MMMMM!!!  BEEER!!!  

NJ has a number of breweries where beer can be thoroughly enjoyed.  This is about NJ Breweries, offerings, and opinions. 

Cape May Brewery, Located a few minutes off GSP Exit 4, open 12-8 every day. They have over 10 different selections.  A few IPA's, some pale ale's and my favorite - Honey Porter (sadly they are out of this at the moment)  They also brew their own root beer (alcohol free and very good).  Definitely worth the trip but very busy on the weekends. 

Tuckahoe Brewery is currently in Dennis Twp, off exit 18 of the GSP (They are moving to Egg Harbor Twp soon).  They are only open Friday evening and Saturday afternoon.  They offer a few brews of decent quality, sometimes a coffee stout that sells out quickly.  If you are in the area it's worth checking out, personally I wouldn't go way out of my way for their current offerings. 

Glasstown Brewery is in the Millville Airport complex.  Open Thursday through Sunday, they have about 10 different selections; some IPA's and Pale Ale's, sometimes a good stout.  This place is very good and worth the trip.  Some Saturdays there is a BBQ outside (Not associated with the brewery) that offers some good food. 

My wife and I are planning a brewery tour in fall or early winter.  Maybe a NJGF brew tour........ 

I'm up in central Jersey so I've explored Long Valley Brew Pub, Krogh's, Carton, Kane, Little Dog, Beach Haus, and both Triumph locations. Every time I am in an area of NJ I usually check the brewery map to see what's around.

All of them were good but Little Dog, although the smallest operation, had the best beer IMO. Their Steinerweiss is a semi-sour traditional wheat that was unfiltered (all of LD's brews are) and had a wonderful refreshing summer taste. It blew me away it was so good. And the Tipsy Tar is a oak barrel aged version of their regular coffee stout, which had unbelievable flavors. I love stouts but I know they are a love/hate sort of brew.

Next up would probably be Krogh's. It has such a comfortable atmosphere with live bands on weekends and the food is excellent. I work construction so I have an appreciation of the design and woodwork that the whole place is made of, it's unique and very cool. Their beer flights are usually 6-8 beers and they are handmade and are designed similar to a paint pallet. They usually have a lot of available which is great for tasting and then choosing a pint.

The others are good but those are my favorite. Triumphs got a cool set up at their New Hope location. Good brews and a pool table and dart board wth love music.

Flying Fish in SNJ (Somerdale).  I like their Exit Series (e.g. Exit 1 Oyster Stout) and they have a nice tasting room.  Nice people, worth the trip.

Cricket Hill Brewery in NNJ (Fairfield).  Divey in a good way.  Good selection of beer but it's just okay (no really big or remarkable beers as I recall).  Hopnotic IPA I think is their most popular.  I shoot trap at North Jersey Target Clay Club and then come here afterwards sometimes getting a takeout burger at nearby 25 Burgers to go with my beer.  That is a good day.

Not NJ, but a little ways across the river is Weyerbacher in Easton, PA.  I have a taste for their Blithering Idiot and Insanity.  Again, I hit this place after going to EFGA or Heritage guild.  That is also a good day.

There's also Magnify in Fairfield and Ramstein (High Point) in Butler that I need to check out.  Think I might call in sick tomorrow.

Angry Erik's in Lafayette is very good just outside Newton/Sparta. I often head there to fill a growler.

http://www.angryerik.com/

I live 5 minutes from Kroghs also decent. I'm just bored of their beers. And it's impossible to park anywhere in Lake Mohawk. Better beers/food over at Mohawk House IMO, and parking.

There's a NJ beer only BrewFest Nov 7th at Waterloo Village in Byram twp. btw.

Beer, BBQ, and Bacon. Is what it's called. Hasn't been a BrewFest at Waterloo for about ten years.

http://www.ticketfly.com/event/905227-beer-bbq-bacon-showdown-stanhope/

I hate to detour these discussions but last Saturday I made beer for the second time in my life. Neighbor runs an incredible Oktoberfest every Oktober and the home made beer is the best. Home made spaetzle, sauerbraten, pretzels. OMG. 

How about a NJ Gun & Beer Forum (leave the guns or alcohol at home please)??

I hate to detour these discussions but last Saturday I made beer for the second time in my life. Neighbor runs an incredible Oktoberfest every Oktober and the home made beer is the best. Home made spaetzle, sauerbraten, pretzels. OMG.

How about a NJ Gun & Beer Forum (leave the guns or alcohol at home please)??

My wife and I used to brew our own all the time. Some came out fantastic, some was pickle brine. It was a lot of fun. Really haven't done it since our daughter was born.

There used to be a really cool home brew store in Trenton.

Beer is kinda a PITA. For awhile, I was making ciders and a few other wine things.

If you do it right it's easy but that requires some investment. I keg everything.. if I bottle anything for gifts, I do it from the keg with a bottle filler. I don't use sugar to carbonate..I use CO2 which is way more controlled and consistent.

Kegging is usually the way to go, but it won't work for a hefeweizen. I haven't brewed in a couple years but I do have at least 1000 gallons under my belt (both literally and figuratively).

Midwest is good for supplies, Northern Brewer and Morebeer are even better.

My screen name starter out on Northern Brewer's forum, I used to run group buys for grain on that site.

I highly recommend Weyerbacher in Easton, great beers and good people. It doesn't hurt that they're right around the corner from Heritage Guild, shoot first, then drink.

Kegging is usually the way to go, but it won't work for a hefeweizen.

Yeah I have only brewed a few hefe's. I am not a huge fan..anyway I would tun the keg upside down for a couple seconds to et the yeast to get back into the beer.. It was a pita though..bottling would have been better I am just too lazy.