voyager9

Striker fired HG

Never heard of the trigger. Where you find it and the parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trigger:

http://www.lobos-industries.com/products/g72dxor257l2shg7kcr41fcard5eq9

They are made in batches so if you want one just put yourself on the notification list and you'll get the "in stock" email.

Springs:

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/VP9-VP40-Ultra-Match-Spring-Set-p17222.htm

I also got the solid slide cover. I really don't need the striker indicator and the added opening on the slide just screams trouble if the gun ever sees a dirty environment.

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=17856&idcategory=0

I changed the sights as well but that is a personal preference.

• Like 1

Trigger:

They are made in batches so if you want one just put yourself on the notification list and you'll get the "in stock" email.

Springs:

I also got the solid slide cover. I really don't need the striker indicator and the added opening on the slide just screams trouble if the gun ever sees a dirty environment.

Thanks Alex. Yea, the red dot is a waste. The sights were already night sights. Have LE version.

How hard were the mods? I don't mind doing them as I did many others. But my eye sight sux when it comes to tiny gun parts these days.

Trigger:

What does this mean?

After installation the trigger will need to be pulled back to remove the slide whereas with the original trigger this was not necessary.

I thought you had to pull the trigger to disassemble the VP9 stock.

New batch, get them when they arrive. Not in stock now.

No, you don't have to hold back trigger... with Lobo, yes.

What does this mean?

Thanks Alex. Yea, the red dot is a waste. The sights were already night sights. Have LE version.

How hard were the mods? I don't mind doing them as I did many others. But my eye sight sux when it comes to tiny gun parts these days.

It's not as easy as a Glock or M&P.  I can do those with my eyes closed at this point.  

There is a really small spring that controls the slide catch and sits between it and the locking block, it wont shoot out when you remove the locking block, but it may fall out and due to it's size you may never notice it.  Additional the spring controlling the part that is activated by an empty magazine and engages the slide lock sits inside the side of the locking block and was a pain to figure out.  The  HKPro forum thread linked from the Lobos website which is supposed to show how to disassemble the pistol no longer has any of the photos up.  I had to basically figure it out for myself.  This caused a lot of cursing and veiled threats to just throw the whole pistol in the trash. Eventually I figured it out.  

Also, the pin that sits on the left side of the pistol and doesn't go all the way through is a giant pain in the ass.  The direction is to use a flat head screwdriver to push it out from the inside, this works, but I had to apply a lot more force than I expected.  

The video on the HK Parts website showing the install of the springs gets you half way to replacing the trigger, I just couldn't find any tutorial on a fill disassembly and had to figure it out myself.  

I know its an awesome pistol, but those Germans could have made it simpler, there is no need for that many parts on a striker fired gun lol. 

What does this mean?

It would seem that the guy who makes them seems to run production in batches when ever  he can get CNC time.  He makes a dozen or so of each variety/color combination.  When they sell out, they sell out and he has to make more.

I got the Black/Red one

IMG_6200_zpsvgrunick.jpg

• Like 1

Whelp, I ordered them and the push button rear plate. Whether I do the springs or not is up for debate. If I find ambition, I may give them as shot. I do hate HK Parts shipping. He's a fooking crook!

I did find a video for taking out the springs. I watched it and my head started hurting... lol.

It's not as easy as a Glock or M&P.  I can do those with my eyes closed at this point.  

There is a really small spring that controls the slide catch and sits between it and the locking block, it wont shoot out when you remove the locking block, but it may fall out and due to it's size you may never notice it.  Additional the spring controlling the part that is activated by an empty magazine and engages the slide lock sits inside the side of the locking block and was a pain to figure out.  The  HKPro forum thread linked from the Lobos website which is supposed to show how to disassemble the pistol no longer has any of the photos up.  I had to basically figure it out for myself.  This caused a lot of cursing and veiled threats to just throw the whole pistol in the trash. Eventually I figured it out.  

Also, the pin that sits on the left side of the pistol and doesn't go all the way through is a giant pain in the ass.  The direction is to use a flat head screwdriver to push it out from the inside, this works, but I had to apply a lot more force than I expected.  

The video on the HK Parts website showing the install of the springs gets you half way to replacing the trigger, I just couldn't find any tutorial on a fill disassembly and had to figure it out myself.  

I know its an awesome pistol, but those Germans could have made it simpler, there is no need for that many parts on a striker fired gun lol. 

I did find a video for taking out the springs. I watched it and my head started hurting... lol.

I know.  Damn Germans can't many anything simple

My favorite is the hockey puck with a hole drilled in it that he calls an armorer's block and sells for $15.  It's a great idea.  Good thing I play hockey, I have plenty of pucks.  Took the newest looking one, drilled a hole it in, look an armorer's block for $4!

• Like 1

Trigger:

Springs:

^^Great post - I just ordered a VP9 and was wondering if the Lobos trigger was still made - I love the Black/Red it really screams HK - I also agree with you on the striker plate, I will be getting the solid black cover for it - did you also get the HKParts firing pin sleeve?

Between those parts and adding Truglo TFX sights I'll be good to go with my first HK :)

^^Great post - I just ordered a VP9 and was wondering if the Lobos trigger was still made - I love the Black/Red it really screams HK - I also agree with you on the striker plate, I will be getting the solid black cover for it - did you also get the HKParts firing pin sleeve?

Between those parts and adding Truglo TFX sights I'll be good to go with my first HK :)

No sir, I did not get the sleeve.  I really love how light the Apex triggers are on my M&Ps and how short the pull and reset are.  I was trying to recreate that. 

I went with the red fiber optic front and black rear sight.  I love that setup, but like I said, sights a totally a personal preference. 

• Like 1

It would seem that the guy who makes them seems to run production in batches when ever he can get CNC time. He makes a dozen or so of each variety/color combination. When they sell out, they sell out and he has to make more.

I got the Black/Red one

IMG_6200_zpsvgrunick.jpg

Pretty swanky.

Me like

It would seem that the guy who makes them seems to run production in batches when ever he can get CNC time.

Sorry. My question was on the trigger pull to remove slide. I quoted the wrong thing.

On their website it says that you have to pull the trigger to remove the slide unlike the stock trigger. This surprised me because I thought you had to do that with the stock trigger as well.

Sorry. My question was on the trigger pull to remove slide. I quoted the wrong thing.

On their website it says that you have to pull the trigger to remove the slide unlike the stock trigger. This surprised me because I thought you had to do that with the stock trigger as well.

I did answer that for you back on message #68.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Gotcha.  I can't remember if the factory trigger required this like it does on the Glock.  Watching the video above on installing the springs it would seem that you don't need to press the trigger to remove the slide on the VP9.

Gotcha. I can't remember if the factory trigger required this like it does on the Glock. Watching the video above on installing the springs it would seem that you don't need to press the trigger to remove the slide on the VP9.

Are my posts effing invisible? I said it doesn't. Geezus. [emoji21]

Do it

That's what I'm leaning for, the FDE is meh and the gray is too blue-ish for me - I made a mental note of myself to stop pussyfooting around and order one by Monday - either in Black or ODG - I like the Meprolights on the ODG so I'd spring for the LE version, while on the Black I'd want the standard one and put something like Truglo's on it -

I'm probably the most indecisive person in the world when it comes to anything and actually the fact that I came down to just 2 choices within a week (and just talking colors at this point), by my standards is amazing -

Are my posts effing invisible? I said it doesn't. Geezus. [emoji21]

Thank you. I did miss that part of your reply. In my defense the wording of it took me a few rereads too.

• Like 1

No prob.....

Was short and concise... ;)

Thank you. I did miss that part of your reply. In my defense the wording of it took me a few rereads too.

Quite a few of us usually have a few permits sitting in wait. The caveat is, the permits burn in your brain and they make you feel obligated to buy more guns where you might not want or need to. So self control flies out the door for some of us. Lol....

I have no permits laying around at the moment and for good reason. Wife kind of hinted to calm down. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

That's what I'm leaning for, the FDE is meh and the gray is too blue-ish for me - I made a mental note of myself to stop pussyfooting around and order one by Monday - either in Black or ODG - I like the Meprolights on the ODG so I'd spring for the LE version, while on the Black I'd want the standard one and put something like Truglo's on it -

I'm probably the most indecisive person in the world when it comes to anything and actually the fact that I came down to just 2 choices within a week (and just talking colors at this point), by my standards is amazing -

Are you a Gemini? It would explain it

I have no permits laying around at the moment and for good reason. Wife kind of hinted to calm down.

My solution to this issue was to have permits laying around for her, and for good reason. But I have also been encouraged to 'calm down'.

'His' and 'Her' checking accounts also resolve some of the discrepancies.