voyager9

Light for VP9

Will look into it. Website doesn't show any holsters for weapon lights. Maybe they're just not shown

Just contact him. He made me some nice ones. Just tell him what you want. He should be listed in the vendor section.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Having never shopped for holsters I'm finding that the plethora of options is like when my wife sends me to CVS for hygiene products.. IWB, OWB, wings, cant, etc. 

Lmao.... well nobody knows but you what you need. He makes all kinds..... he does nice work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, bhunted said:

Lmao.... well nobody knows but you what you need. He makes all kinds..... he does nice work.

Thanks. That was my point though. Not sure what I need yet. I just want something simple I can use in a HD scenario if I have to use both hands.  Figured since it could be at night in my Pooh-Bear suit I may want IWB or something that can clip to any pair of shorts w/out belt

If you are looking for a "bump in the night setup", rig a stiff duty-type belt with an OWB holster, a couple mags in pouches, a flashlight, and a first aid kit.

if you need to grab your gun, just clip the belt around your waist too. Takes a second and works much better than trying to get your skivvies or PJs to hold your blaster up with no support.

• Like 2

.....and I just happen to have a duty belt rig that would work fine for that. Like new. What size you take? Just add a holster.

11 hours ago, High Exposure said:

If you are looking for a "bump in the night setup", rig a stiff duty-type belt with an OWB holster, a couple mags in pouches, a flashlight, and a first aid kit.

if you need to grab your gun, just clip the belt around your waist too. Takes a second and works much better than trying to get your skivvies or PJs to hold your blaster up with no support.

Where are you safely storing that. I have a pistol safe on my side under bed, bolted the floor. As does MrsZ. You would need much larger safe for that. 

11 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Where are you safely storing that. I have a pistol safe on my side under bed, bolted the floor. As does MrsZ. You would need much larger safe for that. 

Don't need the belt in the safe. Hang it near the safe. Thing goes bump you don the belt then open the safe to retrieve the firearm. 

2 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Don't need the belt in the safe. Hang it near the safe. Thing goes bump you don the belt then open the safe to retrieve the firearm. 

I also don't want to advertise anything gun in my house. Don't want would be burglar to focus. Idk, maybe that doesn't make sense. 

I was thinking the same thing, thought hang it behind my bed. With loaded mags?

We've already had 1 bump in the night scenario at 3 am. I grabbed gun and flashlight and cleared the house. That was interesting to say the least

2 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I also don't want to advertise anything gun in my house. Don't want would be burglar to focus. Idk, maybe that doesn't make sense. 

Not like you're putting up a yard sign. If a BadGuy recognizes a duty belt in your bedroom then it's already a bad day. They're probably going to find the safes anyway just looking for valuables.  If your concerned about the look of the belt hanging behind your bed just mask it behind your furry handcuffs and tickler. 

• Like 1

If an NJ holster company makes a holster that fits your combo, I'd go that route...

But there are plenty of holster companies out there, and with the VP9 being somewhat popular, as is that model of Surefire, I'm sure you'll find someone doing it if not available at a local company.

I had Bravo Concealment do one for my SP-01 and TRL-1 HL. Very happy with it. If you are looking for IWB, I just ordered a hybrid holster from White Hat Holsters for my J-frame (with LaserMax light). I've heard good things about them, but I'm like a week and a half out from getting it. With the amount of forums out there (H&K forums, generic firearms forums, carry forums), you definitely can get a wide spectrum of reviews regarding most holster companies. Always use that to your advantage, as the good ones are recommended for a reason.

I did make a thread about a guy that goes to the Oaks gun show (coming up next week; 8/5 and 8/6), who does custom holsters... but seems that thread was deleted. Was SharkTac, if you were looking to have something made for you while you browse the show. Good guy that has been making holsters for over a decade. Was actually going to bring my J-frame to him... until I found White Hat.

In regards to the weapon light, I'm a big Surefire guy. I love my P2X and P3X lights, and have the X300U. Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have picked up the X300U. I have a few Steamlights, and even some old Insight LED lights... and with the toggle, constant is one direction, momentary is the other. I really don't like the push in for momentary on the Surefire. Not saying it is a bad light, because it is not, but feel more comfortable with Streamlight type controls.

Plus, it is 800 lumens verses 600... while both are bright enough, the Streamlight makes the lit area a little clearer than the Surefire. I got the Surefire off AR15.com, pretty much new in box (was opened, but seller had good feedback and the light did not look different than his post implied) for about $60 less than what I could get one for (shipped, comparing to prices online... without shipping). It is an extra light, and even though I don't use it regularly, I'll keep it for a backup.

I do have a M600IB Scout light on my Tavor, which I do like. That sensor on the head is pretty neat; if you shine it far away, then toss your hand in front of the beam, it adjusts pretty quickly. But that is a little more than a pistol light.

Edit: Reading the end of the thread, if the setup is strictly for home defense, have you considered a chest mounted rig on a plate carrier? Toss on carrier, pull gun out of safe, and you don't have to mess with a belt. Depend on the carrier, leave one half undone and slide it on quickly.

2 hours ago, Zeke said:

Pistol in the safe on the nightstand.

Rifle is in a safe in the closet 4' away.

Belt is on the floor of the closet.

qJc3nj7.jpg

Armor (Plate Carrier) is in the closet as well.

Assessment and time management is key.

HD plan is flexible depending on who's where and what's going in. But that a completely different thread.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

qJc3nj7.jpg

Armor (Plate Carrier) is in the closet as well.

Assessment and time management is key.

HD plan is flexible depending on who's where and what's going in. But that a completely different thread.

Thank you

53 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

qJc3nj7.jpg

HD plan is flexible depending on who's where and what's going in.

I like it!

but where is the pouch for war paint?

now I'm thinking of moving rifle to bedroom

Surefire all the way. Customer Service is outstanding as well.

I did have to use them for a defective DS00 tail cap on my Scout light... button worked, but would not activate when the pressure switch was depressed.

They sent a new one, but after the first call, it took like 2-3 days for a shipping label (guy said it would be there in a few hours; didn't call because I was busy, but showed up). Then it took like 3 weeks before I got the replacement. Figured there would be at least a "received" email or a tracking number sent when it shipped.

When it showed up, all I was thinking was that I hope the pressure switch wasn't bad...

But never had an issue with a Surefire product other than that.

Finally got up to the range with the new VP9/x300u combo. Overall I came away mixed. I liked how it felt to shoot but most of my shots were way off. Down/Left. I'm sure it was me, either adjusting my grip to the new gun or to be able to work the light. Either way, need a lot more practice.

Its you. First, don't screw with the light. Learn the gun first. Its one of the most accurate HKs out there. Worry about the light later.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bhunted said:

Its you. First, don't screw with the light. Learn the gun first. Its one of the most accurate HKs out there. Worry about the light later.

Ya, Ariver 9 let me try that joker!

It's almost always me. Whether it's shooting or marriage.

• Like 2

It's almost always me. Whether it's shooting or marriage.

Hey! No combining marriage with shooting.
Had an ex-wife. Got rid of her. Got me a wife that likes guns. Got more guns. Prob solved. [emoji6]