gfl216

Waffles vs Pancakes

Waffles vs Pancakes   

43 members have voted

1. 1. Having a debate with my daughter on which is the superior food waffles or pancakes. I vote waffles.

• Waffles
    • Pancakes

54 minutes ago, fishnut said:

Barf, no thanks I hate it with a passion. 

That's because you have only ever tried crappy French Roquefort.  Try something better like English Stilton, Danish Danablu, Spanish Cabrales, or my favorite Italian Gorgonzola.

5 hours ago, BobA said:

Doesn't matter.  They all end up in the same place.  The taste is all in the syrup.  Syrups - now there's a discussion. 

Vermont Pure Maple Syrup all the way.  I prefer the "Grade A Amber & Rich" syrup.  I always get some from Vermont from my parents.  LMK if anyone wants any...

GUIDE TO MAPLE SYRUP GRADES

OLD: “Fancy” or “Vermont Fancy”
NEW: Grade A | Golden Color and Delicate Taste

This is the lightest of the new maple syrup grades and highly recommended for drizzling over waffles, pancakes, or ice cream.

OLD: Grade A Medium Amber, Grade A Dark Amber
NEW: “Grade A | Amber Color and Rich Flavor”

This grade of maple syrup is a little more flavorful and works well when cooking and baking.

OLD: Grade A Dark Amber, Grade B
NEW: “Grade A | Dark Color and Robust Flavor”

This grade of maple syrup is even stronger in flavor, and is best used for recipes that require a heavy maple flavor.

OLD: Grade C
NEW: “Grade A | Very Dark and Strong Flavor”

This grade of maple syrup is very strong, and probably best used as a substitute for molasses and for making maple flavored candies.

ALSO - WAFFLES HAS TAKEN THE LEAD!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

The same heathens that eat scrapple are arguing about pancakes vs waffles....this redneck is intrigued..

Scrapple is awsome. Sliced thin and fried well done in bacon grease. The best stuff comes from Delaware.

8 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Vermont Pure Maple Syrup all the way.  I prefer the "Grade A Amber & Rich" syrup.  I always get some from Vermont from my parents.  LMK if anyone wants any...

GUIDE TO MAPLE SYRUP GRADES

OLD: “Fancy” or “Vermont Fancy”
NEW: Grade A | Golden Color and Delicate Taste

This is the lightest of the new maple syrup grades and highly recommended for drizzling over waffles, pancakes, or ice cream.

OLD: Grade A Medium Amber, Grade A Dark Amber
NEW: “Grade A | Amber Color and Rich Flavor”

This grade of maple syrup is a little more flavorful and works well when cooking and baking.

OLD: Grade A Dark Amber, Grade B
NEW: “Grade A | Dark Color and Robust Flavor”

This grade of maple syrup is even stronger in flavor, and is best used for recipes that require a heavy maple flavor.

OLD: Grade C
NEW: “Grade A | Very Dark and Strong Flavor”

This grade of maple syrup is very strong, and probably best used as a substitute for molasses and for making maple flavored candies.

ALSO - WAFFLES HAS TAKEN THE LEAD!

Real maple syrup in general. The fake stuff is disgusting. I now get New Hampshire maple syrup instead of Vermont. 

• Like 1

The same heathens that eat scrapple are arguing about pancakes vs waffles....this redneck is intrigued..

Scrapple is great. Going to have my wife make me some now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Waffles or Pancakes don’t make a difference to me I fill the inside with sausage links top off with real maple syrup and a dip egg (over easy).

I like French Toast with powder sugar, no syrup.

What beats them all is crepes with powder sugar. Also filled with Nutella or Oreo creme.

49 minutes ago, fishnut said:

Scrapple is awsome. Sliced thin and fried well done in bacon grease. The best stuff comes from Delaware.

10 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Scrapple is great. Going to have my wife make me some now.

I’ve had scrapple. It’s not bad. I shouldn’t have read the ingredients list, that kind of ruined it for me. Lol

I’ve had scrapple. It’s not bad. I shouldn’t have read the ingredients list, that kind of ruined it for me. Lol
Honestly I can only eat one brick a year.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Just now, Displaced Texan said:

My mother's people are originally from PA, so Scrapple was pretty ordinary for me when I was a kid.  I loved the way my grandmother made it.  My wife tried it for the first time ever at my parents and she liked it.  Must have eaten it at least a dozen times until one day she read the ingredients list.  I can sorta understand.  When I was maybe 9 or 10, I learned what Italian sausage casing was made of, that turned me off to sausage for a while.  Sometimes we are better off otf knowing.

10 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

My mother's people are originally from PA, so Scrapple was pretty ordinary for me when I was a kid.  I loved the way my grandmother made it.  My wife tried it for the first time ever at my parents and she liked it.  Must have eaten it at least a dozen times until one day she read the ingredients list.  I can sorta understand.  When I was maybe 9 or 10, I learned what Italian sausage casing was made of, that turned me off to sausage for a while.  Sometimes we are better off otf knowing.

If it taste good it should not matter what parts it's made of. As long as it's not made with artificial ingredients and chemicals I'll try anything especially insects. I love them and not the dipped.in chocolate crap. I got my wife to try live termites while hiking in the jungle on the border of Guatemala and Belize. She liked them, they taste like raw carrots.