Sign in to follow this  
sparny524

FL CCW...

Glad to hear you are getting it. Myself and quite a few other people on here have it. I got mine before the gun craze took off , about 7 or so years ago. The turnaround time was just a few weeks back then, I know its a different story now. Supposdly FL is extremely backed up with applicants and is hiring more staff to keep up with the backlog. There are also some people on here that have applied already, maybe they can shed some light on how long they have been waiting.

Do you travel much? To PA?

It is a great feeling if you have never done it before. You actually realize you feel safer. Maybe you will have some luck finding a holster in FL or NC?

Yeah..... I might take a chance on mailorder..... just take some of the advice from the guys on my M&P forum..... I just dont want to end up with a pile of holsters in a drawer that I dont like :lol:

Yeah, I have a nice collection going myself of useless holsters, ones that dont fit me, ones that dont fit any of my guns bla bla bla. :roll:

And now the echoes from the Chad household:

Honey, I need to buy some guns to fit all of the holsters I have. I love you snoogy woogy. Ow those frying pans hurt, stop throwing th.....

911 what's your emergency?

my husband slipped in the kitchen and hit his head on the stove and o few pots and pans fell on him

Glad to hear you are getting it. Myself and quite a few other people on here have it. I got mine before the gun craze took off , about 7 or so years ago. The turnaround time was just a few weeks back then, I know its a different story now. Supposdly FL is extremely backed up with applicants and is hiring more staff to keep up with the backlog. There are also some people on here that have applied already, maybe they can shed some light on how long they have been waiting.

Do you travel much? To PA?

Ya i figured as much, on hold for 30 minutes..... and then told to go online haha. And yes I do travel quite often. I spend most of the year in VA for school. Most of my friends are from VA, NC, FL etc. and I go home with them quite often. Plus, my sister lives in PA so i'm there more than twice a month. The CCW would be put to good use :)

I have the paperwork now and I'm gonna call "gun for hire" and take that class they have. The class is this August and it costs $50 bucks. And they get you fingerprinted and notary public.

For those applying for a FL CCW. FL requires fingerprints be done by a LEO, and you have to list the police dept on the back of the fingerprint card.

I had my prints done by a retired LEO, and they bounced those prints 45 days after I submitted them. As luck would have it I was in FL the week after so I got printed at the FL Sheriffs office.

Long story short, you need LEO to print you for FL. Many towns will do it for you, many in NJ will not and they outsource to Sagem Morphum (Cant spell it). Im not sure if FL would consider Sagem as a law enforcement agency so if you have to go that route Id call FL to check.

Best of luck.

How do you get the paperwork to file for the ccw? Also how does that allow us to carry in new jersey. I would love to be bale to carry my gun. I work in the ghetto and already have had my car windows smashed.

Does NOT allow you to carry in NJ.....

But about 38 other states...

http://www.safeguardingfreedom.com/

http://www.carryconcealed.net/

Just got back from the York, PA Gunshow. Stayed for Sat and Sun to keep Anthony from Gun for Hire company. Black rifle paradise at this show. P239 SAS .40 in my High-Noon the whole trip. Went out for dinner and the waitress places us at a table with our backs to the door.

Wassup ? We politely moved to a booth with a good view of the establishment.

It's not that I feel safer, It's the fact that I have the right to take control of the safety of my family, friends, and self if the situation arises. When I carry, my situational awareness is also up a bit over yellow. For some, it takes a while to attain that level. It can be fatiguing. I think I was always at yellow to begin with.

A good drill for you guys waiting for the permit is to go out as if you are carrying. Scan your surroundings, glance at the people, observe what they are doing. Use all senses. If you have a sixth one even better. Read up on the subject of CC and take courses. There is very much to learn. I was suprised how many people I saw who did not dress for CC properly. I know they say that most common folk don't notice anything but these guys were printing big-time. I guess if you wear a tight white thin t shirt with a 1911 you can spot it a mile away.

All in all, train, train, train, and study the craft in courses, books, and magazines. Even the weather is an issue for CC. Study and find out why.

Safe shooting, and safe carry. Hope those permits come soon for you guys. Taking the wife and baby to Sesame Place in Langhorne next week. I'll have to check their policy. Maybe Elmo will be packing :lol:

Does NOT allow you to carry in NJ.....

But about 38 other states...

http://www.safeguardingfreedom.com/

http://www.carryconcealed.net/

Be sure to check the individual state you plan on visiting. States like Colorado, Kansas, and even New Hampshire do not allow you to carry with a FL license if you are not a resident of FL.

Where do i click on to find out how to get the paperwork? I am on both of the links but maybe i am missing something. Acutally going to be spending some time in florida this year with a friend for his wedding. Would love to be able to carry. Any help is appreciated

sweet thanks. Do I acually need the gun safe course?

Yes

Check with gun for hire, one of the vendors on this site, I believe they offer a class? I'm not sure. Alternatively you can sign up for a hunter safety education course thru the state.

does anyone know if a hunter safety course you took in NY would work for a Florida CCW. I know the hunter safety course qualifies to allow you to get a hunting license in Jersey so you would think that it would be ok.

The hunter safety course certificate (or whatever proof they issue as proof of completion) is acceptable as proof of firearms training, as long as live fire is involved. If all you did was sit in a classroom and discuss hunting regulations, then it won't be acceptable.

A hunting license is NOT eligible as proof; Florida does not know if your hunting license requires proof of training.

Basically any live fire firearm course taught by a certified instructor meets the requirement for a Florida carry license.

Of course, if you are serious about carrying a firearm for defense, consider getting some defensive training. Merely carrying a gun does not guarantee that you would prevail in a gun fight.

Yes it is $117, and I'm surprised and glad that it hasn't increased in price. One thing that has increased is the length of time it's good for; it used to be 5 years, now it's 7!