube.

He's not just calling him out on, possibly, not being a SEAL, but on the fact that he's suing the widow of a murdered SEAL.

Yes, but JV was UDT and seals grew out from that.   The fact that this guy is bringing it up and making a big deal of it, distracts from the point that JV is a dirtbag for suing Chris Kyle's wife.

In his book, Kyle wrote that he was attending a wake for a SEAL who had died in Iraq when Ventura, who was formerly with a demolition team connected to the SEALS, was also at the bar. He wrote that Ventura made derogatory remarks about then-President George Bush and U.S. policy in Iraq and said SEALs “deserved to lose a few.”

[Ventura's lawyer] said that while Ventura was at the bar near San Diego in 2006, “There was no confrontation, and Chris Kyle made this story up.”

---

This article is a good summary: http://www.startribune.com/local/266230451.html

Of note, Ventura filed the suit against Kyle in 2012. Kyle was killed in 2013, and Ventura continued the suit against Kyle’s estate – whose executor is Kyle’s spouse. It’s misleading to say he's “suing Kyle’s wife." If Kyle's spouse appoints a new executor, the suit would continue against the estate but name that individual instead. It’s a small but crucial legal distinction. That said, "Ex-governor suing murdered SEAL's widow" makes much more outrage-inspiring headlines than "Jury seated in two year old defamation lawsuit over eight year old altercation."

If Ventura did make those comments and the bar fight happened as described, Ventura deserves what he got.

It's possible that, a bunch of soldiers drinking after a wake, someone else was drunk and misinterpreted what Ventura said – which also would not be the first time bar fight started over a misunderstanding.

It's also possible that Kyle incorrectly identified Ventura – the fight happened, but Ventura was not the man in the bar slandering the military, and Ventura never said what Kyle attributed to him. Again, bar, drinking, bar fight. 

No matter which blend reflects most accurately the truth  I don't see any good resolution.

It’s misleading to say he's “suing Kyle’s wife.

How so?   Kyle's entire estate goes to his wife unless otherwise directed in a will, therefore JV is suing the current property holder, I.E. Kyle wife.   If he was a man about it, he'd let the case go after Chris Kyle was murdered.   Who is he seeking to punish now or is it just naked greed?

How so?   Kyle's entire estate goes to his wife unless otherwise directed in a will, therefore JV is suing the current property holder, I.E. Kyle wife.   If he was a man about it, he'd let the case go after Chris Kyle was murdered.   Who is he seeking to punish now or is it just naked greed?

Think about it this way, it is your name in Kyle's book and you either didn't say those things or weren't even there. What would you do? 

We don't know what happened but I know if it was my name in his book and he falsely attributed that sh*t to me I would do everything I could to prove that it is bullshit. Kyle's claim that Ventura said the seals "deserve to lose a few" is very damaging to Ventura and would be to anyone in a similar position. It could easily be defamation of character/libel and the fact that Kyle died does not negate the lawsuit. Nor does it negate the fact that Kyle's estate has to have proof that those claims in the book are true. 

I think even if what Kyle said was untrue or a misunderstanding JV has hurt his reputation more by continuing this suit than the original statement ever would have. More people have now seen what was said then the people that have read the book. JV also has a reputation as being a little off anyway with his politics and his conspiracy theory show. If he let sleeping dogs lie it would have been best

How so? Kyle's entire estate goes to his wife unless otherwise directed in a will, therefore JV is suing the current property holder, I.E. Kyle wife. If he was a man about it, he'd let the case go after Chris Kyle was murdered. Who is he seeking to punish now or is it just naked greed?

Exactly.

And JV is considered a public person. It may not be right, but in this country, it is very, very difficult to sue for defamation if you're a public person.

He most likely won't win this case, but he's still pursuing it, going after a widow is is dealing with enough in losing her husband.

He's a P.O.S. and as Vlad said, hopefully there's a bus in his future.

I kinda like JV... Especially his antics. But if it did say it in the book and was untrue or defamitory, his wife will still get the residuals. If it were me, would I do it? Prob not. But you really don't know what has transpired over the years between him and Kyle. Could be a big rivalry all these years and the book set him off. Who knows. Just because you are an operator doesn't mean you can or can't be a total arsehole.

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

If he was a man about it, he'd let the case go

I pretty much agree - which is why this case is interesting. Either Ventura is a scumbag.... possible. Or, he was genuinely wronged, but he believes dropping the lawsuit will be interpreted as an admission of guilt... also possible.

Neither is good.

As the old wisdom goes: "Protect your friends, but don't pick sides in a barfight."

Translation:

You have a group of people who feel they have earned the right to run their mouths running their mouths and getting pissed off at people who run their mouths cause they have no right to run their mouths. 

I remember when secret squirrels were secret. Can you all please STFU now instead of turning it all into a testosterone fueled tele-novella FFS? I'm not exactly being impressed by the behavior of anyone involved at this point. 

JV was a UDT diver.  He was given the option of going to BUD/S but declined the offer.  SEALs came out of UDT, so you decide if he was a SEAL or not.

Either way, JV is a big fat douche bag.  But that's just my opinion and I could be wrong.

I find it hard to believe that any SEAL would sue the wife/estate of another SEAL. 

It always amazes me the lengths that douche bags will go just to try to prove that they are still relevant.  Let it go...

Translation:

You have a group of people who feel they have earned the right to run their mouths running their mouths and getting pissed off at people who run their mouths cause they have no right to run their mouths. 

I remember when secret squirrels were secret. Can you all please STFU now instead of turning it all into a testosterone fueled tele-novella FFS? I'm not exactly being impressed by the behavior of anyone involved at this point. 

There's def a whole lot of :girlwah: 

and :deadhorse:

:facepalm:

JV was a UDT diver. He was given the option of going to BUD/S but declined the offer. SEALs came out of UDT, so you decide if he was a SEAL or not.

Either way, JV is a big fat douche bag. But that's just my opinion and I could be wrong.

I find it hard to believe that any SEAL would sue the wife/estate of another SEAL.

It always amazes me the lengths that douche bags will go just to try to prove that they are still relevant. Let it go...

By your logic, on the flip side of the coin, one seal should not defame another, no?

There is no honor in either.

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

Think about it this way, it is your name in Kyle's book and you either didn't say those things or weren't even there. What would you do? 

We don't know what happened but I know if it was my name in his book and he falsely attributed that sh*t to me I would do everything I could to prove that it is bullshit. Kyle's claim that Ventura said the seals "deserve to lose a few" is very damaging to Ventura and would be to anyone in a similar position. It could easily be defamation of character/libel and the fact that Kyle died does not negate the lawsuit. Nor does it negate the fact that Kyle's estate has to have proof that those claims in the book are true. 

ill have to read it again, but i don't think his name is actually in the book.  i think chris kyle said on the radio it was jesse ventura but he was vague in the book

ill have to read it again, but i don't think his name is actually in the book.  i think chris kyle said on the radio it was jesse ventura but he was vague in the book

I haven't read the book, but heard that Ventura's name was not mentioned in the book, but by the description, it was pretty easy to tell who Kyle was talking about.

Sounds like a B.S. scenario through and through. The incident, the lawsuit, everything.

People are not as honorable or noble as they used to be. The American character has declined, from the top down. Look at our last three presidents. I would not be surprised if either, or both of the figures in this suit were lying through their teeth: Seal or no Seal, veteran or no veteran, comrade or no comrade. 

I don't know the guy who was unfortunately shot. Don't know anything about him. I have listened to Jesse many times. He makes a lot of sense. Fortunately or not he flirts with a fringe element of conservatism that, years ago, was much more mainstream. You guys ever hear of Ron Paul? John Birch Society? Before Goldwater's "bomb them into the stone age" comment the Republican party was non-interventionist. The only member of Congress who voted against WWII was a lady, a Republican. She was also one of forty or so who voted against entering WWI. She was a pacifist! 

People are not as honorable or noble as they used to be. The American character has declined, from the top down. Look at our last three presidents. I would not be surprised if either, or both of the figures in this suit were lying through their teeth: Seal or no Seal, veteran or no veteran, comrade or no comrade. 

Were they ever that honorable or noble? Ceasar was murdered with the help of his best friend. Thomas Jefferson cheated on his wife with slaves. J.Edgar Hoover blackmailed 90% of Washington's elite. It may seem people are less honorable these days because it is so much harder to hide it. Information travels at the speed of light and never seems to die.