Sign in to follow this  
Maksim

Arsenal seized in parsippany.

The court of anything is not my concern. It's the one dimensional members of this forum. This is a fellow NJ gun owner charged with some questionable nonviolent offences. He is not the enemy. He is innocent until proven guilty.

Look back at some of the others comments. And you will see where my words are aimed.

Mr. Totalabuse,

I have no respect for a fellow firearms owner who refuses to follow the 4 rules of firearm safety. While his legality/illegality is up to a court, I have seen enough to 'excuse myself from the jury' as I could not be fair nor impartial. I am an engineer and I tick much like Joe Friday "Just the facts, Maam..."

I agree with what has been said-- that all individuals are innocent until proven guilty. However, with the degradation of the US society in recent history, LE, Government and DCs have been on the preemptive strike mode (to combat things like terrorism, or school shootings, etc). Fortunately, and unfortunately because these events do occur, there is always a pattern that individuals/groups take before partaking in such horrific events (even if they are not necessarily planning on executing on said plans).

To me, it appears the LE did just that in this case. Is it justifiable? Maybe, maybe not. But if it were possible to stop something terrible from every occurring, would it be worth it?

That argument has taken far more steam, esp since the Bush days, and things like the NSA wire taps (which were completely legal btw). Times actually had an article that highlights that mode of thinking: http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1691609,00.html.

Personally, I have my doubts about how the system works. I have great faith in the IC, but no one can tell the future.

BBK,

If they only busted this guy as a premptive strike based soley on his dumb a$$ pictures, then we should all be scared. That is an ubacceptable infringements on all of our rights. We should all be P O and scared because that gives Law enforcement the power to arrest on the premise of what they think we are capable of doing.

Some people do horrible things, but you can not make policy based off of one persons actions out of millions.

The facts of the case will come out eventually and let's hope he actually did something illegal that spurred the arrest, not just the stupid pictures. They might have spurred an investigation though. Not that it is right either. Be caeful what you say and post on the internet, it never goes away.

from what it looks like, from the article and photos to back it up.... high cap magazines, and other stuff not legal in nj.

If the cops came to his home, and he let them in... his own fault.

Him be a fool, and not saying anything about his character or photos that he posted in public...

I am sure there are many people who move with their firearms to NJ from other states, and may bring with them high cap magazines, foldable stocks. etc..

...If the cops came to his home, and he let them in... his own fault. ...

They article states the police had a warrant. He couldn't legally refuse them the search if they did:

...With a warrant, heavily armed officers searched Coughlan's home on Roosevelt Avenue in the Lake Hiawatha section around 12:15 a.m. yesterday, he said. ...

BBK,

If they only busted this guy as a premptive strike based soley on his dumb a$$ pictures, then we should all be scared. That is an ubacceptable infringements on all of our rights. We should all be P O and scared because that gives Law enforcement the power to arrest on the premise of what they think we are capable of doing.

Some people do horrible things, but you can not make policy based off of one persons actions out of millions.

The facts of the case will come out eventually and let's hope he actually did something illegal that spurred the arrest, not just the stupid pictures. They might have spurred an investigation though. Not that it is right either. Be caeful what you say and post on the internet, it never goes away.

What might have led to this individual's demise is his innate stupidity and/or need to impress. None of it will add up until the dust settles of course. My point about the law enforcement opting to take it to the point in which they did is because since 9/11 (and prior), there has been an increase in Human Intelligence focus. With this increase in focus, LE has learned (from terrorist groups, school shooters, home-bred extremism) that regardless of the culture, there are always patterns. I can't remember them off the top of my head, but it goes something like rite of passage > isolation > re initiation. While it is not an exact science, and applications can vary dependent on the case, LE (local to Fed level) has utilized it as a legal preventative measure.

Because someone posts or expresses them self in a ridiculous manner does not necessarily warrant extremism. As civilians, we don't know the details of the situation, and there could have been plenty of red flags, along with obvious violations, that led to where we are now. Big Brother is watching, sure, but there's no need to worry because the ones behind it are citizens just like you and me... just normal folk.

All I know, is that if i was a parent, and I didnt know anything about firearms, heck, even if I did, and I saw his profile and his pictures friends with my child.... I would quickly report it to the police. You really dont know if he was playing, or just getting joy out of it.

the dum dum in question infact admitted on ar15.com that he had high cap magazines..... wow.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=14&t=359546 username muffin?

from Muffin on AR15.com..Yes we are screwed but not that bad really, its still wrong but we can have just about anything we want, just not the original guns by name. and no high caps, which we have anyway just not at the range

What a tool, some sort of false belief in privacy on the internet.

What I really dont get is this... many of the firearms owners posting on message boards are cops, both active and retired. Wouldnt it be wise to think that posting something on a board as blatant as he had, where LEO frequent... that there is a chance of getting caught?

Even here, I can delete a post, but most websites are backed up and archived, heck, google comes here daily and archives the public posts for their search engines. When you get a subpenoa from the police for someone's records, you have their IP address, and if you have a permanent internet connection like a cable model, dsl or fios, they know exactly who uses it.

NOTHING on the internet, once posted is private. Unless you use private messages.

The court of anything is not my concern. It's the one dimensional members of this forum. This is a fellow NJ gun owner charged with some questionable nonviolent offences. He is not the enemy. He is innocent until proven guilty.

Look back at some of the others comments. And you will see where my words are aimed.

Mr. Totalabuse,

I have no respect for a fellow firearms owner who refuses to follow the 4 rules of firearm safety. While his legality/illegality is up to a court, I have seen enough to 'excuse myself from the jury' as I could not be fair nor impartial. I am an engineer and I tick much like Joe Friday "Just the facts, Maam..."

I'm not really sure where your going with this statement. In regards to directing it at me anyway. For I too feel that firearm safety is paramount. I am quite perticular as to who I shoot with as a result of my feelings on the matter. As far as the rest of your comment. The only thing I can say is........OK.

the dum dum in question infact admitted on ar15.com that he had high cap magazines..... wow.

I disagree. I know I'm reaching here ;) But the word "we" is used in a communal sense. And the winking smiley could indicate jest.

I disagree. I know I'm reaching here ;) But the word "we" is used in a communal sense. And the winking smiley could indicate jest.

For his sake... I really hope so... but those mags in the pics sure seem big. lol. =)

For his sake... I really hope so... but those mags in the pics sure seem big. lol. =)

Again , and for the final time. They COULD be permanently altered to hold 15 or less rounds. Are we assuming the the G3 looking thing is a Century or PTR? Looks like a HK91 to me. Which of course doesn't mean a thing.

lol...I thought he was talking about me because I found his profile, like I was trying to be a detective or something. haha I was just makin sure. :)

Aw, your insecure. That's adorable :lol:

As it's already been pointed out. You just have a lot of time on your hands. :mrgreen:

He was very easy to find on myspace. First thing I did when I saw his name in print. With the exception of all the pics everyone is crying about. I was quite surprised at how tame his page is.