Sign in to follow this  
weekend_junkie

NRA Life Member $500... again

After they endorsed the no fly/no buy list, we should be asking for a refund.

I called them to complain.

They said others have been calling as well. 

Not defending the NRA, but they only agreed about the no fly / no buy if there's judicial process for people to get removed from the list.

After they endorsed the no fly/no buy list, we should be asking for a refund.

I called them to complain.

They said others have been calling as well.

Not defending the NRA, but they only agreed about the no fly / no buy if there's judicial process for people to get removed from the list.

here's 2 quotes of mine from another forum...

My take was Wayne and the NRA "endorsing" this with Trump is a way to get the camel's nose under the tent of what the Dems REALLY want to get. By doing so they start shining light on the true bullshit they want, and can then attack it directly. "Sure. We'll go for a list. Has to be all above board, with recourse for getting off, Govt has to foot the whole bill, and we'll take National Reciprocity with required enforcement at all levels from state to town." I'm sure the NRA has plenty of Poison Pills they can stuff into any such talks. I'm not really sweating this on the national level. However I live in Nazi Jermany so I AM sweating it on the state level.[/size]

There's also a bit of the SQUIRREL aspect to all of this as well; if you know your opposition is going to try and hawk in on something, make it LOOK like you want it to, tie them up with discussions, and slowly erode their talking points. "Well they want the whole pie, and that's not fair, so we're trying to come to some middle ground, but they won't budge." Make them look like the Bad Guys since they're always screaming "compromise."[/size]

I still contend the NRA "caved" on the whole NICS thing simply because they knew it wasn't going to do jack shit (which it doesn't) and it allowed them room to get things like the AWB to have a sunset date. [/size]

IF the NRA and we have to "cave" to some kind of Secret Squirrel list (with procedures in place for fighting your place on it) AND we can get National Reciprocity with Teeth as trade, I'd be willing to take that dance with the Devil. If we assume Trump wins POTUS, and he really does get to stack SCOTUS with true conservatives (seriously, Ted Cruz, if Trump knocks and offers it, you better fucking take it or I'll kick you in the teeth myself) that list would get demolished by SCOTUS, along with a bunch of others. Like Loknlod said, this is chess; hell it's 3-D chess. Let's all not get the Trigglypuff vapors over Wayne and Donald doing what they do best... TALK.[/size]

In every fight you're going to give hits and take hits. We've been giving quite a few lately across the country. We might wind up getting a pop to the mouth with this Orlando thing. Welcome to the game.

Please tell me aside from their trinkets and self-boosting propaganda what the fuc***g NRA has ever done for New Jersey (outside of training and certification, which they offer everywhere). They pick the low-lying fruit and boast about how they "protect" our "rights." They protect shit as far as I'm concerned. Like most large organizations they're a racket. They should be in court each and every day on behalf of NJ, MD, HI, and those states that lost rights after the CT massacre. Instead they offer me a 50-cent knife emblazoned with a representation of an eagle, which if I ever flashed in public would probably get me committed to Creedmore. I've scraped their sticker off my car, and I wouldn't wear their damned baseball cap if my life depended on it.

Please tell me aside from their trinkets and self-boosting propaganda what the fuc***g NRA has ever done for New Jersey (outside of training and certification, which they offer everywhere). They pick the low-lying fruit and boast about how they "protect" our "rights." They protect shit as far as I'm concerned. Like most large organizations they're a racket. They should be in court each and every day on behalf of NJ, MD, HI, and those states that lost rights after the CT massacre. Instead they offer me a 50-cent knife emblazoned with a representation of an eagle, which if I ever flashed in public would probably get me committed to Creedmore. I've scraped their sticker off my car, and I wouldn't wear their damned baseball cap if my life depended on it.

Don't worry. You only get a magazine with his deal. No hats or bags.