Agent_Smith

Place to trade in guns

I'm hoping to trade in a Buckmark and an HK and buy a Glock 34. Could anyone recommend a store in New Jersey that has a decent trade-in or trade-up policy. (I know some of you are laughing about the fact that I referred to trading an HK for a Glock as trading UP.)

I know I could get more for the guns if I sold them person-to-person, but I don't like the idea of meeting up with a stranger to barter over handguns. :shock:

Thanks

GS

Most shops are going to give you wholesale value if that. Your best bet is to list it here in the marketplace.

Other option is putting it on consignment at a store. Most charge between 15% and 25%. Problem with handguns is that if you want to take it back if it doesnt sell, you need a new pistol permit.

I am interested in the buckmark or the h&k myself. post them here or send a pm.

I'm hoping to trade in a Buckmark and an HK and buy a Glock 34. Could anyone recommend a store in New Jersey that has a decent trade-in or trade-up policy. (I know some of you are laughing about the fact that I referred to trading an HK for a Glock as trading UP.)

I know I could get more for the guns if I sold them person-to-person, but I don't like the idea of meeting up with a stranger to barter over handguns. :shock:

Thanks

GS

btw, i purchased a few firearms from board members, all very cool guys. not like you are meeting someone on the streets of camden buying a "used" glock for $150. =)

As long as person has their FID and valid pistol permits, you are good. If selling out of state, you must go through FFL.

Don't expect much on a trade in. Firearm's lose more value than cars when they "leave the lot". Dealers will not give you more than they can purchase them from their wholesaler plus they want to make a few dollars on them. Try to sell it privately first. Many gun clubs have a For Sale board.

aside from the bullet hole...

Brick Armory does, 15% consignment fee plus credit card fee,

Sportsmans center I want to say is 20%, but could be 25%.

In either case, since these are firearms, you will need a pistol permit, a new one, if they dont sell and you want it back.

After they take the comission, its almost always cheaper to sell it locally. I know the gents at Sportsmans center even offered to let me do a private transfer if I needed it right in their store for people to feel comfy.

Don't forget that if you leave them on consignment with a dealer and want them back for some reason you will again need to get permits again.

When i was at SS buying a G19 a guy was giving SS his gun for consignment. The guy behind the counter said after signing these papers you no longer own the gun if you decide you want it back you need to get a hadgun permit again.

I also believe that they charged 15%.

You could also try selling online through gunbroker or gunsamerica. I've sold my fireram through Gunbroker. It can be done through an FFL or if the person is local, with a purchase permit, as was the case with my sell, it all works out. I would recommed gunbroker over gunsamerica as they do not have any selling fees.

There are also a handful of dealers on gunbroker who will trade in guns, but it sometimes becomes a hassle with shipping and transfers unless they have something rare that you want. I traded my Kel-tec sub 2000 to a guy in Illinois for a K31.

Why didn't you call me, I've been salavating over that damn Kel-Tec for a while now.

There are also a handful of dealers on gunbroker who will trade in guns, but it sometimes becomes a hassle with shipping and transfers unless they have something rare that you want. I traded my Kel-tec sub 2000 to a guy in Illinois for a K31.

Why didn't you call me, I've been salavating over that damn Kel-Tec for a while now.

Well, it was over a year ago, and that particular Kel-Tec was a piece of crap. You might have been able to shoot 2 round before the damn thing jammed.