Sign in to follow this  
Maksim

Smith Wesson 22a Recall

Info below.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/ ... onId=10506

Smith & Wesson has identified a condition that may exist in certain model 22-A pistols. Based on our ongoing product review, we have determined that the slides of certain pistols manufactured from August 1, 2008 to February 19, 2009, may not meet the design specification. This can create a situation where insufficient headspace exists creating a risk of unintended discharge.

This recall applies only to 22-A pistols manufactured from August 1, 2008 to February 19, 2009. Affected pistols fall within the following serial number range:

UBW0000 - UBW9999

UBY0000 - UBY4104

so am I. =)

Just submitted the online claim. Hoping we only have to mail in the slide. As otherwise, they wont be mail the complete handgun to us back, and have to go to FFL.

Nah....... it can go back and forth directly.....

I had to send mine back for service when I 1st got it..... it came back just needing an adult signature.....

Had a different experience with Springfield. ;) Verified with ATF. If firearm goes from you directly to mfr, they have to send it back through ffl.

otherwise, if you send through ffl, it is logged and can go to you.

that was what i was told by atf and springfield

Had a different experience with Springfield. ;) Verified with ATF. If firearm goes from you directly to mfr, they have to send it back through ffl.

otherwise, if you send through ffl, it is logged and can go to you.

that was what i was told by atf and springfield

I have sent guns to Glock and Kahr for warranty work and I shipped UPS overnight and the guns were delivered to my house after the work was completed.

When I send my S&W 22A for service, first called S&W, it was handled by DHL door to door; I did not pay a dime. I never send the warranty card. The frame was crack; they send me a brand new gun. I forget DHL came with a box, I put my gun in, and he closed with tape, fill the form and he sealed to the box.

Here is the link to FEDEX: http://www.fedex.com/us/services/terms/us.html#firearms

The short version: They ship Priority Overnight only and to a manufacturer. I don't understand why Springfield told you only through an FFL. My Longslide went to them twice.

UPS policy: http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resour ... earms.html

Pretty much the same. Important point, you have to go to a FEDEX or UPS facility. No retail outlets.

For what it is worth, I have been in distribution/shipping for many years and have used both Fed Ex and UPS extensively. I would not use Fed Ex if it was free. Priority overnight from them is not that great a service. Others may have had better experiences, but I was forced to use Fed Ex daily for 3 yrs and will never use them again if it is up to me.

Just got my label to send back via email.

called up Smith customer service. they said to mail the whole gun in. As far as ETA, they are just getting started on the recalls, and may take as long as a month or longer to get it back. Wow.

i am going to be without a 22lr for a whole month... not counting the walther carbine.

Just got my label to send back via email.

called up Smith customer service. they said to mail the whole gun in. As far as ETA, they are just getting started on the recalls, and may take as long as a month or longer to get it back. Wow.

i am going to be without a 22lr for a whole month... not counting the walther carbine.

Yeah.... just got mine also.......

Gonna shoot the crap out of it this weekend.....then I will send it in....

yeah... cant complain, but it just seems they are replacing the slides as soon as the guns come...

i had them look at the barrel as there was a ring/crack? in the middle of it... so got a new barrel as well.

Ring/crack ? where was it ?