Sign in to follow this  
totalabuse

Discharging firearms within city limits

As some of you know I shoot in my back yard. As so do a lot of my neighbors (their yards that is). I've never had a problem with this in any way. But the wife decided to see if we were legit. As it turns out. My township does NOT have any discharging laws. None.

I grew up in Howell and at the time the law was that you had to be 200 feet from a occupied dwelling. A house basically. Jackson was 400 feet from any dwelling. Garage, out building, chicken coup, whatever. And Bricktown forbid any discharging what so ever.

My question is, what are YOUR restrictions? I'm just curious to see how it varies throughout the state.

Cherry Hill.... seriously, I dont even have to look. NO DISCHARGE... not even bows. I had a target bale setup in my back yard (1 acre of woods) and a friend/cop buddy of mine told me not to get caught or piss of the neighbors because it was verboten.

I can't find anything for Clark...

I dug through the codes last night and found nothing for Old Bridge either.. Is there a mandate from the State, where if a township does not have these regulations the state wide ones take over?

I've never read anything to suggest that. And given my situation, I'm not sure how much I wanna dig.

:mrgreen:

Haven't seen anything for Plainsboro twp (been through their Codes). The 2000 census puts us at 20k people in 12.2 square miles, though most of that population is centralized in townhouses (which are no longer allowed to be built in the township) that are in the southern part of town. Rest of the town is woods or farmland-- and most of that has been deemed preserved.

Town of Secaucus Town Ordinance:

Enacted 1959

72-4. Use of guns prohibited in town; exceptions.

The use of guns, pistols and firearms of all descriptions is hereby prohibited in the Town of Secaucus, in the County of Hudson; provided, however, that this prohibition shall not apply to a practice pistol range in use by members of a regularly constituted Police Department or civilian defense unit nor to a properly constructed and operated indoor and outdoor rifle or pistol range, nor to the use of such instrumentalities in the lawful defense of persons or property.

I was just discussing this with my old man (I have a bad cat problem). I know it's illegal in Bayonne because many people have been arrested for it, especially shooting at animals.

I was just discussing this with my old man (I have a bad cat problem). I know it's illegal in Bayonne because many people have been arrested for it, especially shooting at animals.

Every Municpality in Hudson County has the Ordinance.