Melgamatic

New Jersey Senate to Vote on One-Gun-A-Month Tomorrow

So basically in Toms River, I just got reduced to 2 handguns a year, since it takes 6 months per permit. Guess i'm only buying Sigs, since I can get 3-4 calibers per handgun on the same permit.

Can you apply one every month and just wait 6 month for every one of them? Otherwise sig p250 starts looking good. I was looking at it but too many people had problems even those brought a month ago.

The one saving grace.... I am reading the details... C&R holders.

(b) a collector of handguns as curios or relics as defined in Title

8 18, United States Code, section 921 (a) (13) who has in his

9 possession a valid Collector of Curios and Relics License issued by

10 the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives;

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2008/Bills ... 339_I1.PDF

I doubt it. This only affects handguns. Rifles will still be there, but much like prohibition, knowing your rights are limited, I bet more people will make sure they get their legal 12 a year.

I seriously wonder how they are going to enforce the 12 limit....

Are you still going to have to get a permit before you buy one? does it mean you are limited to 6 pistol permits? or will they issue them at a faster rate?

I doubt they have thought of that yet. It will be a impossible task to track unless before any permit is issued, someone hand searches the applicant's file to see how many have been purchased to date. It will just slow down a already bogged down system. Waits will increase, that's for sure.

The bottom line is that the law will do little to nothing for crime. The vast majority of handgun purchases don't go over 12 a year. The intent was to stem straw purchases from buying vast numbers of handguns. Except that never was a problem in NJ in the first place. The law started with Healey in Jersey City. When he couldn't get it passed, he tried on the state level.

I doubt they have thought of that yet. It will be a impossible task to track unless before any permit is issued, someone hand searches the applicant's file to see how many have been purchased to date. It will just slow down a already bogged down system. Waits will increase, that's for sure.

The bottom line is that the law will do little to nothing for crime. The vast majority of handgun purchases don't go over 12 a year. The intent was to stem straw purchases from buying vast numbers of handguns. Except that never was a problem in NJ in the first place. The law started with Healey in Jersey City. When he couldn't get it passed, he tried on the state level.

It is crazy though, if it could not pass in Jersey city, yet passes on the state level.

The law itself that passed honestly doesn't bother me personally. However, what does is that this is the classic case of the philosophical slippery slope. I believe it was Maksim that broke it down, but to echo, it starts with this law... it progresses into more 2A restrictive laws, and eventually wipes 2A out. Simultaneously, other freedoms, speech or expression of religion, slowly start being phased out (if they're not already). Have any of these politicians taken a Morals and Ethics course?

What ultimately bothers me is that these restrictions are a form of discrimination. I do not see how restricting regulated, accountable, lawful sales increases the likelihood of crime. If the US wants to cry about the number of firearms crossing the border, then the US government should stop providing arms to other countries to began with. It is highly hypocritical to say there is an issue (and to say that the US doesn't participate in proxy wars... but that's a different can of worms), and provide arms that are never explicitly stated in any bills that are passed. I see these restrictions as discrimination, as noted, and what I would consider band-aid laws. There is no real solution, but its like adding stilts to a teetering bridge, without ever providing actual repairs to its foundations.

It is a control issue. Like most of the NJ Nanny laws, it is designed to acclimate the Subject to Govt control in all aspects of their life. If we do not say it is ok then you can not do it.

Our Politicians blow. We need to find a way to vote all of these peckerheads out.

It is a control issue. Like most of the NJ Nanny laws, it is designed to acclimate the Subject to Govt control in all aspects of their life. If we do not say it is ok then you can not do it.

Our Politicians blow. We need to find a way to vote all of these peckerheads out.

Not all of our Politicians. On sovereignty read this: http://townhall.com/columnists/OliverNo ... overeignty

Inside of that, notice:

Nearly a year ago, Freedom Alliance, the Center for Security Policy, and The Heritage Foundation began urging members of Congress to convene a body to focus on issues of American sovereignty. Last Wednesday, Reps. Doug Lamborn, Thad McCotter and Scott Garrett announced the formation of the Congressional Sovereignty Caucus -- an entity dedicated to preserving U.S. sovereignty.

He's my rep up here in Sussex. It's sort of hard to believe that one of the most conservative, small government politicians in congress is from New Jersey. He voted against the porkulus package, he voted against lots of Bush's big gov't boondoogles and Juan McCain's amnesty. There are a few good ones. He's staunch Pro 2nd Amendment too.

Sure you can. Have the set sent to an FFL and they'll release them to you one per month.

After all, we're just children who have to get permission to eat snacks, and then have our candy doled out to us lest we ruin our appetite before dinner. What a friggin' crock of shiite. I'm not happy this morning.

K

Edit to add:

I normally don't post behind my own post, but I just had an epiphany.

The one gun a month isn't designed to have any great effect on gun purchasers. Yeah, it makes an already inconvenient and convoluted process even more so, but the greatest effect will be on the gun sellers. It's going to reduce their sales volume dramatically, maybe to the point where it's no longer profitable to maintain any sort of substantial inventory, or even to drive them out of business.

It eliminates multiple and impulse sales at the counter, and makes it much more difficult to justify a large inventory. It could drive the sellers out of business. Fewer gun shops, fewer sales. Fewer sales, fewer shops. "And then there were none" BRILLIANT!!

Machiavellian bas**rds.

K