302w

Truck pulling while braking?

Has anyone ever heard of a car/truck pulling to one direction while at highway speeds only?

It seemed like my trusty F150 was nosediving a bit and pulling right while lightly braking on 80. Limped it home, and I was flooring the brake doing 40 to test it and nothing seemed amiss then. Very strange.

The truck had new pads/rotors and drums/shoes put in maybe 20k ago. The calipers have the old style pins that you drive out with a punch.

The truck turns 22 this week, so I'm not grumpy about it. I will go over my brakes this weekend, but I find it odd it stopped fine off highway..

I'm guessing that one caliper pin, opposite side of the direction of pull, is frozen.

On light braking, only half the pad on the bad caliper will solidly engage and the vehicle will pull towards the wheel with full braking.  On a hard brake, both pads on both calipers will engage and it will stop evenly.  

On an Jeep I used to have this would happen sometimes and it was a stuck piston in one front caliper causing the brake to jam on. Until it got hot it would brake in a straight line but after the heat had built up from driving at speed that side suffered huge brake fade so the Jeep pulled to the opposite side under breaking.

Has anyone ever heard of a car/truck pulling to one direction while at highway speeds only?

It seemed like my trusty F150 was nosediving a bit and pulling right while lightly braking on 80. Limped it home, and I was flooring the brake doing 40 to test it and nothing seemed amiss then. Very strange.

The truck had new pads/rotors and drums/shoes put in maybe 20k ago. The calipers have the old style pins that you drive out with a punch.

The truck turns 22 this week, so I'm not grumpy about it. I will go over my brakes this weekend, but I find it odd it stopped fine off highway..

couple possibilities. nose diving usually tells that something's wrong in the front. you could have either a seized caliper on the opposite side of the pull(causing the other one to do most of the work), or a blocked brake hose.

but i got a question for ya. when it pulls, what does the steering wheel do? does it move in direction of pull? or does it stay the same? or does it move opposite the pull?