Recon Racoon

Brownells not shipping mags and grip extensions?

So I ordered a magazine and three grip extensions from brownells. 10 round mag, +2 extensions. Get an email on Monday saying they won't ship them to me because they're considered high cap magazines. I sent an email to who ever handles these things on Monday but haven't heard back from them yet, nor have I gotten a shipping confirmation for my items. Is there anything I can say to prove to them I can have them in Nj? Or am I screwed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

So I ordered a magazine and three grip extensions from brownells. 10 round mag, +2 extensions. Get an email on Monday saying they won't ship them to me because they're considered high cap magazines. I sent an email to who ever handles these things on Monday but haven't heard back from them yet, nor have I gotten a shipping confirmation for my items. Is there anything I can say to prove to them I can have them in Nj? Or am I screwed?

Check your PMs

Why not try the telephone and have a real conversation with a real person ?

That's next. I really hate talking on the phone, especially for customer service reasons because I can't deal with attitudes. But if I don't get a response, I'll give their Customer service department a call and see if I can get anywhere and if not I'll just cancel my order. Probably take my business elsewhere too.

Give it a couple days. I also get emails for "illegal stuff". The emails are automatically sent, then it goes to another department for the approval. Why they do that I do not know.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

That's odd. A few months ago I bought a few 15 round Glock 19 pmags no sweat. I would call them.

This occurred a few weeks ago. I order from Brownells regularly.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

That's next. I really hate talking on the phone, especially for customer service reasons because I can't deal with attitudes. But if I don't get a response, I'll give their Customer service department a call and see if I can get anywhere and if not I'll just cancel my order. Probably take my business elsewhere too.

Honestly, I think Brownells is the last place you'll get attitude.  Their new building is a mile down the road from my shop and I have yet to meet someone there who is less than pleasant.  I've also called in to their CS lines before because I needed to clear some things up that didn't require an in-person visit and every single person I've talked to on the phone has been a delight.

• Like 1

Honestly, I think Brownells is the last place you'll get attitude.  Their new building is a mile down the road from my shop and I have yet to meet someone there who is less than pleasant.  I've also called in to their CS lines before because I needed to clear some things up that didn't require an in-person visit and every single person I've talked to on the phone has been a delight.

I concur. 

The received the following email after I ordered 30 round magazines. 

SUBJECT: IMPORTANT: Regarding Your Brownells Confirmation # 57759053

TO: [email protected]

Your order (Brownells confirmation #57759053) contains an item that is restricted in your area. Your complete order will be put on hold until the proper documents have been received. One of the following documents must be on file with us:

A) Large Capacity Magazine Permit issued by your State

B) If you are a police officer, your order must be submitted on Department letterhead stating that they will receive and validate your ID for the transport of high capacity magazines. The magazines must be shipped to the Department. The letterhead must be signed by your Superior Officer for each order.

Either document can be faxed or mailed.

If your document is not received within two weeks of the order being placed, your restricted item will be cancelled, unless we, the Gun Department, are contacted during this time.

Please fax the documentation to 800-264-3068 or email to [email protected].

Sincerely,

The Gang at Brownells