Zeke

Ft.Lauderdale airport?

Still seems to be on going.  Shooters in the parking garage?  5 dead so far?

1 shooter caught by k9

3 remain?

Fog of war at the moment.  Everything subject to change.

Just had a press conference.  1 shooter.  No other threats at this time but the airport is locked down while they investigate and clear to make sure there are no other threats..  Apprehended by Broward County Sheriff's Deputy.  Apprehended without issue.  Apparently the shooter arrived on a flight from Alaska.  Firearm was in checked luggage.  

There's a LOT of Esteban Santiagos.  Don't immediately assume from social media.

i had to lol at that because i'm following the twitter feeds and after literally hundreds of esteban santiagos being outed, the mob community seem to have settled on that guy. very bad day to be an esteban santiago on social media it seems

what specifically are they calling for? doesnt it have to be in a locked container in a checked bag? not much more can be done

I heard a general call for additional legislation.  One call for "no ammunition".  Another call for additional security in the non-secured areas.

I heard a general call for additional legislation.  One call for "no ammunition".  Another call for additional security in the non-secured areas.

exactly what i thought. kneejerk call for more legislation. no specifics, no details on how it overlaps existing laws. just "additional legislation. good times

No way a reciprocity bill will get passed anytime soon after this.

why's that? doesn't have anything to do with this incident. also, this took place in a gun free zone remember, so no guns would have been allowed anyway. except for the ones the bad guy used of course

he's being described as a "white hispanic". can someone explain to me what the hell a "white hispanic" is?

Well if going by government book keeping methods, if you are Hispanic, your race is Caucasian and your ethnicity is Hispanic. 

In this case, it's the media really wanting it to be a white person instead of islamic terrorism so they can scream racist redneck, so they lead with that, regardless of the nuance fitting the lead. 

why's that? doesn't have anything to do with this incident. also, this took place in a gun free zone remember, so no guns would have been allowed anyway. except for the ones the bad guy used of course

My understanding is that he had checked the gun through, then retrieved his luggage and gun after landing. Baggage claim isn't a gun free zone under those circumstances (or if one just walks in from the street, for that matter).

Proposed gun control after a shooting never has anything to do with the incident.

Proposed gun control after a shooting never has anything to do with the incident.

True.

That was a long flight from Alaska. Who knows, if coach seats were a couple of inches wider, with a couple of inches more legroom, this might never have happened