fishnut

Pig roast or catering

I'm looking for someone who does pig roasts or something like that for a party in july. Anyone here do this or have any recommendations for someone in the hunterdon county/ flemington area?

Does that BBQ place up on 31 cater?

which one? Pork chops must have changed hands and last time I was there the food was terrable. Old west BBQ in clinton twp closed down about a year ago if not more and the last few times I was there the ribs had so much fat on them that they were almost inedible

I think he's talking about the place next to the shit bag gunshop we won't mention here

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

that's pork chops I think Asians took over and the food has gone downhill

I work on the oink and moo food truck from time to time. You might try reaching out to Chris and say you know me. They aren't cheap but the food is amazing and they might know someone who specializes in roasts

Pork Chops BBq next door to Sportsmans Rendezvous was sold about 6-8 months ago. New owners are Filipino trying to cook Portuguese BBQ  and yes food has suffered with the change of hands. I was friends with previous owner he was a gun guy too was day day when i heard of the sale. But they do have a few good Filipino dishes now. 

I work on the oink and moo food truck from time to time. You might try reaching out to Chris and say you know me. They aren't cheap but the food is amazing and they might know someone who specializes in roasts

GFH had these guys at the trap range for an event they hosted. Food was wonderful.

ame="fishnut" post="1042413" timestamp="1463784467"]

Yes, that was the one that I had in mind. I never made it up there for food, but had heard good things about it years ago.

yes it used to be good and I grew up right around the corner from it so I was there allot. No restaurant lasts at that location. There have been at least 5 different restaurants there in the last 30 years

Yo fishnet! Hope all is well with the family bro.

We have been talking to a few places I'm central NJ for the wedding. It'll be very non-traditional on a farm so we are looking at either a pig roast or food truck. So far Dan's BBQ (http://0357b27.mynetworksolutions.mobi/) and Grub Hut in Manville are the top two on our BBQ list. A friend had Dan's for their wedding and they said it was excellent BBQ and the crew is very professional and knows what they're doing. Plus they are right in Three Bridges. Grub Hut is the only reason I ever go to Manville - best ribs in the area IMO.

Pork Chops in Flemington had such tasty food. My friend knew the family that owned it so we went there every now and then. The garlic shrimp was my favorite but everything was really good. It's sad that it didn't work out for them for whatever reason.

I'm going to the Beer and Bacon fest in Morristown today.    Just to do research for Fishnut.  :-)

The list of BBQ vendors providing food is at:  http://njbeerbbqfest.com/food/   I'm not familiar with most of them, but at least we know they all travel.   If I find any standouts, I'll report back.

Another place that does pig roasts is:  http://www.americanbbqco.com   I can't say I'm familiar with them either, nor do I know how far they travel.

I'm going to the Beer and Bacon fest in Morristown today. Just to do research for Fishnut. :-)

The list of BBQ vendors providing food is at: http://njbeerbbqfest.com/food/ I'm not familiar with most of them, but at least we know they all travel. If I find any standouts, I'll report back.

Another place that does pig roasts is: http://www.americanbbqco.com I can't say I'm familiar with them either, nor do I know how far they travel.

I was supposed to work this event with oink and moo but couldn't make it. Try their chicken tacos!

Yo fishnet! Hope all is well with the family bro.

We have been talking to a few places I'm central NJ for the wedding. It'll be very non-traditional on a farm so we are looking at either a pig roast or food truck. So far Dan's BBQ (http://0357b27.mynetworksolutions.mobi/) and Grub Hut in Manville are the top two on our BBQ list. A friend had Dan's for their wedding and they said it was excellent BBQ and the crew is very professional and knows what they're doing. Plus they are right in Three Bridges. Grub Hut is the only reason I ever go to Manville - best ribs in the area IMO.

Pork Chops in Flemington had such tasty food. My friend knew the family that owned it so we went there every now and then. The garlic shrimp was my favorite but everything was really good. It's sad that it didn't work out for them for whatever reason.

grub hut is gross.. sorry to say. Damjan can agree

and Pork Chops did work out, Nelson got paid handsomely for it, he had to move to Boston area with his wife so she could care for her mother and they were also starting a family.

2 bad meals there recently. dried out meats and ribs, ice cold loco fires that were cooked at least hour before serving, small portions and over priced for size. slow service and bad attitude when we went. I got a $50 gift card refund for part of our bill for Igor and My meal since it sucked. But those 2 times were both so horrible I haven't even thought of using it.

I see. Well good luck to them starting a family. They were all very nice and always welcoming.

I never knew Grub Hut existed until about a year ago. We'd double date and go over there once a month for all you can eat ribs. They were fantastic then and all the food we got was really good the last time e went...maybe 3 months ago? I was actually just saying I wanted to go back soon. That sucks about your last experience there but I can't say anything bad about the place.

Speaking of that, anyone suggest good ribs at any other non-chain places in central NJ? I used to go to HI Rib but it's long gone, disappeared actually.

I see. Well good luck to them starting a family. They were all very nice and always welcoming.

I never knew Grub Hut existed until about a year ago. We'd double date and go over there once a month for all you can eat ribs. They were fantastic then and all the food we got was really good the last time e went...maybe 3 months ago? I was actually just saying I wanted to go back soon. That sucks about your last experience there but I can't say anything bad about the place.

Speaking of that, anyone suggest good ribs at any other non-chain places in central NJ? I used to go to HI Rib but it's long gone, disappeared actually.

Big Eds all u can eat for $19 http://www.bigedsbbq.com/ great ribs many flavors and styles, best baked beans ever with pulled pork in them. choice of Baby Back, Spare or St. Louis, Hot and spicy, cajun dry rub, bbq, honey bbq and i forget others.

pic is Igor and my first plate of many, bbq and I think cajun.

post-5847-0-04835200-1463861612_thumb.jpg

Since I have a gift card to grub hut i will probably give it another chance, what night is auce ribs?

Monday nights. I was close to going last night with two friends but got held up with other plans. I asked them how it was and they said it was good just like always. I'm hopefully going next week.