charleslee

Range for .50 Cal.???

Cherry Ridge has no caliber restrictions on the big bore (200/300 yd.) range. They also host .50BMG events at least once (maybe more) a year.

for 50bmg I am sure you would want an outside range in which case most clubs I have shot at would handle it.

for 50 action express or 50 s&w, indoor brick armory can handle it. not sure about the other public indoor ranges. if they have rubber backfill, good sign they should be able to handle 50 cal or high power rifle.

MAKSIM: I should have been more specific, BMG was what I was looking for. I'll check-out the Cherry Ridge link which was kindly provided. The only range that I'm a member at is Central Jersey Rifle & Pistol club and they won't allow .50's. I live in Jackson so I would like to find someplace not too far. But, I'll take what I can get. Appreciate your helping me out!

Lunicy: I did mean .50 BMG. Thank-you! I have a Serbu, and haven't even been able to enjoy it. Maybe I should sell it, but (1) I don't really want to, and (2) if they are banned, I won't really have a choice, will I? Probably should have listened to my boss and never have gotten it but I thought it would be neat & wanted to get one before outlawed, hoping it would be grandfathered. Oh well... Not the first gun I probably shouldn't have bought & won't be the last!

Cherry Ridge in Highland Lakes NJ has semi routine 50 BMG matches on the weekend a couple of time per year. They do allow you to practice on their 200/300 yard range with limited projectiles(lead core only no solids or anything with steel in it) on Wednesday and Thursday of each week.