Lambo2936

Anyone have a CCW Permit on here??

LMAO you guy's are hilarious. This got buried and i didn't see the newer responses.
As much as i would like to hire a lawyer and fight to get a CCW, we'd be talking thousands of dollars that i simply don't have; i don't make much working there, i only do it to help my father.

Yeah, Clinton liquors is one of the tenants. Its a small world, i guess. What do you do?? Maybe i'll see you around!!! hahaha
Was there last month during the one shooting, which is why i'm thinking of tackling this CCW BS...
Was a few feet away from catching a bullet, NO THANKS. I have pictures i put on facebook of the incident for proof, too... LOL. Ended up getting stuck there because the police response was so large, i couldn't get my truck out for a good 30 minutes.

Was digging deeper, too, and apparently the Psych evaluations cost a ton and the training requires both day and night time shooting with 800+ rounds of ammo? Anyone know if these are true? Seem's like i'll be spending a few thousand dollars just to be denied.

Was digging deeper, too, and apparently the Psych evaluations cost a ton and the training requires both day and night time shooting with 800+ rounds of ammo? Anyone know if these are true? Seem's like i'll be spending a few thousand dollars just to be denied.

But spending thousands on a rifle makes sense? I'm not one to comment on others spending, so I guess everyone has their priorities.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

But spending thousands on a rifle makes sense? I'm not one to comment on others spending, so I guess everyone has their priorities.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Yes, but if you spend thousands on a rifle, you're nearly certain to actually get the rifle.

• Like 2

LMAO.....also, I spent over 20yrs working in Newark......that's nothing on Clinton Ave....try some of the really bad neighborhoods like the old Belmont Ave section / Irvine Turner Blvd. or up on the hill......these are every day occurances folks that never make it in a Newspaper. I could fill volumes of what I've witnessed there in the 20+ years.....why I had a dog in the  office and was always armed our property......Always.

oh ya when Norfolk turns to Turner, you have gone too far. Learned that Friday.

I do insurance, and most of our business is outa Newark. A lot of the new buildings and development in this general area comes from some of our insurered so I'm usually in the area taking pictures, or dropping off bonds/paperwork. Anyway the news is crying gun control today. News12 is really pushing the anti agenda but what else is to be expected.

Gotcha lol.

The most expensive rifle i have was about 1200$ from Heritage Guild (Should have bought one second hand, but that's besides the point), and as stated, i was fairly sure that when i paid the 1200$, i'd receive the rifle. On the other hand, spending thousands of dollars for a 1 in 100,000 or so shot (not a statistical number, but it's probably close haha) isn't something i'd really like to gamble on, with having a child and all.

NJ Law's suck, so its a huge grey area; if i just worked in my own office that was legally my business (I had a lease, rent agreement, whatever) it wouldn't be an issue, i'd just carry on me when i was there. The problem is, i technically neither own the property nor do i rent any of the units. I Don't think its legal for me to carry at a construction site.. haha

Not sure what rifle i bought for thousands... lol
I Won a lawsuit for a fair amount of money from a roofer who fucked up a job at said property (roof still leaks just as much if not more); maybe if he pay's i'll have enough to get an attorney involved and sue the state if i get denied. Until i know i have the money to apply and then appeal in court when i am denied, i'm not really in the mood to throw away a few thousand dollars. Do i have it? sure, but i'd much rather have it in my pocket or buy a few more rifles with it than give it away. Or maybe some food and clothes for my child, but who need's that, right?

We (Any one who can pass a background, etc) should all start to apply for ccw ! Maybe start the nj ccw revolution lol

I know I'm opening a whole other can of worms but ..do you think a new administration can actually change this ? this is straight from the republican front runner...

"Here’s another important way to fight crime – empower law-abiding gun owners to defend themselves. Law enforcement is great, they do a tremendous job, but they can’t be everywhere all of the time. Our personal protection is ultimately up to us. That’s why I’m a gun owner, that’s why I have a concealed carry permit, and that’s why tens of millions of Americans have concealed carry permits as well. It’s just common sense. To make America great again, we’re going to go after criminals and put the law back on the side of the law-abiding."

"NATIONAL RIGHT TO CARRY. The right of self-defense doesn’t stop at the end of your driveway. That’s why I have a concealed carry permit and why tens of millions of Americans do too. That permit should be valid in all 50 states. A driver’s license works in every state, so it’s common sense that a concealed carry permit should work in every state. If we can do that for driving – which is a privilege, not a right – then surely we can do that for concealed carry, which is a right, not a privilege."

We (Any one who can pass a background, etc) should all start to apply for ccw ! Maybe start the nj ccw revolution lol

I know I'm opening a whole other can of worms but ..do you think a new administration can actually change this ? this is straight from the republican front runner...

"Here’s another important way to fight crime – empower law-abiding gun owners to defend themselves. Law enforcement is great, they do a tremendous job, but they can’t be everywhere all of the time. Our personal protection is ultimately up to us. That’s why I’m a gun owner, that’s why I have a concealed carry permit, and that’s why tens of millions of Americans have concealed carry permits as well. It’s just common sense. To make America great again, we’re going to go after criminals and put the law back on the side of the law-abiding."

"NATIONAL RIGHT TO CARRY. The right of self-defense doesn’t stop at the end of your driveway. That’s why I have a concealed carry permit and why tens of millions of Americans do too. That permit should be valid in all 50 states. A driver’s license works in every state, so it’s common sense that a concealed carry permit should work in every state. If we can do that for driving – which is a privilege, not a right – then surely we can do that for concealed carry, which is a right, not a privilege."

Are you saying you have a CCW for New Jersey???

Considering it wasn't more than a couple years ago that Trump scoffed at the idea of normal citizens having a right to carry I don't know if citing him is the best thing, his positions on numerous items have changed in the past 10 years and have even changed a few times on the campaign trail.  Legislation starts with Congress anyway so they are ultimately the ones who would have to strengthen the 2A, sad that we actually need a law that strengthens a constitutional right endowed by our Creator, but I digress....

OP I scanned through your initial post - and yes NJ not only makes it basically impossible to obtain a CCW, but I was talking to my dog's trainer who is retired LEO and Air Force K9, he said its something ridiculous like every 6 months he has to requalify to keep it with a few hours of training.  It's not like a "normal state" CCW that is valid for years at a time -

I have a friend in state police and asked him to check for me how many CCW permits were issued last year, I believe he said 436, don't quote me on the exact number but it was in the 400's, out of a state of 9+ million people, and however many are here and don't get counted in the census lol.  He didn't break the numbers down but told me it was probably all security guard companies or people who "need it" for the job, jewelry store owner, etc - and those permits are probably valid during work hours only and in and about the course of their job.

^Like I said he didn't have the names and "needs" of all the permits issued, when I asked him if any would have been retired LEO or security guards, he said only other things he could think it "might be" like a jewelry shop owner who's been robbed before, etc - but there may have been no permits issued for that type for all he know - he told me the majority if not all are probably security guards, etc, for the ones that aren't retired LEO's or well connected - as I'm sure part of that number of 400+ permits must have had a well connected person or two in there

Still, if you think of the STAGGERING ratio - thats 1 permit issued for every 22,000 citizens in this state on average if my math is right - **pathetic.

e.     Nothing in subsections b., c. and d. of N.J.S.2C:39-5 shall be construed to prevent a person keeping or carrying about his place of business, residence, premises or other land owned or possessed by him, any firearm, or from carrying the same, in the manner specified in subsection g. of this section, from any place of purchase to his residence or place of business, between his dwelling and his place of business, between one place of business or residence and another when moving, or between his dwelling or place of business and place where such firearms are repaired, for the purpose of repair. For the purposes of this section, a place of business shall be deemed to be a fixed location.

Best chance to get a CCW in NJ is to become a judge or sleep with a judge or somehow ingratiate yourself with one of the corrupt political machine heavy-hitters in the state. The latter takes years of building trust (aka significant campaign contributions). 

Of course, you can carry on your premises, though I'd check with a lawyer if that covers you in a tenants residence or place of business. And there's the thorny issue of moving from place to place. Unless you keep a gun in each location, you'd have to unload and case the gun for transport, which is essentially walking unarmed with a present for the super-predators. 

Regarding the fixed thing, my home is technically a mobile home, wonder if i am allowed to carry here or not. Its on blocks and can't go anywhere without a tri-axle and without removing the blocks and what not, but in reality, it IS just a big trailer.. Has wheels underneath and all.. LOL

Why would the owner of a jewelry store need a ccw? Isn't that in the exemptions?

That's the caveat. Of the 400 something permits issued I guarantee 90% or more were for fixed places of business only. Said hypothetical owner of jewelry store would not be able to use issued CCW outside of business days, hours, location etc. the permits that do rarely get issued are not issued in the means that we think a CCW would get issued, if not law enforcement.