Bully

So, Your Buddy Just Won The Lottery...

(***Note*** Keep this to handguns only, please)

So, your buddy just won the lottery. As a thank you for being a great friend, he has offered to buy you your dream handgun. He's also VERY well connected and has made it possible for you to obtain Class III/NFA stamped items, so the sky truly is the limit on this. He has not given you a budget, the money is there for you.

What would you buy and why?

Something timeless and collectible like a war bring back Luger or 1911?

Something truly collectible like Jesse James' Colt?

Something crazy/quirky like a Whitney Wolverine?

Something SUPER MALL NINJA like a suppressed Glock 18?

Why would you want THAT particular handgun?

C

Whatever I can sell for most money once he moves to Idaho or Maui, or where ever he moves with his new found money, because spending ludicrous amounts of money on a handgun is foolish in my opinion.  They are tools.

Or appreciating investments

really expensive handguns don't totally appeal to me.  at least nothing so astronomically priced i can't afford them myself.  for me it would just be something like a wilson combat 9mm 1911 (hackathorn special maybe) or possibly something like a boresight solutions glock with a RMR milled slide

I'm not picky and I don't believe in safe queens, so my pick is a 2011 with iron sights in 9mm for the win! With a SP-01 from the custom shop a close 2nd. Plus if my buddy won the lottery I would still get to use his new toys.

John Dillinger's Full auto .38super 1911. I picked it because its collectable because of its history and its awesome because its full auto. Best of both worlds. And yes I would shoot it

I woulda swore you'd want a 649...

C

Boberg XR9 with 20 extra magazines , because I've wanted one since the first time I read about them in handgunner. Just a cool little pocket pistol with some balls behind it. I would probably have it sent out for some custom engraving if money wasn't an option as well.

Same situation for long guns and I could get class III NFA. It would be an AA12. Because, who doesn't want an AA12?

A good friend would pay for you to move to a new residence in a free state so the two of you could shoot together