notmetoo

Proud dad in San Antonio

I like bragging about my kids.

My daughter just completed her training pipeline as an Air Force Farsi and Dari linguist and starts at her first permanent duty station in a couple of weeks. She's home on leave right now.

My son is graduating from USAF Pararescue Jumper indoc in two hours at Medina Annex, Lackland AFB. He has nearly two years of pipeline to go, all of it sounds pretty cool. And almost as tough as indoc.

God has graced me with two fantastic offspring!

That being said, where are the good gun shops in San Antonio? So far all I've found are a couple of dives. MIssed the monthly gun show (first weekend of the month), bummer.

Congrats, you should be proud.

As the son of two Air Force veterans, they urged me to stay civilian, join the corporate world, but I have much respect for those who serve.

That being said, had I known about the PJ's as I was growing up... my life would be very different right now. Props to your son!

Thanks everyone for the great words, it's very much appreciated. Michael2013 - congratulations to your son, that's a huge achievement. Not a lot of officer slots available right now. I came in through OTS myself, 27 years ago, when it was at Medina Annex here in San Antonio. Coincidentally, the same place they do PJ indoc now.

Andy, are you down here in San Antonio? Try Nardi's off of route 10 at W.W. White Road on the southwest side about 20 minutes from Lackland. Great shop, awesome indoor range. Also Alamo Tactical on the northwest side. Great people. My office is on the Kelly AFB side of Lackland. Your kids sound awesome, congrats.