Maksim

Are you part of the Clan?

Non practicing (I got enough practice when I was growing up in a contemporary orthodox house),

Married a schikza (spellcheck) and my kids are christened

Starting doing Hannukah with them last year and will continue to do it

But, having Christmas Eve at the tiny pad....whos coming?

MMMMM Bacon!

You know it.

A buddy of mine, known him since jumpstreet. Every time we meet up at a bar it's beers and burgers. It's always the same line. Waitress takes the order "Well considering I'm Jooish, I'll have a bacon cheeseburger. Yeah, that's right you heard me". He's been rocking that line for twenty years. And it's always as funny as the first. It's all in the delivery.

WOW, I did not know Lakewood was a Jewish town.

Oh yeah, has been for a long time. Around 96 they started a huge renewal of the town. Knocking down the old and ghetto. And putting up condos everywhere. They also got rid of the blacks and brought in the mexicans.

It's amazing how fast that town changed. In many ways for the same.

Way before that, Chad. By the 60's it was already down hill. So I'm told anyway. I grew up five miles from downtown Lakewood and remember the 70's very well. It was very dark. Already a welfare town.

Here's an interesting tidbit. During the fifties and sixties (maybe even before that) there were over forty barbershops in Lakewood. Most of which were fronts for illegal gambling. "Those Jews love to gamble" As it was said. That castle by the lake was a whorehouse until the forties or early fifties.

An afternoon at the "beach club", playing gin rummy for a dime a point, then a quick trip to the castle. Sounds like a grand old time.

That castle by the lake was a whorehouse until the forties or early fifties.

A whorehouse located in a castle. Did it get any better? Seriously.

Perfection: Grab a meal to-go at Burger King, put on that Burger King crown and head to the castle to enjoy your meal and dessert.

clan? lol, because im a gun owner I have to be stereotyped as a member of a clan? or THE CLAN? why can't I just be a suburban gun owner?

lmfao, im no member of a clan. I was thinking about joining a gun club though. lol.

clan? lol, because im a gun owner I have to be stereotyped as a member of a clan? or THE CLAN? why can't I just be a suburban gun owner?

lmfao, im no member of a clan. I was thinking about joining a gun club though. lol.

I think they're talking about ZEE JEWS.

I may be wrong, I remember driving through Lakewood in the eighties, and it was a mostly black town. I used to own a truck and driving to the shore was the only way, taking Rt.9(No trucks in the parkway north of exit 105). I spend most of my summers in Lavallette and South Sea Side Park.

I may be wrong, I remember driving through Lakewood in the eighties, and it was a mostly black town. I used to own a truck and driving to the shore was the only way, taking Rt.9(No trucks in the parkway north of exit 105). I spend most of my summers in Lavallette and South Sea Side Park.

Indeed, at that time it sure looked that way. Depending on the area that is. The Hasidic(sp?) and black folks lived in the down town area of over a generation. I guarantee that if you took the same route now you'd be surprised. FWIW the town is still mostly white/wasp. You just don't see them because they work :shock: