Maksim

Are you part of the Clan?

Yenteh...nothing worse than this. A jewish girl who will not STFU.

Balabusta - one who cooks and cleans...a good houswife

Both those words are Yiddish, almost like a hebrew slang.

Ashkenazi I am pretty sure is a more common population of the jews. Other examples would be Orthodox, Syrian, Hasidim...etc.

You had better learn this stuff buddy....jewish parents do not like when their daughter brings home a goyum! ;)

Definitely not, but if this happens there are cures for women who talk to much.

This is closer to her since she does bake me brownies like once a week and brings me food quite often :)

Ashkenazi I am pretty sure is a more common population of the jews. Other examples would be Orthodox, Syrian, Hasidim...etc.

You had better learn this stuff buddy....jewish parents do not like when their daughter brings home a goyum! ;)

And her mother adores me because I'm just such a nice sweet quiet gentleman, whats their not to like

chad, you are wrong here buddy. =) go on jdate.

Ashkenazi is not your "grade" of judaism, but rather the origin of judaism.

the two main ones are Ashkenazi ( which originates in eastern/western europe) and Sephardic (middle east).

Orthodox, reform, hasidim, conservative, conservadox, etc. all describe your flavor of judaism from non believer to ultra religious.

Maks... Thanks for schooling me, I had no idea :oops: Are the words ashkenazi and sephardic a region or city or something or just what it's called? And that list of "grades", is that in any order .... like from extreme to non-believer? All those names always confused me, orthodox are extremely religious right?

And BTW...what are you doing on Jdate??????????? :lol:

Maks... Thanks for schooling me, I had no idea :oops: Are the words ashkenazi and sephardic a region or city or something or just what it's called? And that list of "grades", is that in any order .... like from extreme to non-believer? All those names always confused me, orthodox are extremely religious right?

And BTW...what are you doing on Jdate??????????? :lol:

Wait until he really starts talking about what kind of jew you are.

Asheknazi and Sphedaric would be the equivelant of race.

Orthodox, reform, etc are the level of religion you are (what customs, etc are practiced).

Now, when someone asks you what kind of jew you are, there are the tribes.

Those are the Cohens, Levys and isrealites.

Many years ago when someone asked what you were, the response was one of those 3.

Israelites were the common folk, Levys were the teachers ( I believe) and Cohens were the aristocrats (if memory serves me correct, it's been a long time).

if memory serves me correctly

Cohen's were the Priests

Levi's were the Levites

This coming from a goyim Christian.

Waddaya know! Not bad for a schpitzboob:

Classical priesthood

The role of the priesthood in Judaism has significantly diminished since the destruction of the Second Temple in 70 CE, when priests attended to the Temple and sacrifices. The priesthood is an inherited position, and although priests no longer have any but ceremonial duties, they are still honored in many Jewish communities. Many Orthodox Jewish communities believe that they will be needed again for a future Third Temple and need to remain in readiness for future duty.

* Kohen (priest) - patrilineal descendant of Aaron, brother of Moses. In the Temple, the kohanim were charged with performing the sacrifices. Today, a Kohen is the first one called up at the reading of the Torah, performs the Priestly Blessing, as well as complying with other unique laws and ceremonies, including the ceremony of redemption of the first-born.

* Levi (Levite) - Patrilineal descendant of Levi the son of Jacob. In the Temple in Jerusalem, the levites sang Psalms, performed construction, maintenance, janitorial, and guard duties, assisted the priests, and sometimes interpreted the law and Temple ritual to the public. Today, a Levite is called up second to the reading of the Torah.

I think you guys in the Clan would be proud of my bartering skills that I used yesterday at the gun show. ;)

:text-imwithstupid: :angry-banghead: :angry-soapbox: popcorn.gif

heh, clearly this guy didn't see my post about bartering skills, I pity you right now :)

Wow. My Jewish Joke in a post of Jewish Jokes gets singled out and replied to with veiled threats? That seems reasonable.

lol. sorry, dont get it. =)

neither do I ? but hey Im not jewish? :shhh:

As a matter of fact, i believe i am a minority on this board. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Alright, Bad joke Ill admit. But lets not get carried away here.

This was actually not a jab at you, but at matt6669 from a thread that I really don't feel like looking for. I believe it has to do with when he sold his pistol? That's a stab into the dark.