Sign in to follow this  
oldtimer98

Just submitted my permit to Madison Police Department

Someone had mentioned it on an Heckler&Kock message board. I have two questions, can I purchase a gun in California and have it shipped to NJ? I saw an H&K P30 for a good price outside Pendleton and want to buy it when I go to Cali later in the year. Also what is the law for transporting a gun when I fly? Appreciate it.

Problem is.... if you buy the gun out of state, handguns only now, and you live in NJ, it has to be shipped to an FFL, who validates your pistol permit and runs the nics check.

I feel your pain! I have a Ruger SR9 at one gun shop and a Berretta U22 Neos at another! Friday will be 30 days for me. I got the Neos at the bullet hole so I was able to shoot it on Sunday. Very fun and Very accurate if you are looking for a plinker. I am looking for a scope for it now. It is a shame to waste that weaver rail that comes with the gun. :shock:

Prints usually don't come back that quickly from the state. Before you spend a lot of money in court, stop by and ask to get the details of the refusal.

It's not unheard of to have someone use a false id when arrested. Prints can't be faked so if something came back attached to yours, then you might have a problem. Did you have any DV incidents that might be showing up?

All the burden is on the chief now to prove why I shouldn't be granted a permit

It is quite simple. Show that the criminal offense isn't yours.

Yes, DV is domestic violence. They can be quite complicated and creates problems in all areas. In this case, there are two outcomes. No criminal convictions or a past criminal conviction. It sounds odd that the topic starts off with a extremely efficient and pleasant process of application and four weeks later they are trying to screw him. I'm guessing there is more to the story which may or may not come to light. There is certainly no reason to air ones personal business on a public forum.

As they will need something to document the denial, something is coming back in you CCH. I don't see any reason why it should be discussed in public. If you want to run it by in private, that would be the preferred way.

Just got a certified letter from the Madison police chief, my permit was denied. Says I have a past criminal history which is ridiclous. I called my lawyer and he is calling the chief tomorrow. I will now have to take the case to the Morris County Superior Court. Game on

Sorry bud. If you dont mind asking, how old are you now and what did you have that could of possibly qualify as criminal? Did you think it would come up?