Zeke

Ok, what does this have to do with the price of rice in China?

I'm still waiting for your opinion as to where to draw the line. Because you've offered nothing to the discussion. King jack? Sounds like you have a problem with people trying to have an intellectual discussion. I offered a sinlge disqualifier that your so ignorant to even understand. And it's responsibility, I didn't even say you had to prove anything either. Jesus Christ man, get over yourself.

Ya know what, don't bother. Your response was so far from what I was even saying it's not worth the time.

I've been called an asshole, yeah big deal. I'm glad you thought that was the important part of the message.

Jack,

I absolutely do NOT want convicted Felons to have or carry guns! Constitutional carry is becoming more

accepted and even in Constitutional carry states, only persons who are not otherwise prohibited may exercise that right.

Which is as it should be.

My objection to using a driving record to determine eligibility for a CCW is the camel's nose under the tent theory

that they can use almost anything to disqualify. It just gets worse.

Jack,

I absolutely do NOT want convicted Felons to have or carry guns! Constitutional carry is becoming more

accepted and even in Constitutional carry states, only persons who are not otherwise prohibited may exercise that right.

Which is as it should be.

My objection to using a driving record to determine eligibility for a CCW is the camel's nose under the tent theory

that they can use almost anything to disqualify. It just gets worse.

You bring up a serious concern, and its the subjectivity of which offenses one might deem to be a disqualifier, or at what point your habitual offenses should have an impact. In no way am i saying we should do this, but in a NJ system where it can be brought up i see no reason not to question the better judgement of the individual. Im not even sure how you loose your license that many times, and im sure the judge has the detailed list of offenses...the one thing about a driving record, unlike basically anything else, is that offenses go through the judicial system.  

Jack,

I absolutely do NOT want convicted Felons to have or carry guns!

Do you think they should have freedom of speech, be protected against unwarranted searches and seizures, have the right to remain silent, or be allowed to drive cars on public roads?

Mipafox,

Depends on the Felony charge! My Daughter can't have a gun in her home to protect her life or that of my grandson, (see my avatar for a pic) he is only 2 years old.

This is because my Son-in-Law is a convicted Felon! His crime, Felony copyright infringement because he shared a movie on the internet and the FBI wanted

to make an example of him.

The way the laws are written now, my daughter will always be a potential victim! I am not happy about that fact as you can well imagine! As far as

should convicted Felons have freedom of speech, be protected against unwarranted searches and seizures, have the right to remain silent, or be allowed to drive cars on public roads,

of course they should! So should my daughter be allowed to protect her family with a gun! Sharing a stupid movie on the internet SHOULD NOT be a reason to become a prohibited person!

A Felon that used a gun to commit a crime IS A DIFFERENT STORY! They should never be allowed to carry or possess a gun again! I know you as a thoughtful and intelligent person

and I would be disappointed if you disagreed with my position on this subject. 

So it's okay to condone it just because you can in Jersey?

Why do we prohibited felons? Why wouldn't we prohibited people who are just as irresponsible in valueing life? I never agreed with felons being prohibited persons. My entire position has always been that if you show a level of disrespect for any life, then it shouldn't be a surprise we would question your ability to safely carry a firearm. It's not about a driving record here. It's about documented examples of your disrespect for life.

IMO your soninlaw should still have his rights, as his actions are no indication to his respect for life.

I think the condition of the felony would have to be a violent crime or use of a firearm in the course of a felony.  Convicted and jailed.  If released on parole, no firearms.   For those who served time, I think it's reasonable for a re-evaluation after some period of time to see whether certain rights can be instated.  Firearms possession, voting, working with children.

We deny the Constitutional rights of people who commit crimes.  Hell. we deny them their life.  I don't think they should be punished forever but letting a guy who shot up a convenience go buy a Glock on his way home from jail might not be a good idea.

The situations like JohnnyB son in law are over the top.  That's another problem that has to be fixed.

Johnny B do you mind elaborating on the copyright infringement resulting in a felony. I assume it was for file sharing. Something that many have done. Them making an example of him sucks. Him and his entire family losing their Constitutional Rights is ridiculous. Did he happen to take a plea? I understand completely if you do not wish to share details.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last in line

Three felonies a day.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704471504574438900830760842

which ones have you commited today and you don't even know about it?

I can't read the article without a subscription. Can you commit a felony by reposting the text here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny B do you mind elaborating on the copyright infringement resulting in a felony. I assume it was for file sharing. Something that many have done. Them making an example of him sucks. Him and his entire family losing their Constitutional Rights is ridiculous. Did he happen to take a plea? I understand completely if you do not wish to share details.

Supposedly he got a hold of a VHS pre screening copy of a major movie, only 6 existed and each was electronically marked. He supposedly edited it to cover up the mark.

He then posted it on a website where other movies were being shared. The tape had another identifier that was not visible and not removed prior to uploading.

The movie flopped and the studio blamed the leaked copy. The FBI investigated and found that my son-in-law had leaked it. He had to appear before a Federal court judge

and though the studio's lawyers wanted 43 million dollars in damages, the judge fined him $7K and he got six months house arrest but was allowed to leave his house for work.

He had to plead guilty to Felony copyright Infringement. He never spent a day in any jail.

Supposedly he got a hold of a VHS pre screening copy of a major movie, only 6 existed and each was electronically marked. He supposedly edited it to cover up the mark.

He then posted it on a website where other movies were being shared. The tape had another identifier that was not visible and not removed prior to uploading.

The movie flopped and the studio blamed the leaked copy. The FBI investigated and found that my son-in-law had leaked it. He had to appear before a Federal court judge

and though the studio's lawyers wanted 43 million dollars in damages, the judge fined him $7K and he got six months house arrest but was allowed to leave his house for work.

He had to plead guilty to Felony copyright Infringement. He never spent a day in any jail.

So if he didn't spend any time in jail is he able to get an expungement or because it is federal can he not get one? Just out of curiosity do you know which movie it was?

So if he didn't spend any time in jail is he able to get an expungement or because it is federal can he not get one? Just out of curiosity do you know which movie it was?

An Inconvenient Truth.....

(kidding)