devils4ever

Greetings from Morris County

Hi all,

I guess I should introduce myself even though I've already posted here. I see there's another Devils fan (DevsAdvocate) here. I read his intro and see he lives in Clark. That's where I grew up. I won't say how many years ago. :lol:

I've been a member of Shongum Sportsmen Association since 1995 (I think :roll: ). As for rifles, I own a Remington 700 in .233, a Ruger 10/22, and a M1 Garand. I got the M1 from the CMP (previously DCM) by qualifiying at Shongum. I never shot one before and used one of the club's M1. I did okay in the match, not last place! I think I came in the about 3/4 of the way down in the scores. As for handguns, I have a Browning Buckmark in .22LR and a S&W revolver in .357 Magnum.

I also do reloading to keep ammo costs down. BTW, where have all the primers gone? :o

My teenage son loves shooting too and comes with me to the range. He loves the Remington 700 bolt action rifle with Leupold scope. My eyesight isn't what it used to be and I think he can outshoot me with iron sights. :(

Well, I rambled enough. All I can say is, "Let's go Devils!!!"

devils4ever

Any other Shongum members here???

On the waiting list.....

still deciding if it will be worth the expense....

How much longer do you have to wait?

The dues aren't too bad. The ammo is another story. :D

Should hear from them in a few months....

I hear the wait is about nine months to a year. The number of members is kept low so the range is almost never crowded. It was raining today so I went to the indoor range. I was there from about 3:00PM to 5:00PM and I was the only one using the entire range.

I hear the wait is about nine months to a year. The number of members is kept low so the range is almost never crowded. It was raining today so I went to the indoor range. I was there from about 3:00PM to 5:00PM and I was the only one using the entire range.

As of 5/18.... I was 35th on the list..... maybe another month or 2