tgz13

Ammo Storage?

I only have 600 rds left of .40 and that is under my bed. I don't have a safe yet, but figured if someone broke into my house when i wasn't home they would be intimidated by my German Shepherd. If they got around him then they would just take off with the misses jewerly box and the large screen flat panels i have.

I have a couple of thousand rounds in the house at all times because you do not want it want ammo when you can not get it. So it is in the safe with the long guns. There are several magazines filled with ammo in small safes around the house. No matter where we are protected. The rest of the ammo is in the large safe with the long guns.

I have a couple of thousand rounds in the house at all times because you do not want it want ammo when you can not get it. So it is in the safe with the long guns. There are several magazines filled with ammo in small safes around the house. No matter where we are protected. The rest of the ammo is in the large safe with the long guns.

that's my kind of plan!!! 8-)

I pity the fool that chooses to mess with that household.

I have since found a home for my ammo..

Picked up a heavy duty plastic tool box from Lowe's (two clamps to keep it shut, a hole for a lock, and a storage box on top for small misc stuff). Worked out well, I have the ammo on the bottom and all of my cleaning supplies on the plastic tray on top of it. It's not really for the security of the ammo I worry about, more the roaming little hand of children that I would rather not have touching things until they are old enough to understand (my soon to be daughter & my nephew included).

I have a small Stackon 8 gun cabinet (bought for $60 new, so I couldn't go wrong) into which I managed to squeeze over 3k rounds of various boxed ammo, 3 rifles, a shotgun, a pistol and all of my extra scopes and accessories.

I have to be really careful when opening the door to that thing. :lol:

M2A1 military ammo cans. I take extra ones from work that are no longer being used. Best ammo storage ever developed. In service since before WWII.

I also mix ammo in each container, so I have something for each weapon, regardless of which box I take. I need a gun cabinet though for my long guns as they are simply piled in a corner in my closet. Should get a gun case too for transport. Only have a crappy one at the moment.

I assume you want to know how to store the ammo as well? I keep mine in a controlled environment between 68-75 deg f in my bedroom locked up. I have a few mags with ammo ready to go. I have a bit stored up because I have no idea how hard ammo will be able to find in the near future.

Like I said, I would not store it in the garage, shed attic or any place where the temperature fluctuates or moisture and humidity are present.

I simply pick up a box here and there until I feel comfortable with what I have. I got a gun cabinet from Dick's and that holds all my ammo minus the shotgun shells. Those are stored (contained) in my cool basement.

Nice set up Richie!!...I have the same.....

The second pic is with the flash off...I threw some lights underneath each shelf in mine, the home depot undercabinet lighting. I ran out of room real quick on the long gun side, someday I'll wise up and get a real safe :roll:

Thats the same one you have...just the double door version. I've seen them at dick in freehold for $249 I think.

I need it! I hate having to store my ammo, pistols and long rifles in the same space. But for $60, I really couldn't go wrong. My model was $120 new.

I hear ya $60 bucks for that is awesome, I want to get the single door one to put next to this one, I have guns piling up in the corner. Looks ghetto...lol

Here's a link for the double door one...oh and WARNING: DO NOT type in dicks.com when looking for dickssportinggoods.com. I dunno what I was thinking!!!!! :lol:

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/produ ... Id=3378969

I hear ya $60 bucks for that is awesome, I want to get the single door one to put next to this one, I have guns piling up in the corner. Looks ghetto...lol

Here's a link for the double door one...oh and WARNING: DO NOT type in dicks.com when looking for dickssportinggoods.com. I dunno what I was thinking!!!!! :lol:

I am not touching that one.

I am not touching that one.

I hope not! :lol: