Mrs. Peel

Meeting Tonight in Piscataway, as Town tries to Stomp on FFLs

Here's an ANJRPC alert that just came out - yikes, it seems like that org is going to have their hands full! It seems the freedom-stomping, gun-grabbing actions of the state legislature have only emboldened folks in the local municipalities. I wish I could make this tonight but I can't... perhaps some of you are available to attend?

ANJRPC WARNS PISCATAWAY

ON ILLEGAL ORDINANCE

RESTRICTING FIREARMS SALES!

June 14, 2018. ANJRPC has warned the town of Piscataway, New Jersey in a lawyer letter that a proposed ordinance effectively prohibiting firearms sales within the town is unlawful and could subject the town to liability. 

The ordinance, scheduled for a hearing tonight, would prohibit state and federally licensed firearms dealers from conducting business within 1,000 feet of a sweeping list of properties located within the town, effectively banning legal firearms sales in Piscataway.

“This proposed ordinance would violate the Second Amendment as well as state law pre-empting towns from regulating firearms sales,” said ANJRPC Executive Director Scott Bach. “The premise behind the ordinance is absurd – criminals don’t buy guns from licensed dealers, and locating sales 1,000 feet from property in Piscataway will neither stop nor deter someone intent on doing evil. The local grandstanding politicians pushing this measure don’t seem to understand the difference between law-abiding gun owners and criminals.”

Gun owners interested in attending tonight’s hearing, which starts at 7:30 p.m., can find location information by clicking here

<click here for the online version of this alert>

• Like 1